Kouran

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Kouran

Post by Dalamar »

With the book finally in my hand I read Kouran's entry and saw his armor.

It causes an S5 hit on anyone that hits him, *immediately*

The way I read it, this goes outside of regular order of things and goes like this:

Opponent hits Kouran
Kouran's armor hits back with S5, rolls to wound and enemy rolls save
If still alive, enemy rolls to wound Kouran, then Kouran makes his save.

That's how I understand "immediately"

Which would increase his usefulness a lot, especially against rank and file troops (who would stand a chance of dying before delivering damage if the chose to attack him)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Canadianguy
Dark Rider

Re: Kouran

Post by Canadianguy »

It does seem like that is the RAW.
Unless in a challange most players will hit anything but him if they are basic troops.
Does appear interesting but I am still doubtful he will hit the table often.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Probably not that good so as to prevent a wound from a hit that already occurred.
It would rather mean that the armour hits back with same Initiative as whoever hitted Kouran.
Both sides' hits/wounds/saves would be resolved "immediately" i.e. simultaneously.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Canadianguy
Dark Rider

Post by Canadianguy »

Likely the way but this is gw and not clarifying "immediatly" in game mechanics it becomes up to us to sort it out.
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Yeah, his armour caught my attention while reading the book too. He could be a potentially un-killable hero for ~150 pts. I'm not sure that this will prevent him from being wounded though, I think what it's saying is that the S5 hits are just resolved immediately. To me, the hits are still registered, and they still need to attempt to try to wound him.

If they are going to include this in the FAQ, I believe they will add "this attack hits at ~x~ I order".
/shrug
Trax
Assassin

Post by Trax »

A hit is a hit, I don't see way an effect, that doesn't explicitly cancel a hit should do so. Yeah, it would make him usable against certain types of troops, alas, I see no reason whatsoever for the connecting hits to be discarded. Might be a double kill in the end but nothing more.