Large Older Dark Elf Army going for sale soon

Buy, Sell or Trade your models here...

Moderators: xFallenx, cultofkhaine, The Dread Knights

Lence
Slave (off the Altar)

Large Older Dark Elf Army going for sale soon

Post by Lence »

I have a pretty large amount of Dark Elves I'll be getting rid of soon. Various old edition models.

Figure I have 3 options...

1.) Sell as one large set
2.) Sell of by unit type
3.) Break down and finish painting them and sell them as I finish.

What would you guys recommend?

I will post the specifics of what the army consists of once I finish going through it, just in case anyone here is interested in older models first.
I know there is at least 2 old versions of Cosairs, metal spear/xbow, plastic spears/xbow, 2 old metal versions of executioners, 2 older metal versions of blackguard, metal hydra, at least 10 dark riders, old metal cold one knights (ones that look like raptors), hydra, manticore, pegasus, 8+ bolt throwers, maybe 2 cold one chariots, 2-3 different old metal versions of witch elves, etc etc. Took me forever to peice this Army together back in the day from all my favorite models, but there is alot of them.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

*So Far*
~74 Plastic Sword Warriors (1995 i think) with metal command units
20 Metal old old Cosairs (sword+axe) + 2 still in blister package
23 metal Cosairs with the cloaks + 2 weapons
5 various assassin models
10 old metal polearm-axe (blackguard maybe?) from about 1995
5 Metal Sorcerers on foot
27 Metal blackguard
25 metal executioners
20 metal old witchelves (big hair ones)
10 metal witchelves
29 metal xbow + 2 in blister
Metal hydra
Manticore (beastmaster rider)
2 sorc on pegasus
7 bolt throwers of various editions
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Large Older Dark Elf Army going for sale soon

Post by xFallenx »

Just my 2c’s: there are obvious pros & cons to each of your selected options but the first thing to figure out is how quickly you would like to move them.
If you have the time & patience, do it piece by piece. This will be more time consuming etc, but it will yield you the best dollar amount.
If you sell as a whole, you may have to drastically discount, but you will have them out of your hair in quick order.
I wouldn't bother painting them as this only really work when you sell them as a complete army due to your selected paint scheme seriously slimming your intended audience.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Lence
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lence »

Thanks. Alot of them have paint already, but nothing close to what I would do now, but your probably right and thanks.

Since someone asked, here is links to what i have photo'd so far:

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y389/slashborn

It took longer because I had been tearing through everything I own looking for missing bits and models which seem to just have disappeared. Missing an entire Manticore (but i have the rider and tail), missing a large number of the COK riders which were disassembled for painting at the time, missing some spearmen, Rxb guys, etc. I've moved 4x since I have had this army out so who knows.

There is still more to photo though.
Lence
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lence »

Found 10 Cold One Knight riders.

Uploaded more pictures (should pretty much cover everything I've found for DarkElves to date)
Lence
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lence »

On a semi-related side note, found 2 Warmaster armies that will be going as well. Doubtful anyone is interested in those, but thought i would mention it just in case. Warmaster is the (10mm i think) version of Warhammer fantasy.

Appears to be an entire Empire and Dwarf armies, plus a book, all in a normal GW plastic case. Some of it appears painted, some not. If for some miracle someone is randomly interested in that holler.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

What are you asking for the Warmaster stuff? We have a guy here that plays (Though he's started playing the Lord of the Rings version, whatever that's called) and may be interested. I believe he does have dwarves, but he definitely doesn't have Empire.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0