Warscroll Synergies

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Warscroll Synergies

Post by Lord Drakon »

So it seems tactical advantages can be created by synergies between our different Warscrolls and combo's. Which ones have you used or do you think can be used ?
anthalont
Shade

Re: Warscroll Synergies

Post by anthalont »

One very obvious is to maximize enemy flee on battleshock phase I think.
Kharibdyss to lower bravery, and extra rolls from corsairs, fleetmaster, harpy, and dark riders(if I remember right)
Lord hajjij
Rotting skull on the Glottkin trail

Post by Lord hajjij »

Did a bit of analysis this past weekend, and here is a combo I'm trying out this weekend...

Dreadlord on Foot + Death Hag + ~30 Witch Elves

Dreadlord
Cruel Tyrant (Command): Unit re-rolls all wounds

Death Hag
Witchbrew: Re-roll wounds of 1 & no battleshock tests

Witch Elves
Frenzied Fervour: +1 attack when <=14" from a Death Hag
Sacrificial Knives: Re-roll all hits when >= 20 models

In an ideal setting, each Witch Elf now has 3 attacks and re-rolls all hits and all wounds. Witchbrew goes on the Hag herself. You could also feed the unit Witchbrew if the Inspiring Presence Command ability will be needed.
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.

-Sun Tzu
Karrde
Slave on the Altar

Post by Karrde »

One absolutely lethal combination I have found is Hellebron and Executioners of Har Ganeth. At my local store, my unit is known as the God-Reapers, due to the fact that they, utilizing this combination, have taken down everything they have fought with in a single turn, including Nagash.

The math goes a little something like this...

With ten models, and full command, Executioners get 21 attacks. With their special ability Severing Strike, any 6's they roll to HIT turns into 2 mortal wounds. On average, this is 6-8 Mortal Wounds, just on the hit roll. AS for the rest, Executioners hit on 3+s, so we discard 7 dice, leaving us with, on average 10 dice remaining. Executioners wounds on 3+s as well, so lets lose another 4 dice.

IN TOTAL:
AVG: 7 Mortal Wounds, 7 Regular Wounds (No Rend, sadly)

Now we add Hellebron to the mix. Using her Command Ability Orgy of Slaughter, the executioners get to pile in and attack twice. Now this doesn't allow them to get free attacks, as our opponent can (assuming they survive the first storm), attack back before the Executioners go for Round 2. However, Executioners have reasonable saves, so on average, I tend to lose 2-3 models if my opponents strike back.

So then, for attack set 2, lets say we ONLY have 5 models left.

We will still likely strike back with 4 Mortal Wounds and 4 Regular wounds.

This brings this combination strike up to 11 Mortal Wounds and 11 Regular. And that's with HALF your unit gone. Usually, I aim to force my opponent to choose another combat to resolve first, allowing my Executioners two rounds of uninterrupted slaughter. And that, is how you kill a god.
All Warriors Serve Khaine In Their Own Time
Lord hajjij
Rotting skull on the Glottkin trail

Post by Lord hajjij »

I've been finding some synergy in simply the abundance of mortal wound causing units we have access to. Been playing some smaller/medium sized games and the ability to cripple or even delete problem units with a high save is fantastic.

Sisters of Slaughter + Sorceress on Cold One

You can either choose to cast Mystic Shield on the Sisters (even better if they're in Cover) or to sacrifice a Sister to hopefully get off a Chillwind with a fistful of dice - depending on the situation. Sisters are ideal for taking on units with a high damage output. A 2+ save for them in combat that bounces mortal wounds back half the time is both easily attainable and extremely effective.

Doomfire Warlocks + Numinous Occulum :burns:

If you play terrain setup like we do, we alternate setting up terrain at the beginning of the game and each player can pick whatever terrain they want. So I often get an Occulum in the game, and frankly, using my usual 2 units of 7 Doomfire Warlocks in combination with it is insane. First off, their movement will most likely allow them to be near the terrain after turn 1. Both units can cast Piercing the Veil, and they can use the ability to change a die to make their d6 mortal wound Doombolt = 6 mortal wounds...while also getting +1 to cast and unbind... !eek!
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.

-Sun Tzu
HobbyKiller
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by HobbyKiller »

I think we are lucky that our units work well without the need for synergies in terms of buffs, where as some lists such as empire and lizardmen really rely on them. This is of course a curse and a blessing as whilst our units don't need others to perform well they also don't ever get better than they already are.

For me the most obvious synergies we have are:

Malekith plus anything else as not taking battleshock is awesome

Multiple mages as our list is designed to get lots in easily that can deal damage this also means we have acces to lots of mystic shields

Executioners and cold one knights as they form an awesome flank and tank combination
AOS blog from a competitive players perspective - https://hobbykiller.wordpress.com
yosri
Slave on the Altar

Post by yosri »

As i play azyr comp. I like to use this combo. Exiled warhost, 2x 10 dark shards, 30 spearmen, 5 cold ones, 4x reaper bolt thrower, and dreadlord on foot. Your spearmen will be hitting on 2's if they walked and will auto hit if they charged and dit not move, they will wound on a 4 plus and reroll all failed wound due to cruel tyrant ability.

let me know what u think.
Wrathbaby
Dark Rider

Post by Wrathbaby »

I'm currently trying to get into AoS after several months spent having a tantrum. I quite enjoy the look of corsairs, lokhir felheart, black ark fleetmasters, hydras and kharibdyss. Complimented particularly nicely by dark riders and maybe even doomfire warlocks (no point reducing bravery if you haven't got enough sources of wounds, and the magic helps)
"When it comes to besting the enemy, there's no such thing as 'overkill.'" - Good ol' Master Bronk

Also here's a PLOG: http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76272