My Army List(What do you think?)

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

CAPTAINxDEE
Slave (off the Altar)

My Army List(What do you think?)

Post by CAPTAINxDEE »

So far we have done 80 wounds maximum and this would be my list
Dreadlord
Morathi
2x Reaper Bolt Thrower
1x Black Guard of Naggarond(11)
1x Scourgerunner Chariot(1)

Exiled Blood Cult
Cauldron of Blood
3x Witch Elves(5)
1x Har Ganeth Executioners(12)

Dreadlord's command ability on the Executioners, along with the Strength of Khaine, and the battalion's ability. It means bad times if they get to swing first, which I usually try to make sure is a thing.
I tried using Dreadspears as bodies but they feel useless, Black Guard however seem amazing.

If I were to do 100 wounds I think this would be my list:

Dreadlord
Malekith, The Witch King
Morathi
2x Reaper Bolt Thrower
1x Black Guard of Naggarond(14)
1x Scourgerunner Chariot(1)

Exiled Blood Cult
Cauldron of Blood
3x Witch Elves(5)
1x Har Ganeth Executioners(15)
Phox532
Executioner

Re: My Army List(What do you think?)

Post by Phox532 »

I have read this Exiled Cult of Khanite a few times, and I seem to be missing something...Are Witch elves really that awesome? I'm new to the game and I don't want to go chasing every flavor of the month, so I have created my own Warhost, and plan to do a more Magic based army next year. But anyway are With Elves super badass and I'm just missing it?
Phox Jorkarzul
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

They are indeed badass or were in 8th ed, especially combined with the Cauldron:)
I haven't actually bothered to use them in AoS, so I don't know how they play in it.
CAPTAINxDEE
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by CAPTAINxDEE »

Well the organisation itself doesn't do too much specifically for the witch elves, helps their wounding obviously. But that's more important for the executioners.

What I like to do in hero phase, is do Dreadlord's command ability on Executioners. They get to reroll all failed wounds. Then use the Cauldron's Prayer to Khaine to add 1 to their hit rolls(hitting on 2's now). So now not only are they hitting on 2's, on hits of 6's they immediately do 2 mortal wounds, then on wounding they do a mortal wound on 6's, rerolling 1's and 2's for wounds, wounding on 3's. If you position these guys well enough, they can take out monsters or large groups of units with relative ease.

But as for the Witch Elves, if they stay close to the Cauldron they are terrifying.
Phox532
Executioner

Post by Phox532 »

Yea, i'm looking at this and it's pretty awesome. I may have to convince the wife that I need to get my Cult of Khanite army sooner than next year.
Phox Jorkarzul
CAPTAINxDEE
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by CAPTAINxDEE »

Glad you like it! There's some local tournaments around her that I might try this list with. But I have a lot of painting to do.