New to AOS and i need some help :)

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Nessai
Slave on the Altar

New to AOS and i need some help :)

Post by Nessai »

Hey Guys and Girls.

I have for a some time now thinking about start playing AOS and i have some question that i hope you can help me with :D
I know that i should start by getting the models that i like, but what units will be a good starting point? As far as i cen see in the warscrolls the hydra seems good as do the black dragon, but is this the best start of an army?

What is this whole realm stuff? should i keep that in mind when i paint the army? and where can i get some more info about that?

It seems to like there is no real benifits mixing the exile army with any others units within the Grand alliance: Order, is that right?

I hope that you can help me :)
Phox532
Executioner

Re: New to AOS and i need some help :)

Post by Phox532 »

So for me I look at the different Battalions or Warhost and that was my starting guide. Personally I think that the Thrall Warhost is a good starting point it has good core units I run two units of bleakswords and one unit of Dark shards for core, and then I use a unit of 10 Exe, and 10 Black guard with 2 sorceresses.

If you like the Hydra and Black Dragon then you'd want to go Order Serpents and the Ebondrake WarHost. I am currently build that warhost my self I need at least one hydra, and another 10-15 DrakeSpawn Knights and at lest one more Chariot to be complete.

Other people swear by the Daughter of Khiane and the scourge Privateers but Daughter's of Khaine seems like a major cash investment, and Scourge Privateers ,they don't really appeal to me.

As for mixing units, your right there is little reason too, Unless GW creates a Battle Standard Bear for all AELVES then from what I can see Exiles are the best overall AELF faction. But Stormcast still dominate order.

As for any of the Lore, I haven't been able to find very much on the AELF, cept we are here, doing things, with people.

Hope it helps, and good luck, I love my EXILES.
Phox Jorkarzul
Nessai
Slave on the Altar

Post by Nessai »

Hey.

Thank you for you reply :) Im not looking to make "the best army" i like the exiles and i want to play them :)
But as the noob that i am there are things i dont quite understand. Im i right that Battalions are the different under Categories of the Exiles? And do i need to stick with one or can i mix as i like?
You also mentioned the Thrall Warhost and the Ebondrake WarHost. where can i find those?
Phox532
Executioner

Post by Phox532 »

Nessai wrote:You also mentioned the Thrall Warhost and the Ebondrake WarHost. where can i find those?

You can find them in the Order Battletome on the APP. You may have to pay for, but I think it was wroth it.
Phox Jorkarzul
Nessai
Slave on the Altar

Post by Nessai »

Thank you.
Nessai
Slave on the Altar

Post by Nessai »

So i was wondering something.
Is there any point in start collecting models now? I mean if the make a revamp of the Exiles at some point, will GW then make whole new models to replace the one they have already? or will it "just" be new units and units that are in the warscrolls but dont have a models atm like the Shades?
Catrine
Trainee Warrior

Post by Catrine »

My suggestion would be that if you stick to Exiles models which are printed in the Order Battletome (which is pretty much everything bar the older, non-plastic kits) then you should be fairly safe. So far in AoS there has not been much focus on redoing entire lines, but rather small sub-factions, these tend to add new models/units without invalidating old ones, see the Ironjaws, the old Black Orc kit was not removed from sale but just rolled into that faction.

There is no telling when new Exiles stuff might show up, or in what fashion it might be, but I would imagine that most of the current plastic kits will survive the transition, probably.