New Point Values

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sugar Maple
Slave on the Altar

New Point Values

Post by Sugar Maple »

Looks like new Points were leaked - Darkling Covens got a nice buff with Executioners and Black Guard being allegiance line
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: New Point Values

Post by Calisson »

Merci for the heads up!
Bienvenue to the forum! :D
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Akaron
Slave on the Altar

Post by Akaron »

Sugar Maple wrote:Looks like new Points were leaked - Darkling Covens got a nice buff with Executioners and Black Guard being allegiance line

Would be nice to see privateers. Anyway it seems druchii and aelves in general are not getting love, sadly:(

Merci!
Not Native English... sorry for that in advance!
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

I feel that the dark elves are greatly strengthened by the GHB17 update. The allegience ability easily allow you to get the crucial +1 to hit in shooting. The upward revision of dreadspears to 100 points meant that it is always better to use Darkshards.

Executioners are very strong, able to do 2 mortal wounds on average for every 3 models attacking without accounting for modifiers. Them being cheaper helps a lot.

My main disappointment is that my dark elves cannot ally with my woodies to form an ultimate elven army.
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

Official FAQs and legacy updates below:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-1/
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Well... my Wanderers army just got screwed. All the wardancers and the shadowdancer I painstakingly converted from witch elves and 40K harlequins have now lost their faction keyword. So they won't benefit from any buffs / allegiance rules and now use up Ally points.

Which means I now don't have the Ally points to add the Stormcast I was intending to buy. So I won't be buying them. Well done, GW. That's £70-80 of my money you won't be getting.

Actually, it's worse than that. I don't feel I can continue to buy in to a game system that changes its rules every year and might make my armies illegal (or unplayably bad due to lost synergy) without warning. Proper edition changes every few years, with removal of units and options being very rare, as they have been over most of WHFB's lifespan, I'm OK with. A yearly update that just adds options and tweaks points values is also fine. But this is just stupid. I really think GW is just deliberately wrecking 'legacy' armies to force people to buy the latest pet factions.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

Shadowspite wrote:Well... my Wanderers army just got screwed. All the wardancers and the shadowdancer I painstakingly converted from witch elves and 40K harlequins have now lost their faction keyword. So they won't benefit from any buffs / allegiance rules and now use up Ally points.

Which means I now don't have the Ally points to add the Stormcast I was intending to buy. So I won't be buying them. Well done, GW. That's £70-80 of my money you won't be getting.

Actually, it's worse than that. I don't feel I can continue to buy in to a game system that changes its rules every year and might make my armies illegal (or unplayably bad due to lost synergy) without warning. Proper edition changes every few years, with removal of units and options being very rare, as they have been over most of WHFB's lifespan, I'm OK with. A yearly update that just adds options and tweaks points values is also fine. But this is just stupid. I really think GW is just deliberately wrecking 'legacy' armies to force people to buy the latest pet factions.

I think so as well. This is the reason I am very wary about buying anything other than new factions that have battletomes. My wood elves and dark elves were both screwed in the sense that I do not have enough points to form an army unless I want to play generic grand alliance order, which is a pity really as their individual faction-specific allegience abilities are so good.
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.