AoS Grand Alliance : Order, things I don't understand

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Leonix
Slave on the Altar

AoS Grand Alliance : Order, things I don't understand

Post by Leonix »

Greetings,
I'm not so long into Warhammer lore, so I'm sorry if I'm asking dumb questions, but there is few things that I don't understand here. First, how can Dark Elves ended up in Order Alliance with humans? Druchii were always enslaving humans in books I read before (series about Malus Darkblade) and now you can fill your armies of humans with Dark elves? I don't understand this so much. I want also start new army of Dark Elves, but only units I found were Shadowblades and Scourge corsairs. Is there more of Dark elves units?
Thank you
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Re: AoS Grand Alliance : Order, things I don't understand

Post by Shadowspite »

AoS is a different game, with a different setting from the Malus Darkblade books. However, the Order alliance is not a brotherhood of noblebright good-guys, but an alliance of dire necessity between factions who might hate each other, but hate Chaos more. Think Churchill and Stalin allied against Hitler. The Daughters of Khaine still (secretly) kidnap and sacrifice humans, but they will fight alongside those same humans when a horde of daemons shows up, because daemons are always the greater evil.

Dark Elves are not a single faction in AoS. The models that used to be 'Dark Elves' are now mostly in the Scourge Corsairs, Darkling Covens and Daughters of Khaine factions. You can field an army entirely from one of those factions, or a mixed 'Order' army with models from multiple Order factions, or an army that is mostly a single faction with a few hundred points of allies. Daughters of Khaine is the most 'complete' of the new DE-based factions, and the only one with its own battletome (army book) so far. There is also the Idoneth Deepkin, who are thematically similar to DE.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Leonix
Slave on the Altar

Post by Leonix »

Thank you for reply. I will probably mix Shadowblades and some executioners with corsairs.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Even Sigmarines are not goody two-shoes, they are known for torching entire towns because someone whispered something wrong. Good ole warhammer burnings.

Currently Daughters of Khaine and Idoneth Deepkin are the strongest of Aelf factions simply due to the fact of having their own battletomes which as is GW tradition see a power creep. Thankfully not as bad as 8th edition was yet. Even the most terrifying new things seem to have ways to exploit to bring them down.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16