Thanks for the Battle Reports

Batreps under Age of Sigmar rules

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Phox532
Executioner

Thanks for the Battle Reports

Post by Phox532 »

I was going to comment on all them but seemed silly so just want to tell all you thanks for the battle reports. They have been truly insight to how the game is played. I have watched about 30 different ones on youtube, but most of those seem to be Ogres and Sigmars, so it's nice to see the dark Elves in actions.

As a question to anyone who has played and has a report here, What do you think is more important your army comp, or how you position it on the battle field? I ask cause some people are saying there are not tactics at all in the game and that it is just is what you bring. While others are saying that even with "weaker" force by the old system, with good positions you can hold your own.
Phox Jorkarzul
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Thanks for the Battle Reports

Post by Daeron »

Both are important, of course. You do want synergy to enhance your army. But my own experience would point at the deployment phase. You really need to time and manage your battles, and considering the flexible movement phase, the deployment phase is one of the key steps to create a distance (or not) where you want it.

There's a limit of what you can manipulate with the deployment phase though. When you're running into a brick wall, it doesn't matter as much if you do it a bit sooner or a bit later. But I think mediocre units can beat elite units given the right situation and timing.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze