Who we are (Introduction thread).

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tyrannus k´mhael
Warrior

Post by Tyrannus k´mhael »

Janne from Tampere, Finland. 26 years old, married and have a daughter. Playing for ages, a bit on-and-off style, though. I´ve had chaos, skaven and druchii armies for FB and SM (a chapter of my own devising called osirian guard) and chaos for 40K. Chaos (FB&40K) and skaven armies I sold awhile back and have been concentrating on the druchii and marines. Pointswise I really don´t know how much figures I have had, but probably start crying if someone told me how much I´ve spent on this hobby..
Aquila non capit muscas.
Khalevdarksoul
Trainee Warrior
Location: slaying high elves (where else would a druchii be?)

Post by Khalevdarksoul »

Hi my name is Kevin El Hage. I'm new to this site. I come from Beirut, Lebanon and i live in Dubai (UAE). I've been collecting Dark Elf armies for bout 4 years now. Have a 4500 point army (including my dark elf highborn Khalev Darksoul,Draichlord :) ).I still didn't finish painting the army, and am looking forward to building a 10 000 p army (OUF.. that's gonna be tough on my budget :shock: :? ). I'm looking forward to meeting and chatting with my new guild mates. :) :)

BTW, HAIL THE WITCH KING OF NAGGAROTH.
Death to the High Elves :twisted: :twisted: !!
You all go to your death...
_All death is certain!"
Mellekaeth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Mellekaeth »

I'm Scott Lewis,22, from the UK, and I've been playing on and off for about 12 years now. Originally had an Orc & Goblin (Predominantly gobbo) army, and decided I wanted something a bit more sinister for 6th Ed. so I plumped for the Druchii. I'm more a roleplayer than a wargamer, truth be told, and delight in writing vast reams of background fluff that nobody ever reads. I've been lurking on Druchii.net for about a year now, but have never really posted much.

Oh, and in four days I'm moving to China for a year or more sooooo....I won't be gaming very much :(
Flayer
Executioner

Post by Flayer »

I'm Allyn Smith, 18, from Australia, I've been playing for 6 years. Originally I played Tau, then Necrons, then Nids which i have used predominantly in 40k and I now have 11,000 points of them. I started playing Tomb Kings and loved it then later Dark Elves.
I haven't been on Druchii much since the fall of the MMORP but I'm going to try coming back to it now.

Oh, and I will also soon be playing a five player 5000 pt game this September, without magic, should be fun.
Burn their villages, raze their crops, do what you will but BRING ME THEIR HEADS!
R4v3n
Executioner
Location: at home. on my computer. playing counter-strike source. or maybe World of Warcraft.

Post by R4v3n »

hey guys my name is Ryan. ive been collecting warhammer for about a year and a half. and wh40k SM for 6 months. i have about ~1000pts DE and ~400pts SM due to the fact that ive only recently got a job. and i havent ever played a game yet because i live in a small country towm, and the local hobby shop that sells GW merchndise is an hou away. in fact theres two places about 100 meters from each other! im not really that great of a painter but i like it relaxing.

recently i have gotten hooked on CS:S, BF2, WoW and DoD:S. and currently i am saving up to get my own pc so my parents dont kick me off this one.

i work as a dishpig (dish washer for all you people not up with the slang) at the local country club on friday and saturday nights. its a pretty stressful job so i had a firm and solid belief in the saying "if you cant stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!"
this post was brought to you by R4V3N !D34Z™. a registered trademark of idiots.inc
Khalos
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Khalos »

I'm Julien Bricquet, yep french guy... 20 years old, been playing for 10 years, got 10 K points Dark Elves, making a new one based on Calvary only. I also have 2000 points of Wood Elves, Necron et Chaos Space Marine too...
Blood... I need blood...
Estigia
Slave on the Altar

Post by Estigia »

Ana Jiménez from Málaga, Spain.
I´ve been collecting dark elves when I was... 12 years old, I think..., and now Í´m 18.
And I have high elves too.
Antes de que me odien, ya estarán todos muertos.
Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

How did I miss this thread?

I'm John Schatz, 19, from California (which I presume you all know is in the US).

I just started the hobby about two years ago when I found out there was a GW store near me. I ended up getting a job there after only being in the hobby for about a month and a half amazingly. I've collected about 3,000 pts of Dark Elves (there's more that is still unopened in my garage) and 3,000 pts of Dogs of War (again with more in the garage) and some boxes of Tzeentch Chaos stuff I've yet to open. And sadly I've yet to complete painting all of it. Mainly because I was busy painting 2,000 pts of Dwarfs, a ton of Wood Elves, and misc. 40k stuff for the shop.

And I found out about Druchii.net when two sotumers came into the store while I was working and told me about it. So I suppose they're around here somewhere, too.
Pecten kalderon
Slave on the Altar

Post by Pecten kalderon »

Hello.

I'm Marjolein Turin, 24 years of age. I have been an Asur member for a few years now and me and my uberfamous boyfriend Elias Kalderon(who has been lore overthere etc etc) are so active and popular that we can hardly show our faces anymore.

Ok, let's cut the bragging. I just joined 15 minutes ago on this very site, so I'm a newbie here.

I know WH only trough Elias. About a month ago I played my first battle -and won!-. I have no items myself, but if I have the money I want to start up a Tzeentch army, with maybe a few strange Slaanesh or Treemen crossovers. In our house are atm Brettonians, Druchii and Tomb king things.

Further(or should this only be about WH?)I have my own business in fashion design making both fashion and a collection for two gothicstores. I write a lot, draw a lot and play piano. Oh and I'm quite fond of the dark side of life of course !smile!
Hello bunch of evil spirits, thought it was time to join this site too:)
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Your name is known to me. Greetings, human worm baby! May your stay here be.... something. I dunno, whatever. Get into the chat anyway.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Banshee
Highborn
Location: I say go, she say yes, Dim the light, you can guess the rest!

Post by Banshee »

Lukas from Germany, built in 1977 (so now I'm 29 years old), living near Würzburg, Germany. Working for a small software buisiness as consultant and developer. I'm in WHFB for, hmmm...., not sure - 12-14 years now. Apart from the first two years I always played DE (but my army is far from fully painted - too much other stuff to do.). I'm married with first child on it's way. :D :P :o :lol:
Damnation wrote:And remember, every time you use excessive punctuation, a random brain lobe deactivates itself.
Cenyu wrote:Warhammer: Age of Reckoning: Introducing BOB ROSS as Malekith's new personal paint artist!
Victor simic
Highborn

Post by Victor simic »

G`day. I`m Vic. I use my real name online `cos I don`t care.
Go on. Steal my identity. You WILL regret it I assure you.

I`m definately among the dusty ancients on this excellent site. I just turned 40 the other month, and I can`t BELIEVE how amazingly articulate some of you babes in arms really are !

Some of you 16-25 year olds can really express youself well, and it`s a credit to you.

Here I was arrogantly thinking I was engaging in some superior highbrow debates with fellow geriatrics, and it turns out Druchii.net is a bloody nursery !

Anyway, I live in the best country in the world - Australia (well, one of the few where there isn`t war in the streets and it`s safe to take the kids to the park...so far), in the nations capital - Canberra. Alot of people in Australia put shiz on Canberra but that`s fine with me. It just means they`ll stay away and leave me to my paradise city.

15 minutes to the mountains and rivers, 1 1/2 hours to the beach, just over an hour to the ski fields, clean air, low crime rate, good entertainment, great 4x4 driving in the hills, AND the best little Warhammer club in the Southern Hemisphere - The Southside Hammers.

I work for the Government (which is nearly inevitable in Canberra), got a gorgeous missus and two fantastic daughters, two female dogs (I think the goldfish is a girl too), so I`m pretty well outnumbered.

Me and the lads get together once a month for club night, and sometimes sneak a few mid-week games in when possible.

I have been playing with toy soldiers since I was crawling and still love `em more than ever. Discovered WFB in 1986 which I think was 2nd Ed. (someone correct me if I`m wrong) when me and my mates were looking for a good set of Fantasy Wargame rules (which were seriously lacking in those dark times, when dice were made of stone).

I also love historical Wargaming - WWII, Ancients, Middle Ages, ACW, Napoleonic etc.etc.

I`ve got shiz loads of miniatures of all sizes and compositions built up over 30 odd years, but I have a special dark place in my heart for the Druchii. About 5000 points painted at last count in a mixed 4th, 5th and 6th Edition miniatures army. It looks and works quite well surprisingly.

And no, I am not an overweight, badly dressed, socially inept, one dimensional, lonely gaming freak. I have many interests, including playing in Punk/Rock/Metal/Funk crossover style bands for the last 20+ years; Keeping fit with swimming, skiing, four-wheel driving, reproducing, weights and aikido; moonlighting as a crowd controller(bouncer) in local clubs and bars; and generally enjoying life and my family.

It is possible.

Enough of my prattle. I go now to scourge my Asur slaves before tommorows battle, and may the Witch King aid me to bring my enemies to Khaines cold embrace.
Be happy, and ye shall be wise
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Gotta love the old reproducing. Or trying to anyway, again and again without success. Never give up though, it builds character! Or something....... *mutter*
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Vallorn deathblade
Noble

Post by Vallorn deathblade »

hi im Alex lorimer from the UK and ivfe only been playing druchii for a couple of months.
Last edited by Vallorn deathblade on Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belial. wrote:Fighting Eldacar over fluff is like fighting Socrates over philosophy...

Alkkrision wrote:-Alkkrision: Druchii.net's own source of bad ideas :).
Stretch_135
Warrior

Post by Stretch_135 »

Hi, I'm Adam and I'm not an alcoholic.

Been into WHFB for about two or three years playing Empire. Looking at starting to play DE in the future (probably when the new army book comes out). I'm an 18 year old student from Melbourne, Australia, and dislike Orcs & Goblins and High Eleves above all other races. :D
Thisisntnotjt
Cold One Knight

Post by Thisisntnotjt »

Jo Napot, I'm J.T. Grascek, born in Hungary, raised in the United States. I'm 20 years old now, been playing GW games for 10 years.

I've collected, painted and sold 5 FB armies, and 1 40k army. I've only been playing DE for about 3 months, still haven't started painting yet, though I have quite a few models, already (why on EARTH do I have 36 executioners?).

I started with Lizardmen, though, and I'll die with Lizardmen.
meh...
Jooj
Slave on the Altar

Post by Jooj »

First post!

Howdi, I'm Luke, I'm 22 and I'm from the fair land of Nottingham, England.

I first got into Warhammer at the age of about 14 when my friend introduced me to it and from the very beginning the Druchii have been my faves by far. Having said that, I don't even have a full Druchii army yet, though I do have some models obviously, along with some Chaos, Brettonians (ugh) and Lizardmen (yay).

I've only ever played half a game of Warhammer about five years ago with a friend and it ended in us nearly having a fight cos he was cheating, so that left a slightly bitter taste. But I'm hoping to get a proper game in once my army is ready.

I've also been busy at uni for the past 3 years so WH kind of got left behind, but I've recently got back into it and am painting some sweet corsairs at the mo and looking to have a full force at some point soon to whoop some ass with.

Let's all hope that if I do start posting regularly I won't make each post as tedious and boring as this one.

I'm out.
Kita
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kita »

Hello.

I'm David Lessing, 16 years old and comes from Västerås, Sweden and I have been playing and collecting warhammers for about 4-5 years. I have about 4k Lizardmen and 2k chaos mortal (Tzeentch and Khorne) :twisted: , 0,7k Empire :roll: and some orcs from the starter set.
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

well i'm Wouter van Arkel livin' in Ammerzoden, Holland.
damn i'm 23 allready, time flies when you party to hard for a couple of years, that probably why i'm still a student in my third year :)

got hooked on warhammer before me my mate even understood
the game properly,i think that is about 8 to 9 years ago.

got like 6000 pnts o druchii and just started a chaos army.
i'm more into the game then painting, because i just don't seem to find the time to do it the way i want. Social life alway's seems to get in the way.
Most of my army is painted though, not the way i see most of you guy's do it but it's got some colour.
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Metl-hedz-rule
Slave on the Altar

Post by Metl-hedz-rule »

Hey all,
I'm REALLY new.... I still haven't played a game yet! However, i do feel a certain closeness with the Druchii (which may be due to some time I spent in D&D)...Oh, and I'm from NY. The STATE not the CITY! I'm way up north near Canada...(Yes, there really IS a state called New York :x )
The last dark knight
Trainee Warrior

Post by The last dark knight »

Hey there, I'm Peter, currently living in Durham, UK.

I first started playing WH over 10 (!) years ago, but owing to having spent the last 5 years living in the middle of nowhere (i.e. Wales) I havent played in all that time. Now I'm back in a city, I thought I'd take up playing again, with a shiny new army to boot. Reading the Darkblade novels caught my interest in the Druchii, and the more background reading on them I did, the more I decided I would love to command my own army of the Dark Elves. Thus I became a servant of Malekith. :D

From my past exploits I have about 3k of Lizardmen and 2k of empire, as well as assorted armies from WH40k, Mordeheim, Inquisitor and BF Gothic.

I enjoy painting and gaming in equal measure, I'm currently trying to find time in my chaotic student schedule to paint up 1500 points for a campaign this January, here's hoping it works out well.
Might controls everything, and without it, you cannot protect anything, not even yourself.
Harabec
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Harabec »

Well Seeing as this seems to have been revived a bit and I have never posted, here I am:
I'm Ben, living in Belleville, Ontario. Currently 20 years old and been playing since about the 10th grade so about 5 years now. My personal armies arew DE, TK and Tau, but I have played a game or two with mostly every army just for the heck of it.

I am finshed school (for the moment at least), and hoping to get a fulltime job as an urban firefighter, but currently I am working internet support. I can paint a fair quality army, but not likely to win any prizes. I am in it more for playing the game though, wargames are just my thing all-round.
Seleth
Executioner

Post by Seleth »

Hi my name is Bruno, i am 20 years old and have more less 6 years plating dark elves.
Follow only the true path:
The one of Anaerion the Defender.
The one of Malekith the Conqueror.
Lord fear
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord fear »

Yo. my name is Thomas. I live in Sacramento, California, though I moved over here from France some 6 years ago. I'm currently 17 years old.

I've been playing Fantasy for about 2 years, with TK's and now DE's. I played Black Templar for 3 before that.

Cheerz to all.
I will kill you until you die from it.
Kensou
Black Guard

Post by Kensou »

I'm just some goof by the name of Joslin van den Besselaar (yeah I know it's hard to pronounce ^^), I'm from Holland. And I made the right decision a few months back when I started playing DE

P.S. I'm 16
Name: Ignat (Group 39)
Class: Mage
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Staff, Short Sword, Robe.
Skills: Power of Aqshy(1), Defensive Fighting.
Inventory: Pendant