Nid army up for view! (please rate!)

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Decheran
Evil Henchman

Post by Decheran »

From what i hear, unless you take gaunts in huge numbers, your better off not taking them at all. so i would try to kome up with an addition 160 to upgrade one of em to 32, but id say its prefered to upgrade both. also it would be good to make the stealers 12 because they will get lots of firepoer thrown at them. and about the warriors, you have alot of points put into there, but one krak missle and one is intakilled. I could probably instakill that entire unit with one battle cannon shot, so id get rid of them and get more gaunts and stealers. however, i don't play nids, i play guard
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
-Carl Sagan
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

illegal army list.

you must also tell us the whole nid list you have created for your army. otherwise we do not know how many spicies you have and sicne that is a basis for the number of mutants you must tell it.

but to the list itself i wouldnt really use the make your own list if you ar enot good with nids. you have fallen in the trap to make gaunts expensive. you need a horde of gaunts nto a few tough ones. the nid army is the classic horde army and without large numbers you will struggle

you have 62 models. a standard IG army would be twice that and then tanks.. he would shoot you to heck fast
Vraneththecruel
Noble

Post by Vraneththecruel »

I hate the names.
My avatar is kind of hypocritical isnt it?
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

you still havent written down the complete fleet list that you choose units from! you MUST do that!

i will say again, if yoiu are new pick from the standard list, it is much easier. but this list looks better
Vraneththecruel
Noble

No Fake a.k.a Zhakor wrote:Well, heres the list redone (and Vraneth, next time, try something constructive like suggesting replacement names, please)
It was constructive! It would be better with different names. krak is a kind of Imperial explosive. not much relevence to tyranids. and since the imperium speaks a mix of greek and latin, and "hydro" is greek for "water" that dosent make since either. go for something like sperno(scorn), ungula(claw), or horrificus(fear). just trying to help.
Last edited by Vraneththecruel on Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vraneththecruel
Noble

no problem. sorry bout my first message. and Im taking latin, so if u want any other translations, just PM me (dont know any greek though).
Powerfulfawn
Cold One Knight

Post by Powerfulfawn »

you want more beasties and less upgrades
esp. more gaunts
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

well one tip:

less upgrades mroe troops :)

and the old booring: illegal army.

when you make your hive fleet list from where you pick your units you do not mention mutants there and you mnust pick from each category. you havent picked any fast attack
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

ahh yes i missed those. bad me!!!

oh and you aksed if it is legal to change wings to many legs etc..

well as long as you inform your opponent then i should say so. the count as rule is poretty flexible. just make sure it is very obvious who has what