I Am Iron Man

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Roman v. numeral
Shade

Post by Roman v. numeral »

Holy crab! Iron Man was Great! I'm not a big fan of the comics, or of many comics in general, but this movie blew my socks off!
Before I went, I was thinking that the hype for the movie was pretty good and the few trailers I had seen looked cool, but I was still totally prepared for the stunning level of suck that most superhero movies have somehow managed to attain lately.
Iron Man however, was something that I wasn't prepared for. This movie has turned Iron Man into a movie icon for me. I'll say right now that it is just as good (but with a different style and intent) as the first Batman (Keaton/Nicholas)! To me Batman is the superhero movie I hold as the closest thing to perfection a movie based on a comic can get.
That said, it isn't without it's quirks and annoyances. Iron Man isn't a cinematic masterpeice, it'll never be praised as a genre and time defying work of genius, but still it provides moments that have managed to stick in my head for a week now and make me grin every time I think of them. Iron Man is the way summer blockbuster movies should be made.
Group 25!

Name: Cenar Stoneburn
Class: Warrior
Stats: WS:4, S:5, T:4, D:3, I:2
Equipment: Long sword, shield, light armour
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I found it funny that they had an add for the new batman movie (DC) before the iron man movie (MARVEL). Yay Irony.... man

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

I saw it a week and a half after it's release and enjoyed it thourohgly. Right now, it makes you wonder how "THe Increadable hulk will fair (Allthough, it's got Ed Norton and Liz Tayler in it, so it has to be decent.)