Legacy of Kain series discussion

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Legacy of Kain series discussion

Post by Kinslayer »

Since these have been my long time favorite games to play i decided to create a discussion on the series of now 5 games and see if anyone else has the same enthusiasm i have over the games and the storyline to back them. In my opinion its a very good story and thats what keeps the games together. Its a bit like tomb raider but with a backbone linking all the games, and since its like a movie you want to play/see the next installment to find out what comes next.

Well so far the games are LoK: Blood Omen, LoK: Soul Reaver, LoK: Blood Omen 2, LoK: Soul Reaver 2 and LoK: Defiance. I am hoping to see the 6th game especially as a lot of the story came to a close at the end of defiance while still leaving me quite a bit wanting. Raziel has entered the Reaver and become Kains right hand and holy weapon instead of his arch nemesis, and the reaver hs his funky eyes now too!

I cant wait til i am Kain once more slashing around with the Raziel-eyed-reaver
Skaris
Dark Rider

Post by Skaris »

I too absolutly love these games. I did hear some bad news that they were'nt making any more, as the guy that did the voice for the Elder God had died and the team had gone off to different projects. Hopefully you've heard different.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Nope, not heard anything but i did know about the eldar god voiceover (Ian i think it was) unfortunately dying. I still hope the series has more games, even if its just one conclusive game.
Maeth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Maeth »

Well I've got LoK 1 + 2 and Soul Reaver 1 + 2, haven't finished any of them. In fact I dont think I even played Soul Reaver 2, then I again I dont suppose I wanted to if I couldnt know the story before.
I remember getting solidly stuck on Blood Omen and Soul Reaver, but I remember getting quite far on Blood Omen 2.
Kain was my fave, I think my favourite thing about them was the way you viewed the 2 main characters from different perspectives, Kain is good then suddenly bad.
I think Soul Reaver was my favourite (though I didnt know what was goin on :D )
Pain is temprorary, Pride is forever
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

i certainly recommend you pick up defiance, you switch between Khaine and Raziel on each level, and the gameplay is a lot better than any of the previous games. The complicated side of things is toned down a bit, ive completed it once almost twice now without using helps and walkthroughs.
Lord_jimmy_
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord_jimmy_ »

I enjoyed the storyline very much, however I felt the gameplay was lacking, especially in Defiance. It was very repetitive. Find this orb, make your blade dark, change the orbs to dark, do a lot of jumping across stuff. Same level, different look, over and over. Found it boring. The only thing keeping me playing was the story, which is impressive.

It started off promising with Soul Reaver and Blood Omen, but in the end it seemed to lack depth and ingenuity.
People say I'm cocky, I say it's because they know I'm the best.

GrogsnotPowwabomba wrote:Ok, I agree with Lord_Jimmy here.