The Situation of Druchii.net - Admin's Response 08/11/28

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

I'd love to just ignore this whole thing, but at this point I just need to throw in my $.02

Whenever there is a problem- spam, threadomancy, flaming, bad grammar, whatever, I have always made sure to take the extra time to write out a full explanation to the problem poster detailing my actions and my reasons for them. If someone breaks a rule in the forums I moderate, I correct it. Also, the rules are prominently displayed in said forums so there isn't any confusion. I don't make up the rules whenever I feel like it and I don't push newbies around for fun. In fact, I usually just hang back, read the discussions, and step in only when absolutely necessary. Oh, and I'm also a fan of giving posters constructive nudges in the right direction before I actually discipline them (something Belial tried to do).

My behavior is pretty typical. None of the mods here enjoy pushing people around and we're always as discrete as possible, using public punishments only as a last resort. However, we're all human. I'm glad that Leth was able to come to an understanding with Belial (who, by the way, I think handled the whole situation as fairly as possible).

My point is that this whole thing bugs me a little. Not much, this is only the internet after all and I've got real problems to deal with, but the other mods and I sacrifice time from our day every day to insure that posters here have a friendly atmosphere in which to discuss aspects of the Warhammer hobby.

I'm not taking sides, I just felt that I needed to let everyone know how we try to do our jobs.

One thing I learned from this thread is that many of the mods are really cool guys who have astonishing skills in avoiding flamings.

Whether the old "big brother" people like you or not, I think you're doing OK.

I appreciate that
:)
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
tmr
Executioner

Post by tmr »

As do I... get over it... lets move on. I vote to shut this thread down and move on to important things like how to deal with salamanders.

If you don't like it here vote with your feet and really leave or contribute.

The revolution fail - the mod/admins are dead, live the mod/admins!!

signing off...

tom

Fingol Darkwater wrote:I'd love to just ignore this whole thing, but at this point I just need to throw in my $.02

Whenever there is a problem- spam, threadomancy, flaming, bad grammar, whatever, I have always made sure to take the extra time to write out a full explanation to the problem poster detailing my actions and my reasons for them. If someone breaks a rule in the forums I moderate, I correct it. Also, the rules are prominently displayed in said forums so there isn't any confusion. I don't make up the rules whenever I feel like it and I don't push newbies around for fun. In fact, I usually just hang back, read the discussions, and step in only when absolutely necessary. Oh, and I'm also a fan of giving posters constructive nudges in the right direction before I actually discipline them (something Belial tried to do).

My behavior is pretty typical. None of the mods here enjoy pushing people around and we're always as discrete as possible, using public punishments only as a last resort. However, we're all human. I'm glad that Leth was able to come to an understanding with Belial (who, by the way, I think handled the whole situation as fairly as possible).

My point is that this whole thing bugs me a little. Not much, this is only the internet after all and I've got real problems to deal with, but the other mods and I sacrifice time from our day every day to insure that posters here have a friendly atmosphere in which to discuss aspects of the Warhammer hobby.

I'm not taking sides, I just felt that I needed to let everyone know how we try to do our jobs.

One thing I learned from this thread is that many of the mods are really cool guys who have astonishing skills in avoiding flamings.

Whether the old "big brother" people like you or not, I think you're doing OK.

I appreciate that
:)
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Oh, and I'm also a fan of giving posters constructive nudges in the right direction before I actually discipline them (something Belial tried to do).

I was pleased to hear that Belial has also started to subject mods who have been trolling and flaming in this thread (personally I think they crossed the line harder than we did, but hey). While belated it is no less appreciated.

The revolution fail

We never claimed to want to start a revolution. Damnation (or Gnosis for the young 'uns :P) started saying this, putting words in our mouth et cetera. We also didn't intend to make personal attacks on the mods and personally, I'd have known how much ignorant attention this thread would lure then yeah, I for one would have considered urging Nagathi to keep things private. It is a pity then that we remembered D.net as a site with largely positive feedback and constructive criticism.

Now as miscommunication, misunderstandings and trolling ruled this topic, we think it's been enough. Andruillius has received a (late) apology(ish) of Rork, Nagathi and I have sorted things out with Belial. In the end, those who have crossed the line have been sorted out or will be - as far as I am concerned, these loose ends are tied up.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

OK. All sides seem to be in agreement that this matter has now come to a conclusion. Consequently I am closing it off now.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Lethalis wrote: I'd have known how much ignorant attention this thread would lure then yeah, I for one would have considered urging Nagathi to keep things private.

That would have been the right thing, and the smart thing to do.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

langmann wrote:
Lethalis wrote: I'd have known how much ignorant attention this thread would lure then yeah, I for one would have considered urging Nagathi to keep things private.

That would have been the right thing, and the smart thing to do.

I agree with Langman's sentiments exactly.