You know you play too much warhammer when...

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Carpet
Warrior

Post by Carpet »

When the first thing you do after coming back from holiday is admire the sorcerer conversion you made before going away

OR

When youre watching Metallica and thinking of the colour scheme for your DE
Let this colony know in the name of the dead we're coming
Irtehdar
Assassin

Post by Irtehdar »

You know the M, S, T, W, US and Impact Hits of your special car. And your angry you can no longer get 2 for 1.
Daddy! I sorta kinda had an accident... I was playing with my slave and it sorta... Umm... It's arm fell off!
*sobs*

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"

Any idiot can measure strenght. Against properly played MSU you must measure something you cannot see.
Fireball
Trainee Warrior

Post by Fireball »

You give your army a theme song...
Assassinlord
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Assassinlord »

you realize that you ARE Malekith's heir.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

GENERATION 6: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Brokenstone wrote:You watch fantasy/science fiction and consider the statistics and characteristics of the people/creatures on screen.

The sad thing is I actually do that....

You know you play too much Warhammer when the moment you wake up you are trying to make the perfect DeathStar.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

... when you find yourself searching for accessories that are "more Dark Elven" to go on a night out.

... when your idea of a perfect way to celebrate getting a new job is to buy a box of those lovely new Corsair models. And then you show all your friends said models, who give them due attention.

... when you know that this is also your reward for a good dental checkup.

... your friend asks you if you want to join a fantasy RP. You agree if you can be an Elf who dresses in dark colours, takes a *cough* 'relaxed' approach to violence, poisons and sudden death, and has a lizard to ride. He says yes.

... when you wonder about Dark Elf decor. And then realise that you already have a lot of black, purple, and a skull by the bed.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Irtehdar
Assassin

Post by Irtehdar »

... you eat off the floor because the dining able have been permanently converted into a gaming table.

... you refuse to play WoC. Not because you dislike the models/army/fluff/etc. But because you dont have a suitable costume.

... you called in sick because your too tired as a result of staying up all night building terrain.
Daddy! I sorta kinda had an accident... I was playing with my slave and it sorta... Umm... It's arm fell off!
*sobs*

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"

Any idiot can measure strenght. Against properly played MSU you must measure something you cannot see.
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

... when each of your models has a name.
And the server wrote:Internal Server Error
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

...you consider replacing your car with a chariot with scythed wheels.

...you attach scythes to the wheels of your car because you can't find dinosaurs to pull your chariot.
Assassinlord
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Assassinlord »

you will only play D&D as a drow rouge with I 10
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

GENERATION 6: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.
R3flexx
Warrior

Post by R3flexx »

You start thinking you play warhammer too much...
Wins - 7
Losses - 0
Draws - 0
Thanatoz
Noble

Post by Thanatoz »

...you are looking at naked ladies on the Internetz only to think "hmm, that colour scheme would greatly benefit my harpies" :roll:
Lars
Warrior
Location: Either Pistoia (Middle Italy), Cuneo (Northen Italy) or Berlin (Germany)

Post by Lars »

You know you play too much Warhammer when...
... your mother-in-law is yelling to you and you only think "where's my Soulrender?"
... you conquered a quarter of the office, thinking this worth 100 VPs.
... you go in a pet shop, looking for an Hydra cub.
... you recognise the champion, the standard bearer and the musician in your working team.
... you give the goodnight kiss to your wife, your son, your daughter and your War Hydra.

Some of this real happened.
Luca "Lars" Girolami

Mr. Anderson wrote:
Currently an ultramanuverable ginline
What... so they're drunk all day long?
Yemeth
Shade

Post by Yemeth »

You defeated him in a fight by just standing there with your incredibly high SCR.
You are afraid of spiders but do not leave the room when you see one since they have lower unit strength.
Your walking pace is halved when there are people nearby.
If your boss (for some peculiar reason) carries a flag he is no longer the head of the company.
You call beauty parlors cauldron of blood and smirk for yourself.
Last edited by Yemeth on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odi ergo sum - Druchii's illumination

DE noble is talking to a HE prisoner

DE: 'Do you know the difference between you and me?'

HE: 'Hmmmmmgh'

DE: 'That's right, I've still got my tounge.' - Anon
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

You play too much warhammer when as you walk past a tree (or a big rock) you are dead certain that if you drybrushed it, it'd look more realistic.

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

... When you try gut barging your friends for "fun competition"
... When you stat all of your firends and have an arena of death tournament
... When you create a dance called "the warhammer" and use it at clubs (seriously, I'll tape it and show you guys sometime)

... When you join a warhammer forum to talk to other warhammer players because you aren't at the shop to talk to the warhammer players there :P

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

... When your girlfriend comes over and the first thing you say is, "Look is it just me or do you think this needs another highlight?"
... When you'd rather paint a Zombie Horde or Spearelves over spending time with said girlfriend.
... When your proud to spend $85 on a ruleback.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

... When your girlfriend comes over and the first thing you say is, "Look is it just me or do you think this needs another highlight?"
... When you'd rather paint a Zombie Horde or Spearelves over spending time with said girlfriend.

o_O No, thats not just too much warhammer. That's the point where you should consider taking all your minis and throwing them into a deep, deep lake. Preferably one with Piranhas in it. And every time you feel like going and buying another model from a GW shop, you burn the money instead. Only cure, honest ;)

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

T'Keela wrote:... When your girlfriend comes over and the first thing you say is, "Look is it just me or do you think this needs another highlight?"

I think a better one is:

...When you finally convince your girlfriend to try a game, and can't understand why she hates it.
-OR-
... When you finally convince your girlfriend to play, and she actually starts an army

Yeah... after 4 years I'm still working on that secondbit... Got her to try Space Hulk and Chaos in the Oldworld though.

Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Yemeth
Shade

Post by Yemeth »

Your girlfriend is stronger than you, she runs faster and drives pretty damn good (in contrast to you).
Then she defeated you in Warhammer.. your manhood is lost!
Odi ergo sum - Druchii's illumination

DE noble is talking to a HE prisoner

DE: 'Do you know the difference between you and me?'

HE: 'Hmmmmmgh'

DE: 'That's right, I've still got my tounge.' - Anon
Gnomesbane
Slave on the Altar

Post by Gnomesbane »

When you pivot in order to see someone standing 50 degrees to the side of you.
Save a cow, eat a gnome.
Ensis ferrae
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Ensis ferrae »

when you convince your wife or significant other to let you buy more minis on the premise that they are "D&D miniatures to help [their] D&D games get better"

(sadly, my D&D gamer wife didnt go for this, but in a few years, i might try using my "daughter's army" as an excuse)
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Ensis Ferrae wrote:when you convince your wife or significant other to let you buy more minis on the premise that they are "D&D miniatures to help [their] D&D games get better"

(sadly, my D&D gamer wife didnt go for this, but in a few years, i might try using my "daughter's army" as an excuse)

When I first started dating my girlfriend four years ago, she said: "Well warhammer is nerdy, but at least it's not as bad as D&D. If you ever play that, you might be too nerdy for me."
She currently is a D&D fanatic... but still wont touch warhammer.

Manathanos stormblade
Slave on the Altar

Post by Manathanos stormblade »

Mr. Anderson wrote:

o_O No, thats not just too much warhammer. That's the point where you should consider taking all your minis and throwing them into a deep, deep lake. Preferably one with Piranhas in it. And every time you feel like going and buying another model from a GW shop, you burn the money instead. Only cure, honest ;)

HUZZAH!

...When the word "piranha" makes you think Tau skimmers
...When you associate different animal names with tanks and monsters
...Think that you should lose some weight so that you would look more like an elf.
...Like only kinky, black-haired, pale skinned and thin women with preferably funny ears.
...When you start to think that a regular hammer is too weak compared to Khal Maraz
...When you laugh at jokes about Warhammer
...when you think everything as a hand weapon

Guess which ones I'm guilty of.
The shadow king
Executioner

Post by The shadow king »

Crawd wrote:... when each of your models has a name.

Guilty

I even name the minis I don't have
Role-Playing Group 30
Helkor Makolus, Warrior.
WS 4, S4, T4, D3, I3. Gear: Cloak, Longsword, Light Armour, Shield, 4GC, Bastard Sword