You know you play too much warhammer when...

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Hainzy
Dark Rider

Post by Hainzy »

When before going to sleep every night you sit and admire your Dark Elf army with nothing but the red light cast by your lava lamp plotting, scheming and offering your soul up khaine.
Ahh, quality time.

Cheers!
H :twisted:
You can take your vamp lord on zombie dragon, 48 graveguard, blackcoach, 3 wraiths, 2 units of dogs and your 3 units of 10 piddly zombies and shove them up your f&$%ing a$$.....

Worst game of warhammer I've ever played.....

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

When thinking about the major food groups, what should automatically pop into your mind but "well, bread is the gift of Isha".
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Linkinhearts666
Dark Rider

Post by Linkinhearts666 »

hainzy wrote:When before going to sleep every night you sit and admire your Dark Elf army with nothing but the red light cast by your lava lamp plotting, scheming and offering your soul up khaine.
Ahh, quality time.

Cheers!
H :twisted:

GUILTY

You know you play/live/breathe too much warhammer when:

-Instead of saying "pass the salt" you say "pass the powdered skull"

-your boyfriend (or significant other) who got you into the hobby a year ago is now completely dumbfounded and outmatched by your superior knowledge. particuarly if your a girl :P

-your idea of a great way to spend your anniversary is to actually sit at home and paint =D

/sigh. so glad I broke up with him. Now I dont even have to wait for anniversaries anymore ^____^
Ayxxia the Shade is hiding in the shadows and waiting to attack...

Best way to get rid of a treeman is wait until the owner has it on the table in front of him and then kick him very hard in the groin from behind. When he doubles up and smacks his face intoit, he should wreck the treeman and it will teach the little bastard not to run a treeman at 750

Its the Druchii way of gaming!
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Bahahha.

You know you play too much warhammer when you're significant other who doesn't play says, "I had a dream about playing a game of warhammer the other day."

P.S. Brisbane is sooooooooo much better than Adelaide.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Linkinhearts666
Dark Rider

T'Keela wrote:Bahahha.

You know you play too much warhammer when you're significant other who doesn't play says, "I had a dream about playing a game of warhammer the other day."

P.S. Brisbane is sooooooooo much better than Adelaide.

NAHUH! Adelaide rocks it fer real :P. Its cos Im here and... welll its colder so Druchii thrive better ^___^

You know you play too much warhammer when you claim that your hometown is better than somebody elses because Dark Elves would survive their more comfortably =DD

Best way to get rid of a treeman is wait until the owner has it on the table in front of him and then kick him very hard in the groin from behind. When he doubles up and smacks his face intoit, he should wreck the treeman and it will teach the little bastard not to run a treeman at 750

Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Im pretty sure Melbourne is better than Brisbane and Adelaide... :D :D
Linkinhearts666
Dark Rider

MAYBE! But as I stated, its colder here so we Druchii thriveee. More Cold Ones and Hydras :P And believe me theres plenny of witch elves floatin about as well

Farodin
Assassin

Post by Farodin »

Linkinhearts666 wrote: And believe me theres plenny of witch elves floatin about as well

I believe it is time for me to move to Adelaide :D xD.

You also know that you play to much warhammer when you want to take horseriding lessons so you can put on that chaos knight suit and stalk the woods trying to scare old people by charging them :P (that was told to me by my WH buddy :shock: lol).
... when you try to solve discussions with your parents by rolling a D6.
... when you say : "you can only hit me on 5's!" Right before someone hits you in your face..

-Farodin
We are Druchii, the cold-hearted blades of destiny.
We shall cut through the world and bring forth Khaine's Kingdom...
...and all shall know their masters
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The proof that I play too much WH is made now that I realize that WE no longer means Week End to me.
Can't imagine how it would be if I owned at least one Witch Elve unit...

As a matter of fact,

what did I do during the last 12 months? :?

played ~30 games of WHB,
went 'bout 12 times to WH local shop,
bought 20 boxes or so,
painted around 50 models,
created the fluff for my models with extensive search in the Internet,
wrote some dozen of elaborated articles for the D.R.A.I.C.H.,
wrote 700 posts approx,
and edited the same amount,
welcomed many newbies,
read many, many more posts,

...and what?
What did I do else during the 52 Week Ends and many more evenings?
I just wasted my time. :cry:
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Sarubel
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sarubel »

When you wish you could use a raider or cold one instead of driving a normal car to work.
Death is my meat; terror, my wine.
Dreadlordhauclir
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Dreadlordhauclir »

You know you play too much warhammer when you convince an ex (who you're still on good terms with) that "Blood for the Blood Drive" is a good slogan for the annual school blood drive...

Its true....sad, but true

Didn't get my wife into WH...she IS currently painting 30+ halflings for LoTR...so...Partial success, I guess?
Thenick18
Assassin

Post by Thenick18 »

...when you copy and paste these saying in an email to a fellow warhammer player
Linkinhearts666
Dark Rider

...when you copy and paste these saying in an email to a fellow warhammer player

haha now THATS CRICKET!

you know you play too much warhammer when somebody asks you to describe something to them, you use the names of citadel paints to explain the colouration

Kurl-soulrender
Black Guard

Post by Kurl-soulrender »

you know you play too much warhammer when somebody asks you to describe something to them, you use the names of citadel paints to explain the colouration

-Haha, nice one.

You know you play too much warhammer, when you trip and fall, and screams! NOO my brand new paint job will crack off!

You know you play too much warhammer, when your friend (who stands behind you) shouts, ''hey look'' and you answer: ''Cant turn/pivot damnit, used all my movement this turn!''
-JK.
Goblin stalker
Warrior

Post by Goblin stalker »

... when you put off studying for tomorrow's final by spending hours on a warhammer forum

.... when the only complaint from your fiance about the models covering the table is that you didn't leave room for hers
Empty mind
tormented mind
whiplash from my thoughts
the crowded vacancy explodes
Yemeth
Shade

Post by Yemeth »

when 'you're stubborn!' becomes a compliment.
Odi ergo sum - Druchii's illumination

DE noble is talking to a HE prisoner

DE: 'Do you know the difference between you and me?'

HE: 'Hmmmmmgh'

DE: 'That's right, I've still got my tounge.' - Anon
Kurl-soulrender
Black Guard

Post by Kurl-soulrender »

When someone says to you: ''Your stupidity knows no limits!'' and your correct it with: ''Actually it does, i did not roll over 8 this time on my dices''?
-JK.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

- when you step out into an unexpectedly foggy street, and your automatic thought is 'Damn, forgot my nightmask'.

- when you are about to extol the virtues of cider from the well-known French region of Brettonnia ... just in time you remember it's not called that in real life.

- when you arrange for - and get - time off work to play Warhammer. I have to admit, I'm pretty pleased with that one :D But yes ... maybe a tad too much.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Tzelok
Beastmaster

Post by Tzelok »

Syjahel wrote:
- when you arrange for - and get - time off work to play Warhammer. I have to admit, I'm pretty pleased with that one :D But yes ... maybe a tad too much.

HAHAHAHA I took this upcoming week off to paint some of my units and get a few games in too. I usually work fulltime and go to school fulltime, so it seemed to me I had no other option. Also:

-When you're at work and spend more time on Druchii.net than returning your emails....
Army Plog Below:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=63015

Scratch Built Druchii Tower:
http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=67976&highlight=

The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Okay, so I had to get a blood test today, and I hate needles....
Lets just say when I woke up on the clinic floor I said: "Damn, failed my terror check."

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Vaari
Black Guard

Post by Vaari »

- when your GF asks you "are you going to miss me?" since your going up to visit the folks for a week during the semester break and you reply " Nah, I'll be fine, I have like 30 or so warriors I need to convert to RxB's and dad has ample amounts of gesso and brake fluid". Then upon seeing the raised eyebrow, you realise you failed your stupidity check, but she passed her restrain frenzy check so everything will be ok..(she has high Ld)
Group 28
Name - Seijl Illydrien Class- Shade
Character Stats
- WS 6 - - S 3 - - T 3 - - D 4 - - I 4 -
Equipment
MC Light Armour, MC Buckler, MC Longsword,, Repeater Crossbow, Dagger w/ UC, Dagger w/ DV Shade Cloak. Field Kit (Healing x3), Vials of Unseen Chains (x3 uses) , Vials of Dark Venom (x4 uses) , Lamia Fang, Harpy Claws
Circlets : 260, , Emerald Eye (200Circ.) Rations: 10/10 Bolts: 16/20 , Null Stone
Skills
Basic Stealth - Heal
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Vaari wrote:- when your GF asks you "are you going to miss me?" since your going up to visit the folks for a week during the semester break and you reply " Nah, I'll be fine, I have like 30 or so warriors I need to convert to RxB's and dad has ample amounts of gesso and brake fluid". Then upon seeing the raised eyebrow, you realise you failed your stupidity check, but she passed her restrain frenzy check so everything will be ok..(she has high Ld)

Wheres that "like" button? :D
Masterofdarkness
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Masterofdarkness »

When either your toast at your wedding, your eulogy or a speech in your honor contain references to past warhammer victories

When your tombstone has your win - tie - loss record

When you spend 3 hours driving around to find the model stripping agent to safely(for your models) take the paint off only to realize you forgot to pick up the food you initially left your house for.
Always look for the knife from the shadows.

Wait a minute, how do you hide a +2 flaming longsword in the shadows?
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

When you realise that you know the histories of Brettonia and the Empire better than those of France and Germany.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Desmodeus
Executioner

Post by Desmodeus »

- When the neds in your old highschool called you a 'goff' (neds can't seem the pronounce 'th' sounds) you pointed out you weren't big and green...

- Your girlfriend not only laughed, but adopted this comeback herself...

- Her friend understood the refference and informed her she was spending too much time with you.

May I also point out, all of these are true? :P
Anast: Ws4 S3 T3 D4 I4 0G
Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, lock-picks, choke-wire
Skills: Basic Stealth, Wilderness Lore