the new warhammer app

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

the new warhammer app

Post by CitizenKhaine »

Has any tried this? Once again games workshop has released an iPhone only product despite Apple only having about a 30% market share. Why? I emailed them months ago to say make it android also and I will buy stuff but got no response. Has anyone else tried to talk to them?
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

Visit the Citizens of Khaine http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75270
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: the new warhammer app

Post by Daeron »

According to my data iOS makes up 44% and Android 46%. But keep in kind there is not one Android version... There is a more disparate use of Android versions compared to iOS. So it could have been more cost effective.

However, there is also another take on it. GW has both iOS products and non iOS sales. It could be their sales point out iOS is far more popular among their clients.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Although Android has a higher overall market share, a lot of that is in low-end phones (translate -- people who don't spend much money and who therefore aren't in GW's target demographic).
Truly These are the End Times ...
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

GW......Over priced, secretive, arrogant, and with new products that bend if you apply sufficient pressure
Apple...Over priced, secretive, arrogant, and with new products that bend if you apply sufficient pressure

Seems like a match made in heaven to me.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Malys the younger
Beastmaster

Post by Malys the younger »

Red... wrote:GW......Over priced, secretive, arrogant, and with new products that bend if you apply sufficient pressure
Apple...Over priced, secretive, arrogant, and with new products that bend if you apply sufficient pressure

Seems like a match made in heaven to me.

Touche', well played!

The Grim Host of Malys the Younger: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75760

Overall W/D/L: 5/0/3
vs Empire: 1/0/0
vs Wood Elves: 2/0/2
vs Beastmen: 2/0/0
vs Vampire Counts: 0/0/1
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

Thanks Red, that explains it perfectly 8)
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

Visit the Citizens of Khaine http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75270