Ulthuan back up

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ricold
Dark Rider

Ulthuan back up

Post by Ricold »

As Ulthuan's main domain is currently down due to main server issues, I'm wandering around the forums letting everyone know where we have gone.

We've successfully moved to our new server, but only on a temporary address for the time being. Also no library, and everyone will have to get use to the new theme. It's a variation on the default one, with a little extra present for our users, I've re-implemented the custom icons we lost over a year ago.

Not much, but it's working, and it's home: http://45.40.135.47/~ulthuan/forum
Ricold
Ulthuan Admin and owner
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: Ulthuan back up

Post by T.D. »

Thx for the update :)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Thanks for the update indeed, and good luck with the rest of the migration work!
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

I do wonder what the future will hold for the three elven forums with a seeming complete rewrite in the works. Will Druchii, Asrai and Ulthuan still all be here in a year or two?
For us, there is no longer the druchii, the asur and the asrai; now there are only the Asdra; The Laughing Ones.

For us The Season of Doom is ended, now The Season of Opportunity is begun.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Makiwara wrote:I do wonder what the future will hold for the three elven forums with a seeming complete rewrite in the works. Will Druchii, Asrai and Ulthuan still all be here in a year or two?

Well the answer to that will become more apparent when we know what GW has planned for the Elves. :)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Ulthuan back up, and future Elven websites

Post by Calisson »

Makiwara wrote:I do wonder what the future will hold for the three elven forums with a seeming complete rewrite in the works. Will Druchii, Asrai and Ulthuan still all be here in a year or two?
This is an excellent question.

Rumors about 9th edition skirmish game tell about an elven realm named Inneadim, aside from the main world. A united race of Elves is masters of dreams - these would include nightmares and LSD-inspired dreams ;). Three Elves from present setting, one from each faction, have become Incarnates and have accessed to God status in the future universe.
Other rumors tell that besides the skirmish game, 8th setting and End Times might remain for larger games. Other rumors say that larger games will be in the new setting; 8th universe or ET setting would not be supported anymore by GW, leaving only old timers to play them as long as they wish, in dwindling numbers.
11!th of July would see the release of the skirmish game only, rules and potential settings for larger games would be delayed a couple of months.

These rumours leave open the opportunity to have
- 0 dedicated website (no need for specialized tactical discussions, as there would be no Elven army but only Elven units part of cosmopolitan Good or Chaos factions),
- 1 dedicated website (Inneadim for fluff discussions, possibly with three sub-realms),
- 3 dedicated websites (as present),
- 4 dedicated websites (three present ones plus Inneadim).

The most logical succession in time would be:
3 at present => 4 in short term => 1 in long term => 0 ultimately.
The stake is how to organize this succession according to general wish as much as possible.

On a technical view, Asrai.org, Ulthuan.net and Druchii.net run on the same platform. A potential Inneadim website would likely use the same platform. Future migration of the content of the present three platforms into the single new one seems technically feasible and could be postponed to as late as wished.

Remain to see what would be the general wish of the three communities of fans and of their moderator team. This is the discussion I'm most interested with.

If this discussion is to be developed, a separate thread could be appropriate, or even a dedicated forum, open to fans or mods from the three websites for discussions on future common developments.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Ricold
Dark Rider

Re: Ulthuan back up, and future Elven websites

Post by Ricold »

Calisson wrote:If this discussion is to be developed, a separate thread could be appropriate, or even a dedicated forum, open to fans or mods from the three websites for discussions on future common developments.

If this does happen, could someone give me a prod, it's right up my area of expertise
Ricold
Ulthuan Admin and owner
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Hey Ricold. The server seems down. Ulthuan seems to redirect to your link.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Ricold
Dark Rider

Post by Ricold »

Yeah, I keep breaking it. I'm attempting to work on the problem
Ricold
Ulthuan Admin and owner
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Calisson wrote:The most logical succession in time would be:
3 at present => 4 in short term => 1 in long term => 0 ultimately.

Wait, the first three seemed logical, but the last one seems to come from nowhere! Have I missed something, or are you talking about zero in the sense that eventually the universe and all things in it will come to an end, a long long long way off?
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

Chaos always wins in the end bro, hence 0.
For us, there is no longer the druchii, the asur and the asrai; now there are only the Asdra; The Laughing Ones.

For us The Season of Doom is ended, now The Season of Opportunity is begun.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

On a long enough timeline, the survival chances for everyone becomes 0. :P

- The stiff breeze