Help wanted: we need animators

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Help wanted: we need animators

Post by Calisson »

We need 6 1 animators for the following:
:D - Painting and Modelling => Cultofkhaine
:D - Age of Sigmar discussions => Shadowspite
:D - The 9th Age => Calisson
:D - WarHammer 8th and variants => Daeron
:arrow: - Kings of War
:D - FaceBook => Aicanor

The task of the animators is to be passionate about their topic and... animate it, creating new discussions, replying to old ones.
They should cover all Elves, with special love for the darkest ones and the tree-huggers, and potentially for the haughty ones in a distant future.
Their secondary task is to be moderator, but that should not take much.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Re: Help wanted: we need animators

Post by cultofkhaine »

I'm happy to put my hand up for P&M
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

I will take AoS. I am still dealing with some fairly awful real-world stuff right now, though, so if anybody else wants to step in I will give way to them.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I'll help with 8th edition, but I'd love for anyone else to join in on the effort. There are a few initiatives out there on keeping old Warhammer alive... It might be interesting to look them up.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Has anyone from Asrai or Ulthuan been approached for these roles?

The way FB pages work there can be a few administrators. Ideally we should have representatives from each of the 3 sites.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

No.
Ulthuan is not with us, until we achieve something. Their view is that they have significantly more traffic than us, so they have no incentive to join the initiative now.
Asrai is very silent.

The challenge for us is not only to create a structure, but more importantly to create content.
When done, it will attract Ulthuan and Asrai - and they will be welcome to give a hand.

Talking about content, one of the added values of our initiative is to have a small group of good-willing people interested in a variety of different games. That might be something to give a thought about.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Aicanor
Corsair

Post by Aicanor »

Well, actually Ulthuan.net moderators are quite fond of the idea of joint Facebook page. I believe we didn't make a secret of that at least. I'm not able to post every day as real life interferes, but if High Elf contribution is something you want to add to the whole, here I am.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

If Ulthuan is willing to animate our common FB page, in coordination with all three (soon four, later two) websites, I am happy to include whoever volunteers - with Ulthuan's assent.
Not only it would fill a need, but much more appropriately it would be one more bridge between all Elven factions.
Aicanor
Corsair

Post by Aicanor »

Unless we find someone else from the members of Ulthuan, the volunteer would be me. I can help, but sadly I won't be able to be around reliably enough to be the only one contributing to it. But I believe a shared effort would be better in the case of Facebook anyway as it should cover all major events and discussions anyway. How do you plan the page to be run?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Aicanor wrote:How do you plan the page to be run?
I started the page elvesonline.net
I also opened the account elvesonline.net@gmail.com

Please send me a PM telling me your FB name so that I can add you as admin of the page.
Then up to you!
Aicanor
Corsair

Post by Aicanor »

I am afraid we have a bit of an misunderstanding there. While I'd like to be part of this, what I had in mind was contributing to the site from the 'Asur' angle, I am unable to put all the angles together and build it alone. I have other obligations that prevent me from being able to contribute that much time and effort consistently to this project (and I am not speaking of moderating Ulthuan, that one is not such a burden really :D).
I am sorry if what I said sounded like I volunteered to that. I couldn't honestly do it well enough on my own. To be frank I believe you need more than one person to work on the Facebook page anyway, but it is your decision and I respect that.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Well, I am also an admin of the same page, and not doing much... at least it would allow me to add any goodwilling animator to build the profile and animate it.
I offered you the same ability, in order to involve Azur. If you can do more, the better, if you can't, at least Azur and Druchii are on par on this one.
Aicanor
Corsair

Post by Aicanor »

That sounds better. I just don't want to end up with more than I can manage. Been there, and it's not pretty. :)
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

As is probably apparent from some of my other posts, I no longer feel able to enthusiastically support AoS. I won't be playing it again or investing any time or money in it until the rules system stabilizes and there are actually factions I'm interested in that I can be confident GW isn't going to invalidate without warning (i.e. new non-legacy factions). I'm pretty much just painting 40K stuff right now. It's therefore best that I step down as "AoS Animator".

cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

:(
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Having one's new army rendered no longer playable before it's even painted (but after a lot of money and time has been spent on kitbashing and conversions) tends to kill one's enthusiasm for a game. I still think AoS is fundamentally a good rules system, but I just don't feel able to be enthusiastic about it now, and I can't in good conscience advise others to buy into it at this point. If GW stops screwing around and invalidating people's existing armies, then I will reassess the situation.

cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

I know how you feel and without this falling into a rant at GW - I have lost enthusiasm for my armies