Old Army book Runes

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sarpendon
Slave on the Altar

Old Army book Runes

Post by Sarpendon »

Hi all, desperate question here.

I'm trying to get a picture from one of the old army books, I believe it is 6th edition. It was a page of weapons and runes/dark elf writing... i.e the rune for murder/death ect.

Have scoured the internet to no joy.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Old Army book Runes

Post by Calisson »

Related to what you say, maybe you will like http://druchii.net/initiatives/monthly/ ... an04_2.pdf, page 20 and following.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

The 6th edition DE army book doesn't have anything like you describe. The 6th edition HE book does, however, have a list of the main concept runes which are (mostly) shared between both kindreds, and some of them were also in the 4th edition DE book.

The Druchii Language Guide Calisson linked to was my (totally unofficial) first attempt back in the early 2000s to expand upon the information GW had given us regarding the DE language and their versions of Elven runes.

I don't know what GW themselves did with the DE language in 7th and 8th editions, as I was away from the hobby then. I can only imagine they unnecessarily mucked about with it just like they did with the Elven pantheon. :P

I suspect the "page of weapons and runes" you are looking for must have been in the 7th or 8th edition army book.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Sarpendon
Slave on the Altar

Post by Sarpendon »

Or perhaps I made it up entirely... It may have been something from dark eldar I suppose. I used to be an army book geek, but sold all of my GW stuff years ago. Happily before the fall of Warhammer and the mess that is AoS...

I seem to remember it was totally out of place, showing the different weapons used by executioners, and being very annoyed because the models all had a sword.

However the language guide of yours is excellent :)
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Sarpendon wrote:However the language guide of yours is excellent :)

Thanks. I am slowly working on an updated version, but it is a lot harder to maintain enthusiasm for it since the whole setting got blown up. And that's speaking as someone who actually likes AoS...
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Shadowspite wrote:
Sarpendon wrote:However the language guide of yours is excellent :)

Thanks. I am slowly working on an updated version, but it is a lot harder to maintain enthusiasm for it since the whole setting got blown up. And that's speaking as someone who actually likes AoS...

I know what you mean - at times I'm finding it hard to stay enthusiastic but I will somehow. I have to keep the concept of 6th edition alive - if only to piss off GW :twisted:
Seriously though I would naturally be very interested in an updated language guide, so I wish you well with this project.
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Duckman5
Corsair

Post by Duckman5 »

Holy moly Shadowspite, that is some good-ass lore right there. Making me wish I'd stumbled into Warhammer earlier in life!