Druchii.net
http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/

Warhammer 40K going Square bases
http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=77691
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Daeron [ Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Warhammer 40K going Square bases

From Warhammer TV...
Image
My guess is they want to add flanks and ranks.

Author:  Daeron [ Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

Source: https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... adepticon/

Author:  Shadowspite [ Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

Oddly enough, the way they deep strike that drop pod in the video is actually more-or-less how it worked in Epic once upon a time...

Author:  Duckman5 [ Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

So fantasy gets scrapped for being too complex and becomes 40K-esque, and now they're turning 40K into a tactical style game a la old fantasy?
:?: :? :?:

Author:  Daeron [ Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

But Duckman.. The possibilities are endless. Round bases brought much needed liberty to fantasy and square bases will bring 40K the flanks it always craved.
The video explains the rest :D

Author:  Rork [ Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

Shadowspite wrote:
Oddly enough, the way they deep strike that drop pod in the video is actually more-or-less how it worked in Epic once upon a time...


Hahahaha. I remember that now. Epic was such a great game :D .

Author:  Red... [ Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

I'd say it looks silly, but 40k stopped being a sensible game a long long time ago. So why not go with square bases?

Author:  Ming [ Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

The point is: GW wants you to spend more money.
In order to manage this, the game with square bases gets round ones, and a height increase in minis (from 28 mm to 32 mm)
The game with round bases gets square ones (and I would bet a dramatic units size increase - as in WHFB 8th edition which made larger units stronger and more reliable with steadfast rule).
They ain't getting my money anymore. Definitely.

Author:  Darkprincess [ Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

I'm sorry, but the only thing I can think of in relation to this subject, is this Youtube video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvoATQ36T7I

'nuff said really...

Author:  Daeron [ Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

Darkprincess wrote:
I'm sorry

No you're not :D

Author:  Calisson [ Sun May 14, 2017 8:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

Wilton wrote:
Why are they changing it. What's wrong with the way it is now?
Welcome Wilton to Druchii.net. :)
Be aware that these sort of first post, a single line with a vague sentence which could apply to pretty much any threat, is usually considered as a sign that you are a spam robot, not a real human with genuine intentions of participation.

Could you elaborate a little bit? ;)
Thank you.

Author:  cultofkhaine [ Sun May 14, 2017 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

Nice video Darkprincess - very funny and hit the mark!

Author:  Daeron [ Sun May 14, 2017 4:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

Wilton wrote:
Why are they changing it. What's wrong with the way it is now?


I don't think they are changing it. I think it's a joke :)

Author:  Karak Norn Clansman [ Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

No need to worry, just a joke. Circular bases are more aesthetically pleasing, and good looks sell models at the end of the day.

Author:  Calisson [ Tue May 07, 2019 8:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

@AlexLambert
Your first post is fine, as it shows that you took care to look at the content and your reply is constructive.
The feeling you give is that you're not a robot testing before spamming.

Look at the difference:
Wilton wrote:
Reed... wrote:
I'd say it looks silly, but 40k stopped being a sensible game a long long time ago. So why not try the Bathmate Xtreme square bases?


Why are they changing it. What's wrong with the way it is now?
Not only Wilton never replied to my query, but Wilton's post has since been edited so that a commercial link appears now (I changed the link).
The tactics is to post something innocuous first, then see if the spamming robot gets undetected, then later to edit.
Which "Wilton", or the robot pretending to be him, just did.
Which causes me to delete that account, and all related content.

Author:  mariat [ Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

Calisson wrote:
@AlexLambert
Your first post is fine, as it shows that you took care to look at the content and your reply is constructive.
The feeling you give is that you're not a robot testing before spamming.

Look at the difference:
Wilton wrote:
Reed... wrote:
I'd say it looks silly, but 40k stopped being a sensible game a long long time ago. So why not try the Bathmate Xtreme square bases?


Why are they changing it. What's wrong with the way it is now?
Not only Wilton never replied to my query, but Wilton's post has since been edited so that a commercial link appears now (I changed the link).
The tactics is to post something innocuous first, then see if the spamming robot gets undetected, then later to edit.
Which "Wilton", or the robot pretending to be him, just did.
Which causes me to delete that account, and all related content.


Hi Calisson

I am new here and while I was reading this thread I noticed that you have replied to @AlexLambert & in this reply (that I have quoted here) you have mentioned how people change the quoted text to post a spammy link, but if you take a closer look at the comment posted by @AlexLambert then you will notice that he has also done the exact same thing. May be, he learned the technique from your reply to him :)

Author:  Calisson [ Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

True.
Indeed.
Account deleted, along with the posts.
Thanks.

Note: AlexLambert was possibly a human, not a robot.
If this is the case, I hope that he understand now that this way of doing his business is not profitable. :mrgreen:

Author:  Red... [ Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

I am kinda curious now though as to what Bathmate Xtreme square bases might look like... ;)

Author:  Calisson [ Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

RaymondSteffen wrote:
Shadowspite wrote:
Oddly enough, the way they deep strike that drop pod in the video is actually more-or-less how it worked in Epic once upon a time...


Yeah, you are right. I thought only I noticed this but you also noticed. I look amusing.
The same spammer.
They are getting smart!

:killed:

Author:  lanaroady [ Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

@AlexLambert
Your first post is fine, as it shows that you took care to look at the content and your reply is constructive.
The feeling you give is that you're not a robot testing before spamming.

Look at the difference:
Wilton wrote:
Reed... wrote:
I'd say it looks silly, but 40k stopped being a sensible game a long long time ago. So https://www.redadair.com square bases?
[/quote]




These people are balanced with the things you are marked on

Author:  Red... [ Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

Perhaps lock this thread - these recurrent attempts to spam are getting depressingly feeble.

Author:  Calisson [ Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Warhammer 40K going Square bases

RaymondSteffen wrote:
Ming wrote:
The point is: GW wants you to spend more money.
In order to manage this, the game with square bases gets round ones, and a height increase in minis (from 28 mm to 32 mm)
The game with round bases gets square ones (and I would bet a dramatic units size increase - as in WHFB 8th edition which made larger units stronger and more reliable with steadfast rule).
They ain't getting my money anymore. Definitely.

Yes really they want us to spend more money but they are not going to earn anything. I am very happy with the previous edition and I am happy with it. I don't want to spend money again and again.

@Red
You're right.
That one was one too many.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/