Druchii.net 1st Universal Battles Tournament Results

Discuss the art of war for the Dark Elves and the inferior races that dare to oppose them here.

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Druchii.net 1st Universal Battles Tournament Results

Post by Amboadine »

After a hard fought four rounds of competition, we have a winner.

Cihan and very fittingly his all conquering Dark Elves

Congratulations on his well deserved win.

Congratulations must also go to Thraundil (and his Wood Elves) who was leading until the final round, but was unable to complete the last match against Cihan and therefore based on feedback of the game situation (Cihan was very likely to win) a 15-5 win to Cihan was awarded.

If both Cihan and Thraundil would like to contact me, we can discuss Custom titles.

A big thanks goes out to everyone who participated, the overwhelming feedback was that it was a great deal of fun to play against other site members socially.

Thanks also must go to Marchosis and Rowena for the initial concept and inputs into the rules pack.

Final table looks as follows;

Capture.PNG

For those wishing to see the break down of round by round results;

Capture1.PNG

Once again thank you to all for participating. It seems a shame that the launch of the new game dampened the enthusiasm for the final round, but I hope we can do something similar again later in the year once the community has settled down from AoS.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Druchii.net 1st Universal Battles Tournament Results

Post by Daeron »

Gratz Cihan!

Well done everyone and thank you for 3 exciting games. It was a terrific experience, to have such 3 completely different opponents with a very different gaming culture.
It's also the first tournament I completed, I think. I once played a competitive match in 6th before this :D

I have 1 part screenshotted that I think classifies as one of the most beautiful (or poor move from myself) moves I've seen in WFB.

Anyhow, thanks again! For the organization and the participation.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Daeron wrote:Anyhow, thanks again! For the organization and the participation.

+1!

Thanks to Amboadine and all participants :D

This tournament was exciting, even for those following from outside like me.

Great tournament win for (dark horse :mrgreen:) Cihan, some very cool lists and games all round, and some great play from Thraundil as well 8)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

A pity that the fourth round did not work after all. I was looking forward for the battles... mine including. :) Nonetheless, I had a very good time and the chance to play a wholly different list than usual was very sweet. So thanks to all - the participants and especially Amboadine for all the bookkeeping and supplementing the match details.

Now the question is, what next? There was some talk about challenging Ulthuan.net. :D I am quite sure we would get smashed but it could be fun even so. :) This is for another talk, though - we need to wait till people return from holiday and start to post again. :)

I am just sad Thraundil lost in his last game, I hoped we would be able to push all Dark Elves from the first three positions. :D
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Yikes, DE got smashed :( Major props to Cihan for pulling through and winning it all!
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

What is next?
Well it really depends on the mood of the forum. I am sure most visitors here are aware there is a significant dip in activity since AoS.
I would be more than happy to try and arrange something versus Ulthuan.net if people are interested.

Else I have a concept of playing a turn by turn game on the forum. A few players on each team to decide the next moves, maybe having their own hidden area each to discuss their options and army list.
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Might be cool to try the team thing although consensus among Dreadlords and Dreadladies seems unlikely :)

Regardless, it was pretty interesting concept and execution so thanks for setting it up.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

r530 wrote:Might be cool to try the team thing although consensus among Dreadlords and Dreadladies seems unlikely :)

Regardless, it was pretty interesting concept and execution so thanks for setting it up.

That is why you have a captain who can rule with an iron fist :)
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

When for each decision, there will be several eyes to look for weak spots and several minds to discuss possibilities, how is anyone going to make a mistake? :D

Such a thing could be fun but I fear it would be extremely time-consuming for the organizer. A tournament is far better in this regard. :)

Alternatively, we could test some hypotheses here. :D Such as: "Death magic murders Ogres." Take one druchii army, featuring a mobile death caster, four ogre armies (or just one that should in theory be the least vulnerable), four pairs of players and see what happens. If the druchii army wins all matches the hypothesis is probably right.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Marchosias, definitely points to consider I agree.
Really just throwing out ideas at the moment.
We need to get some life back into the 8ed forums ao all suggestions more than welcome.
Cihan
Corsair

Post by Cihan »

Yey! Thanks for your congratulations guys. A Druchii just had to show those lesser races their places.

Id be very interested in some tournament action. Id also like some kind of campaign format. But basically: Whatever Ambo manages to pull off, count me in ;)!

Just to throw out some ideas: What about doing some kind of "clan war" style challenge with other communites? Each side picks 5 players and we arrange 5 seperate 1on1s.