9th AGE Question: character on steed

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kelian Durak
Slave (off the Altar)

9th AGE Question: character on steed

Post by Kelian Durak »

Hello guys, I was wondering: if a character is mounted on a steed and joins with black raiders, does it become fast cav and receive free reform as skill?
Welcome to the 9th AGE.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: 9th AGE Question: character on steed

Post by Lord Drakon »

Nope, the dark riders will lose the fast cavarly and free reform rule. Only on a pegasus characters could join dark raiders and warlocks while maintaining the free reform possibility.
Kelian Durak
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kelian Durak »

THX Drakon for the reply.
Welcome to the 9th AGE.
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

yeah thanks for the reply - i too was wondering about this. seems harsh for a sorceress but i can see why they did it with respect to warlock buses
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

actually - where in the rulebook does it say this?

Lord Drakon wrote:Nope, the dark riders will lose the fast cavarly and free reform rule. Only on a pegasus characters could join dark raiders and warlocks while maintaining the free reform possibility.
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

Fly (X)
Units composed entirely of models with this special rule can make Flying Movements in the Move Chargers and
Remaining Moves sub-phases. When a unit makes a Flying Movement, substitute the models’ Movement Characteristic
with the value given in brackets (X). However, they cannot end their Movement inside or within 1” of a unit or
Impassable Terrain (unless charging, when the normal exceptions to the Unit Spacing rule apply). Units using Flying
Movement ignore any Terrain or units they fly over from their starting to their ending position, but they are still
affected by the effects of the Terrain from which they take off and inwhich they land. Flying Movement can be used to
March. Models with the Fly special rule also always have Swiftstride and Free Reform.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Rule quotations regarding the issue:

Free Reform
Units composed entirely of models with this special rule are allowed to make any number of reforms when moving in the remaining moves sub-phase.

Fast Calvary
Models with this rule have Free Reform and Vanguard. If a unit consisting solely of models with Fast Cavarly rule ...

Vanguard
After deployment units composed entirely of models with this special rule ...

Indeed very harsh I think! Sorceresses on dark steeds make their unit of Dark Raiders very difficult to manage because losing of Free Reform and therefore normal movement needed (wheeling, running backwards impossible).

BTW: about the unit topics spam. I see a lot of activity on the 9th age forum about Dread Elves, battle reports and unit analysis while there is not so much activity on Druchii.net (although rising slowly). Discussing the units on the forum might boost the activity and interest. I saw Asrai.org is going to disband because there is no activity anymore, it would be a shame to see something like that happen to Druchii.net community!
Vietnow
Cold One Knight

Post by Vietnow »

Soon as I get a chance to play with them, I will post about them.

9th can save us guys. Not only from the hobby being on life support...... but from the restraint of GW only model armies. This is a new age my friends.
Kelian Durak
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kelian Durak »

THX guys for the reply. I suggest that an oracle mounted on pegasus will be seen often in 9th Age DE-list.
Welcome to the 9th AGE.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Consider manticore, only 60 points extra + wound + T + combat defence against chaff