Hydra

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Hydra

Post by Lord Drakon »

Please share your experiences, synergies and uses of your Hydra!
toots
Beastmaster

Re: Hydra

Post by toots »

Hydra is a total baller now, give it the flame breath upgrade and it can take a charge from most things. I take two!!
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

toots wrote:Hydra is a total baller now, give it the flame breath upgrade and it can take a charge from most things. I take two!!

I will also take two in my monster mash list! I fielded one in my last battle, but led it charge by enemy Crushers which won combat and ran it down. I expect these are the perfect anti-infantry monsters? Have you used their breath weapons as shooting attack?
DarkSky
Corsair

Post by DarkSky »

Lord Drakon wrote:
toots wrote:Hydra is a total baller now, give it the flame breath upgrade and it can take a charge from most things. I take two!!

I will also take two in my monster mash list! I fielded one in my last battle, but led it charge by enemy Crushers which won combat and ran it down. I expect these are the perfect anti-infantry monsters? Have you used their breath weapons as shooting attack?

Depends. Usually I use the Breath Attack at the first good opportunity. For a close combat this is, when Combat Result is important. As a shooting attack the flame breath is golden versus skirmishers (looking at you, Skinks!) as it guarantees the hits.
Sadly I expect the Hydra to be nerfed in the following versions as the Dread Elf opponents constantly complain about them.
My Blog containing battle reports and painting updates: https://bleaklegion.wordpress.com
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

i too expect a nerf but... make hay whilst the sun shines!!!!

DarkSky wrote:
Lord Drakon wrote:

Depends. Usually I use the Breath Attack at the first good opportunity. For a close combat this is, when Combat Result is important. As a shooting attack the flame breath is golden versus skirmishers (looking at you, Skinks!) as it guarantees the hits.
Sadly I expect the Hydra to be nerfed in the following versions as the Dread Elf opponents constantly complain about them.