Dancers of Yema

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Dancers of Yema

Post by Lord Drakon »

Please share your experiences, synergies and uses of your Gladiators (Dancers) of Yema!
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkSky
Corsair

Re: Gladiators (Dancers) of Yema

Post by DarkSky »

1. Well for starters, they are called Dancers of Yema, not Gladiators, although I agree Gladiators would be a much cooler name.
2. I don't think they are the least used unit of our Elite Infantry. If I had to make a list, I'd say:
Executioners
Dancers
Tower Guard
Blades

On to my experience: The Dancers of Yema can be very frightening for an army that is lacking good shooting. In close combat they are very hard to kill, even with high strength attacks. On the other side, they can tailor their weapon to nearly guarantee a positivie combat result. Add a fighty character to either challenge or wipe out a few enemy models and you got it.

For items, heroes, and synergies:
I like to have a Charm of the Cursed Iron or Ring of Shadows available to guard them in the shooting phase. My killer hero is often a Cult High Priest with Headsman's Axe and Crimson Mail. For this unit, just like so many others in our army book, Moraec's Fury is golden, as is the whole Path of Black Magic.
My Blog containing battle reports and painting updates: https://bleaklegion.wordpress.com
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Dancers of Yema

Post by Lord Drakon »

Hello there! I have used the Dancers of Yema (then called Sisters of Slaughter) with a lot of succes in the 8th edition and absolutely loved them. I again love them in the 9th age as they have become much cheaper and special. Yet my experience with the 9th age have remained somewhat little.

As I will bring 29 of them with a Divine Altar and a killy general as the centerpiece of my army it is time for me to learn them to D.R.A.I.C.H. level as I did in the previous edition.

Especially their weapon options has remained new territory for me, as I always used the flails (with success) so far but it would be interested to look for benefits of each against several troop types (knights, monsters, trolls, average troops etc). What are your experiences with them, and have you field them in larger groups than 18 (used to be the max in 8th edition)?