and the Khemrie fall down and go BOOM.

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Death by dread
Shade

and the Khemrie fall down and go BOOM.

Post by Death by dread »

In our on going map campaign, my fellow DE player and I ganged up on the Khemrie tonight. By mixing are two armies together we held the Khemrie and brought them down. The end of turn 6 the last CC totally wiped out our dreaded foe. Fortunatly we had only a few casualties. The Khems magic phases yeilded no affect and his rock throwers did one damaging turn but only one of the 2 he had. It was a totally clear victory for us and there was dancing and rejoicing all around, figuratively anyways.
Ah! The life of a dark elf is hard. With all the endless torchuring, fighting and ambushes. It is hard, cold and tiresome, but, to look on our females-beautiful, alluring, hard yet soft, evil yet gentle when need be and deadly. Eh, life is good.
Svart
Highborn

Post by Svart »

Two on one? Unfair =)

However, we, druchii, have our own vision on what is "fair" and "unfair" :twisted:
...Evil will never creep into an empty head...
Banan
Assassin

Post by Banan »

Two on one? Unfair =)

I agree, a bit unfair ;)
High and mighty alone we are kings
Whirlwinds of fire we ride
Providence brought us the crown and the ring
Covered with blood and our pride
Maraith tuerl
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maraith tuerl »

He didn't list points, so it's possible that it was a 2k army vs. 2 x 1k armies...
Undrentide
Shade

Post by Undrentide »

Besides, if all players agree to it, it can hardly be called unfair.
I’m afraid of three things: Women, snakes, and the police. They all have the ability to hurt me and make it look like it was my fault.
Death by dread
Shade

Post by Death by dread »

This is in a map campaign. The battle before this one I got trounced really bad by the tomb kings, had only 1 unit and my lord left, which I had to combine into my other banner. So we turned his push and gave him a shove. However this action would have removed him from the campaign, which we did not want to happen, so we had him destroy his capitol and gave him a fortified town and a 2000 pt army and his allegiance to the DE. Remember: ALLS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR!
Ah! The life of a dark elf is hard. With all the endless torchuring, fighting and ambushes. It is hard, cold and tiresome, but, to look on our females-beautiful, alluring, hard yet soft, evil yet gentle when need be and deadly. Eh, life is good.
Death by dread
Shade

Post by Death by dread »

Maraith Tuerl wrote:He didn't list points, so it's possible that it was a 2k army vs. 2 x 1k armies...

TK- 4000 pts
my DE- 3700pts
my ally DE- 6500pts

Keep in mind it is a map campaign where you are able to build up your armies.
Maraith tuerl
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maraith tuerl »

That depends a great deal on the rules for your map campaign... the ones in the general's compendium, for example, don't let you do what you did. Others might..
Highborn_xarthon
Trainee Warrior

Post by Highborn_xarthon »

TK- 4000 pts
my DE- 3700pts
my ally DE- 6500pts

would be hard not to win in that situation
Why must allways the evil one´s loose.......they are the cool guys
- human
Adept of Khaine

Post by - human »

TK- 4000 pts
my DE- 3700pts
my ally DE- 6500pts

!eek!

10200pts against 4000 points.... Dear god.

would be hard not to win in that situation

Amen. :roll:
- Human
Hateful foe
Shade

Post by Hateful foe »

:shock:
that would have been boring... well at least for me
you would suck if you had lost that! Wait no got anything but a massacre(typo?) o yer was the other guy/girl having no fun or was just really insanly bored :?
Rollalith
WS-4|D-5|S-3|T-2|I-4
Gear- Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Protection:1
Close: Power:2 Speed:4
Ranged: Power:3 Speed:4
Hinderance:1
Basic Stealth
Group 5 RPG Mod
Hateful foe
Shade

Post by Hateful foe »

:shock:
that would have been boring... well at least for me
you would suck if you had lost that! Wait no got anything but a massacre(typo?) o yer was the other guy/girl having no fun or was just really insanly bored :?
Rollalith
WS-4|D-5|S-3|T-2|I-4
Gear- Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Protection:1
Close: Power:2 Speed:4
Ranged: Power:3 Speed:4
Hinderance:1
Basic Stealth
Group 5 RPG Mod
Death by dread
Shade

Post by Death by dread »

All had fun. It was a very enjoyable evening for all. Its not whether you win or lose just having fun with friends.
Svart
Highborn

Post by Svart »

Once upon a time we tried to make a campiagn using the general's compendium... It all turned out into allying and defeating single armies with two armies... boring and stupid. And I, playing a DE army, couldn't ally with anyone but Tomb Kings =) Such an alliance seemed pretty stupid, so neither of us wanted to make it. Of course, I lost when Empire and Dwarfs attacked me immediately =)

So when I decided to rn my own campaign I prohibited direct alliances - the campaign is based on the "There Can Be Only One" principle.
...Evil will never creep into an empty head...
Death by dread
Shade

Post by Death by dread »

Thats a really good rule in some campaigns but we have 10 players. However, we have rules set up to max out points in a banner and a cap on army size. Alliances are allowed but we also have a lot of back stabbing, meaning we play are armies like they should be. For instance, next sunday, my fellow DE player may team up with his new TK ally and attack me or I might not like the fact that the TK now have a town right across the river from me. Also we have a roving Orc army and on the other side of the map are the VC, empire, Chaos, DoW, and WE also competing for territory. We are in year 2 of a 6 year campaign so alliances will change. We are having a great time with our set up and have lots of discussions at the end of the night joking and ribbing each other on bad dice rolls, bad tactics and other things. Fun for all
Lordmalusmark
Assassin

Post by Lordmalusmark »

It would have been hepas boring. Id hate to play that battle.
-------------------------------------------
Everyone is everything, as everything is everyone.