Welcome to the D.net Battle Records 09 Season.

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Thedemolishedman
Warrior

Post by Thedemolishedman »

Username: TheDemolishedMan
Result: Massacre Win
Game Size: 1500
Opponent's Army: Beasts of Chaos
Special Circumstances: Club league terrain generator
50-100 Word Summary:
DE: 3 x L2, 2 x 10 Xbow, 15 Spears, 2 x 5 Harpies, 7 Shades, 2 Bolties, Assassin (ToD, RoK, Cloak)
BOC: 2 Tz Wargors, 4 Chariots, 1 Tz Chariot, 2 x 5 Hounds, 28 Beast Herd, 12 Beast Herd, 7 Centigors, Giant
Club league random terrain gave us an almost empty table with two small woods in opposite corners and I thought I was doomed. He ambushed with the smaller herd and the Hounds. I won first turn, inched into range and let rip. Magic was all scrolled or dispelled, and shooting put one wound on the Giant and killed a Gor - gulp. He charges straight ahead. My T2 - Assassin leaves his unit and prepares to try and take out the Beasts general. Harpies fly behind the big herd, and the other unit moves to try and block the Giant and nearest Chariot. Magic: Black Horror goes off and kills 5 or so from the big herd, panic test sees them flee into the Harpies and die. That's 782 pts to me right there. Shooting tries to take out the Giant and puts 4 more wounds on him. His turn two the chariot forces the harpies to rank up, and the Giant can just charge round him to hit some spears - my opponent thought it was out, but I explained how he could make the charge. Centigors charge my shades and assassin, stand and shoot kills 2, they pass their test, Assassin fluffs, and kiils only one and is ridden down. After that Magic and shooting kill the remaining 3 more turns, but I loose one of the Bolties - some nervous moments as my oppoent tried to get at my spear bunker. Big win in the end for the DE, but I'd not put money on managing it again on the same terrain.
2009 - Bought: 1574, Painted: 698, Sold: 18
This year I will paint more than I buy.
Oh dear! This is not going well. Isn't the second number supposed to go up too?
Niceas
Warrior

Post by Niceas »

Hey all.

niceas
Result : Win
Game Size : 2000
Opponent's Army : Orcs & Goblins
Special Circumstances : Nothing particular
50-100 Word Summary : Nothing too fancy. My opponent mis-judged the positioning of a chariot which allowed my Cold One Knights to destroy the chariot and a large unit of orcs behind it, costing him both his mages. The game ended pretty shortly after that.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

New Page of the thread, new ladder.

100 - niceas (120, 20 )
74 - Cathel (90, 16 )
67 - Alkatchoff (93, 26 )
58 - TheDemolishedMan (70, 12 )
48 - The Golden Arrow (60, 12 )
39 - 22over7 (54, 15 )
28 - Romulus68 (35, 7 )
26 - Omnichron (33, 7 )
25 - LordMonkey (30, 5 )
23 - Thomus Darkblade (28 ,5 )
18 - Cat-the-odd (26, 8 )
18 - Katon Edios (22, 4 )
18 - Vicinity (22, 4 )
15 - Archon_Matt (18, 3 )
15 - Hartsteen (18, 3 )
15 - Silverheimdall (18, 3 )
15 - WalrusM3 (20, 5 )
13 - Dangerous Beanz (19, 6 )
10 - Aspiring Executioner (12, 2 )
10 - Coeur de Lion (14, 4 )
10 - Dalamar (12, 2 )
10 - fea Keme (12, 2 )
10 - Gh9st (13, 3 )
8 - SkaerKrow (11, 3 )
5 - Camaris (6, 1 )
5 - Gear22 (8, 3 )
5 - Layne (8, 3 )
5 - Malcom (8, 3 )
5 - Mekhet (6, 1 )
5 - Rebmonk (6, 1 )
5 - sassmaw (6, 1 )
5 - shinankoku (6, 1 )
5 - Wrath (6, 1 )
3 - - Human (4, 1 )
3 - Malekith's psychologist (5 , 2 )
3 - Sirius Dragonbrood (4, 1 )
0 - Fuzzydeath (1, 1 )

Keep up the good work guys, looks like I'm never going to actually post on this thread myself, DE have taken a back seat to my 40k IG army ><. Perhaps when the new DR models are released I'll be able to give some of you a run for the top place :D .

Also Up to Date!
Last edited by Zardock on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:44 am, edited 6 times in total.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Username: cat-the-odd
Result: LOSS
Game Size: 1500 P
Opponent's Army: Wood Elfs
Special Circumstances: -
DE: Master(Blade of Ruin), lvl2(Book,Lifetaker), Assassin(Stars,KB), 20 Spr(cmd,shd), 14 Csr(champ,music,rhb), 5 DR(m,rxb),5 Harpy, 6 Shades(bs,gw), 14 Exec(cmd), RBT
WE: Dancer Hero, Caddy, BSB(Doom), 4x8 Dryads, 5 Kournos, 3x10 Archers, 2x5 Dancers
50-100 Word Summary: Not Bretonian Knights? Ouch! I mentally prepared for something else. Not that my setup would differ much.
I made again the mistake of not setting a refused flank. Silly me.
I misjudged the playing style by leagues. I thought he might move a bit ... but he did not. I think it costed me the harpies, Shades, a second charge with the chariot and less kills in total. He was anxious to engage much in CC except for Dryads. With Killing my general from DoomBSB and Quarters he pulled off a solid victory.
Lesson learned: Plan ahead (again) - I love my Sorceress' setup (Saves me the fun at the gmes). Throwing stars don't have "always stand&shoot". Shades are for shooting. Let them shoot. Nothing else!

Kind greetings from Italy.
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Username: Katon Edios
Result: Victory
Game Size: 500
Opponent's Army: Chaos
Special Circumstances: 500 Point Border Patrol

DE: Master (Steed, Halberd, x2 RHB) 10 RxBmen, 5 Harpies, 5 Shades (GW), 5 DR (RxB)
Chaos: Exalted, 15 Warriors, 5 Marauder Horsemen, Spawn

50-100 Word Summary:

The Border Patrol rules made things hard for the Chaos player having such costly models. I pushed everything forward on turn 1 and my DR closed in on his Spawn to cause a wound. He moves his army and his General leaves the Warriors to go after my Shades. Shooting finished the Spawn this time and the RxB could shoot and wiped the Horsemen out. Shades did nothing to the Hero. Hero charges Shades, Shades win combat, DR and RxB shoot at Warriors taking a few.
Rest of the game was me shooting his Warriors till turn 5 when it was over.
Niceas
Warrior

Post by Niceas »

Hey all!

@ Zardock - please don't count the first battle report.

niceas
Opponent's Army : Skaven
Special Circumstances : Nothing particular
50-100 Word Summary : Played against an opponent who seems to change armies as often as the weather changes here (i.e. pretty bloody often). He brought his Skaven out and has been harrassing me for a game for the last couple of weeks. His list consisted of: a Grey Seer, a Chieftan w/ BSB, an Assassin, a Warlock Engineer, two units of clanrats w/ Ratling guns, two units of slaverats, two units of plague monks, two units of rat ogres, two units of plague censer bearers and two units of poison wind globadiers.

Having played Skaven for years and years I knew exactly how to deal with his army - I tore it apart piecemeal losing only two units of harpies by the end of the game.

niceas
Opponent's Army : Warriors of Chaos (Throgg)
Special Circumstances : He played with 2250 thinking that's what I had brought.
50-100 Word Summary : Brutal game. We realized halfway through that he had a 250 point advantage. I was able to bottle neck his army however and his magic was more or less shut down (he had a level 4 and two level 2s vs my two level 2s and the ring) by ensuring that he had no viable targets without braving the ring. I withdrew from his forces until I got a crack at Throgg and was able to kill him on the charge with my Cold One Knights supported by the cauldron (8 St 6 hits killed him outright). At that point, his army became stupid and I was able to maneover and beat him through combat rez and force of arms.

Great game - we talked about it after the game and decided that the terrain really gave me an advantage.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

It's all up to date!

@ Niceas: I ignored the Skaven Report, though I really think I should add it, unless you don't want it to count that much?

Zardock (Group 27)

Niceas
Warrior

Post by Niceas »

Zardock wrote:It's all up to date!

@ Niceas: I ignored the Skaven Report, though I really think I should add it, unless you don't want it to count that much?

It was really no-contest. I have played against players who are playing their first game who put up more resistance.

As I said, I like the guy, but he REALLY has to stop his merry-go-round of armies and pick one. That way although he'd lose for a while with it he would finally start to learn the tactics he needs to use in order to be successful.

I lost my first game in months yesterday! Fortunately it wasn't with my Druuchii :lol:
Niceas
Warrior

Post by Niceas »

Hey all - Tournament report for the release of the Skaven book (I realise its taken me a little while to post it...)

Special tournament rules - you could eat "warpstone tokens" (read: jellybeans) to gain an assortment of benefits. I made it through the day without eating any! :lol:

Game 1:
niceas
Game Size : 1500
Opponent's Army : Goblins
Special Circumstances : Warpstone tournament
50-100 Word Summary : Nothing too exciting - tabled my opponent by turn 5. He had the misfortune of being completely unable to roll a break test, which I suppose isn't entirely surprising. He brought 1 fanatic for every unit. He managed to shut down my magic phase entirely thanks to a magic standard he brought. On the whole a fun game with a fun opponent, but not too challenging.

Game 2:
niceas
Opponent's Army : Lizardmen
50-100 Word Summary : He brought a pretty hard list including an Engine of the Gods. Closest game I've played in a long time. Ended up tabling him, but had only my Cauldron of Blood (General) and Assassin left alive at the end. The Hydra almost managed to kill his engine of the gods alone (bloody cold one knights failed fear test to charge one turn and failed stupidity the next). Both sides had wild swings of luck. Good opponent, fun game.

Game 3:
niceas
Opponent's Army : High Elves
50-100 Word Summary : The High Elves got what they had coming! An absolute carnage game - I emerged with 2300 victory points and awarded my opponent 82.5. One unit of Harpies managed to eat one bolt thrower crew and a mage, the other managed to eat his other bolt thrower crew. Aside from that, the Crossbowmen I brought proved to be EXTREMELY lucky, taking a unit of 5 Dragon Princes to 1 in a single round of shooting and then managing to stand and shoot the final one to death before he could impact. His luck was horrible all game to make matters worse.

On the whole a very fun tournament. I managed to come in second (the Empire fellow who came in first also tabled all of his opponents). Both of us managed to beat the fellow who dropped a lot of money at the beginning of the tournament (you could spend $$ to get tokens - the number of tokens you had at the end of the day determined who won). Without a question the Empire player did better than I did (he also spent more money lol) and deserved to win as he posted one solid victory and two massacres, while I posted two massacres and a minor.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to date!

Man Niceas, do you ever lose ;) congratulations, you've left everyone else in the dust on this one.

Then again it's been abit dead for quite some time, come on people get posting your games in the table and earn your bragging rights!

Zardock (Group 27)

Niceas
Warrior

Post by Niceas »

With the Dark Elves? Once so far. Lost to vampire counts. He brought a LOT of ethereal and casters, and I couldn't get anything by and had no magic weapons :(

Aside from that, I had a really close call in the tournament - the minor victory over the lizardmen was quite literally within 5 points of being a draw.
Hartsteen
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Hartsteen »

Username: Hartsteen
Result: Won - 3200 vs. 900
Game Size: 2500
Opponent's Army: Skaven new book
Special Circumstances:
50-100 Word Summary:
I have recently started playing after 15 years away from the game. Recently I challenged my "coach and Mentor" Henning Basballe, who are a member of the Danish ETC team.
Having lost a battle with a skaven army to a druchii army recently ( a massacre - I had one model left in turn 4) I wanted to test if I was doing ridiculously bad or the match up is heavily favoring the druchii.

The magic heavy Skaven horde deployed with a strong left and with weaker units around the center.
I was in doubt how to react to his first move, as his plague priest, monks, furnace moved at triple speed towards my reapers on my right flank. So I froze!
Then he charged his abomination at my scouts. I countercharged the abomination with my black guard, BsB and Hydra - but failed to kill it.
I shot the priest and furnace to pieces with my two reapers (amazingly). The storm vermin charged the flank of the black Guard and I used my BsB to challenge his BsB in the SV unit.
As my BsB was mounted and had PoK I was able to hold against the unit.

My assassin now charged out of my block of spearmen and attacked the skaven Gray Seer. It took 3 combat rounds to kill him - but I got a warlock in collateral damage! Unfortunately this broke the unit of slaves the Seer was hiding in - and as they were broken they caused enough units on the assassin to kill him. A Shameful death.

Meanwhile 6 CoK and 5 Dark riders cleared my left flank and managed to break and destroy roughly 100 skaven in 2 moves.

When the hydra charged the storm vermin they broke and were run down.

When the dust settled I had 1 turn left, but as the only models left was 20 some plague monks we decided to end the game there.
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Username: Katon
Result: Win
Game Size: 1000
Opponent's Army: High Elves
Special Circumstances: None
50-100 Word Summary:

HE: BT, Mage, Sea Guard, White Lions, Korhil on Chariot.
Spells: fire blast and fireball.

DE: CoK, CoB, Hydra, WE, DR, ExE and Spears.

His mage cast Fireball got double 1 and takes a wound and loses a level.

Chariot charges CoK impact hits kill 3 and Korhil kills the rest. Chariot hit the CoB. Wards see the Combat drawn.

Magic cast fire blast, again double 1 and takes a S8 hit and dies.

WE and ExE charge Chariot the Hydra hcharges WL. Chariot go pop and the WL die over two rounds.

Turn 5: game over no HE left.

Result: Draw
Game Size: 1000
Opponent's Army: Wood Elves
50-100 Word Summary:

WE 2x GG, Mage, Noble, Dryads, Eagle, Wardancers
Regeneration spell, move forest.

Eagle pulls WE and GG shoot and kill over 3 turns. Hydra dies to moving forests. But kills a few Dryads.
Dryads kill Spears.

CoK Kill Dancers and Noble, ExE kill Dryads, protecting the CoB.

I spend rest of game sat at the back because I hate gun line army’s and that’s all he had left.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to date!

Zardock (Group 27)

Hartsteen
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Hartsteen »

Result: Won - 3250 vs. 722
Opponent's Army: Druchii
Special Circumstances: Oponents witch-elves were unbreakable.
50-100 Word Summary:

Faced 20 BG, 4 reapers, 30 X-bowmen and 35 unbreakable witchelves.

Ring of Hotek shut my magic down (lvl. 4+2+dagger).

My harpies and BG lured the witchelves into combat and dealt with them in no time. My chariots charged the BG and killed 12 in the impact and one or two in each round from there.

I shot his spearmen to pieces and charged the xbowmen with the hydra.

The only thing standing on his side at the end of the game was a single crewman on a reaper.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to date.

Zardock (Group 27)

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Result: Win
Game Size: 500
50-100 Word Summary:

HE: Mage, 14 Sea Guard, 5 SM, 5 SM
Fireball, Flaming Sword.

DE: Mage+1 Spell, 20 Spears, 10 Corsairs, Chariot
ChillWind, Word of Pain, Black Horror

Chillwind stop the SG on the first turn, HE moving everything forward, SG stay back a bit behind a SM unit.
Fireball dispelled.

2nd turn

Chariot charges SM unit in front of SG, kills them all and over runs into SG killing 5. Braking and running them all down.

Remaining SM charge the Corsairs, kill 3 Corsairs kill 2 break and are run down, chillwind kills 2 SM in turn 3 and HE concedes.
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Result: WIN
Opponent's Army: Dwarfs
DE: Master(chariot), master, lvl2, Assassin, 20 Spr, 18 Csr, 5 DR, 6 Shades, 15 Exec, RBT
Dwarf: Thane, Ast, Runemaster, 2x19Clanwarrios, Thunderers, Quarreles, Miners, Boltthrower, Cannon, SalvoCannon
50-100 Word Summary: Ouch, but for him. He suspected me to set up my scouts in the forest and put the salvo cannon to intercept on that flank. I set the shades (no upgrades!) to the other flank with assasin (RoK) and rolled up his Thunderers, cannon, quarrelers and ultimately had the flank in one Warrior regiment. Executioners did the rest to that regiment others did flee due to panic.
In the 5th turn it was over and his salvo cannon misfiring didn't help more.
Lessons learned reviewed:
Play more often (i'm on it), paint more (has to wait), more troops (I took not many mgic items -> cheaper chars & bigger units) , stick to my usual magic setup (Yea! did nothing to the stunties, though), wait for charges (ok, shades with assasin can handle shooters early)
../¨¨¨|
Hartsteen
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Hartsteen »

Result: Won - Solid Victory
Game Size: 2250
Opponent's Army: Skaven
Special Circumstances: Hard restrictions on magic
50-100 Word Summary:

I had a defensive army against an experienced skavenplayer.
My chariot went stupid and got eaten by an abomination. My assassin and reapers killed the Abomination. It regenerated with six wounds. Sigh. Then the abomination charged my Cauldron where the assassin had joined. It did not survive the many attacks.
After that I used magic to clean most of the board.
Sassmaw
Cold One Knight

Post by Sassmaw »

username: Sassmaw
Result: Win 1800-400
Game size: 2000
Opponent's army: Deamons
Special circumstances: none in particular
50-100 word summery:

I had used my normal army of a DL 2 Sorc 2RBT Hydra 1 Assassin 15Bg ect. He had 3 samllish (in between 12-18 strong) units of blood letters and 1 unitd of deamonnetts and a unit of flesh hounds. Also was rocking the skulltaker a Lord of Change anda hereld of Khorn. I was able to wittle down his units with my shooting and magic and then crush them with combat res. Also he was not able to get to grips with my army because i was constantly doing the 'Bait and switch' tactic Overall a much enjoyed game
Never underestimate the power of sheer bloody minded spite.
"I’m not going to fight them, you fool. I’m going to kill them.”
-Malus Darkblade

"We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."
- Malekith, The Witch King of Naggaroth
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to date!

Zardock (Group 27)

Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Result: LOSS
Opponent's Army: Warriors of Chaos
DE: Master(chariot), master, lvl2, Assassin, 20 Spr, 18 Csr, 5 DR, 6 Shades, 15 Exec, RBT
WOC: Hero & BSB each on Juggernaught, Lvl2 Nurgle, 6 Knights Nurgle, 6 Knights Tzeentch, 3 Dragon Ogres 2x5 Barbarian Riders Slaanesh, 10 Barbarians Slanesh
50-100 Word Summary: Ouch, for me again. I still struggle against the fast armies. The Heros on Jugger are insanely heavy. I wasted Initiative by letting him begin, so I was pressed against my border and could not elect "flee" from charges. I wasted my General with a stupid charge on Light Cav. (which fled, of course). I lost the Sorceress due to stupid positioning. At the end of turn 3 we had to stop. Nurgle Spell 6 is EVIL. So far he pulled at least a minor victory. But HE knew that he'll face DE, I brought my list blindly...
Lessons learned reviewed:
Stick with the Anti-Breton move tactics when facing knights. Silly me!
Take KB with the Assasin again.
Take a scroll. It'll be worth.

Regards, CAT.
../¨¨¨|
Hartsteen
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Hartsteen »

Result: Solid Victory - 1950 vs. 1100
Opponent's Army: Orcs
Special Circumstances: Orcs had a lot of improvements due to tournament rules. Eg. +1 LD to general, and 18 inch LD bonus. 1 automatic artillery hit, extra strong WAAArgh, +1 save to Black Orcs, 1 reroll etc.
50-100 Word Summary:

My first battle against orcs. I charge the Giant with 2 chariots and ran straight over him and into the Vyvern mounted general, killing the mount.

He used his BSB in charriot to charge the black guard, but was ripped apart in 4 combat rounds. His blackorcks charged my spearmen, but I managed to get my assassin and Supreme Sorceror out of the unit before he got in and pursuided the unit off table.

Then my reapers shot everything else up and my BsB charged and took 2 of his bolt throwers.

He was left with a unit of goblins with the general, a goblin unit with 2 members and a wizard and a black orc unit with 2 members.

I have to learn how to clean up. ;)
Thedemolishedman
Warrior

Post by Thedemolishedman »

Four games played in my club league, a bit of a mixed bag but just enough to reach the semi-finals in the new year.

Result: Draw
Opponent's Army: Empire
50-100 Word Summary:
DE: 3 x L2, 2 x 10 Xbow, 15 Spears, 2 x 5 Harpies, 7 Shades, 2 Bolties, Assassin (ToD, RoK, Cloak)
Emp: 2 L2, Priest, Knights, 2 Cannons, Spears, XBOW, Flaggies, Steam Tank.

T1 - one of the cannons snipes one of my L2's and another escapes with one wound. I have to play a bit more cautiously from then on. We trade blows, and I have a chance to win on the final turn, need two wounds on the steam tank, but only manage 1. Draw.

50-100 Word Summary:
HE: 2 x L2, Banner of Sorc, Dragon Princes, White Lions, Spear block and large Phoenix Guard block.

My magic just clicked in this game. Black Horror being the key. My only casualties were one unit of Harpies who took one for the team whilst diverting the Dragon Princes.

Opponent's Army: Orcs & Goblins
50-100 Word Summary:
O&G: Savage Orc list - 2 combat blocks, Boar Boys, 2 x 24 Night Goblins with Fanatics galore, 2 pump wagons

I won first turn, and one brave Harpy unit triggered the Fanatics. After that it was all bait and flee, shoot shoot shoot. The Assassin was man of the match here, accounting for all three Orc heroes, some spider riders and wolf riders too.

Result: Massacre Loss
Opponent's Army: Warriors of Chaos
50-100 Word Summary:
WoC: Exalted, L1 caddy, 2 x 5 Chaos Knights (Nurgle), 2 x 5 Marauder Horse (Khorne), 4 x 5 Dogs, 3 Drago Ogres.

My magic failed me in this game. T1 - miscast, T2 - all dispelled, T3 - miscast - and that was that. My shooting also deserted me. One Chaos Knight unit with Banner of Rage pretty much went through my entire army. My Assassin had a chance to pull it back though, he went through a unit of dogs and both Marauder Horse, before flank charging the Exaletd - sadly he fluffed. I'd killed maybe 600 pts, but had only one Boltie and the Shades left at the end.
2009 - Bought: 1574, Painted: 698, Sold: 18
This year I will paint more than I buy.
Oh dear! This is not going well. Isn't the second number supposed to go up too?
Hartsteen
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Hartsteen »

Result: Defeat - 2536 vs. 1107
Opponent's Army: High elves
Special Circumstances: high Elves had a lot of improvements due to tournament rules. Eg. 200 pts extra hero for free, all spells miscast on unmodified roll of 1-2, extra dispell scroll for free etc.

50-100 Word Summary:

I played my mentor, the ETC player. He charged my blact guard with a chariot and a mounted hero with 1+ save with reroll and ward save.
They tuned and ran despite being in range of the BSB.
The pursue took the enemy into my spearmen with the general.
The assassin was revealed, but was unable to do more than 2 wounds on the chariot (despite RoK and Manbane!).
I did not break the enemy, and in time the phenix guard entered the fray and the battle was lost.
The hydra ate the lion-warriors. :)