Welcome to the D.net Battle Records 09 Season.

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Alkatchoff
Corsair

Post by Alkatchoff »

Username: Alkatchoff
Result: Win (Major Victory)
Game Size: 2000
Opponent's Army: Ogre Kingdoms
Special Circumstances: None
50-100 Word Summary: Sometimes, you catch a break. I was facing a Skrag list with 8 Gorgers, 2 units of Bulls, 2 units of Ironguts, some Maneaters, a Hunter and some Gnoblars. I had a pretty filthy list with a Hydra, some Black Guard, Cold Ones and Chariots, Warriors, Dark Riders and a Highborn on Manticore. My opponent simply had terrible luck. Skrag killed himself with a miscast on turn 2, the Hunter, despite hitting the Manticore 3 times, only managed two wounds on it, and just about every time my opponent tried a flee-and-rally, his Ogres failed and ran off the board. In the end, I lost my Scroll Caddy, the Cold One Knights, a Chariot , a unit of Dark Riders and the Bolt Thrower, while the Hydra and Manticore were both wounded. The Ogres had 3 Gorgers left on the table.
Niceas
Warrior

Post by Niceas »

Lordmonkey wrote:Hi niceas,

I have a question. When you said your Harpies forced him to "redirect" do you mean when you angle the bases such that he must align facing a particular direction on the charge? I thought that, in the case of skirmishers, you must always align to face the charging unit.

If i'm wrong, then there's plenty of use that I haven't been getting out of my flying nasties!

Heya - not exactly. What I do with my harpies is that I drop them in front of the unit I'm worried about and string them out away from it in the direction that I want my opponent to go - the result is that since charges always go centre of unit to centre of unit, he charges and finds himself dragged (usually) right across the middle of his own lines, although I sometimes use it to face a unit away from the centre of the table. This tactic is particularly useful against an opponent that doesn't have shooting attacks, as he is left with the choice of charging or trying to magic them to death. Even in the worst case scenario (using it to try to re-direct a terror-causer) where he doesn't take the bait, I'm still delaying his unit by a turn if I fail my terror test.

Basically, my harpies never get into combat. They're usually either shot to death, flee off the board, or magic'd into oblivion. What they do for me is allow me to entirely dictate what goes where. A clever opponent works around this particular tactic by placing a large unit side-by-side with the most susceptible (or choicest) units - that way they charge with the large unit AND the one I'm wanting to re-direct and I'm forced to either flee and still have their units head towards my lines or stand and die. I'll usually flee in that case, as it still delays my opponent and Harpies can be useful later on (hunting lone wizards, capturing table quarters, harrassing lightly armoured units...).

Sadly my Paint-fu is pretty weak, but I suspect that if you go into the tactics forum and ask about harpy re-directs you'll end up with a multi-page thesis on the subject, complete with pretty pictures.

Anyways, on to the battle report!

Username: niceas
Result: Win
Game Size: 1500
Opponent's Army: Wood Elves
Special Circumstances: Grudge match
50-100 Word Summary: I spanked him on our last outing, so he came back with a chip on his shoulder. Brought a couple of mages, a mess of wardancers, and a lot of shooting. The game was characterized by some extremes of luck, however. On his first turn, his warhawk riders charged my dark riders - stand and shoot managed to kill two of them, they panicked, and fled off the board. My CoK failed 4/5 stupidity rolls... All I can say is that wood elves is a hell of an annoying opponent to play against. Fortunately he made some errors in judgement on distance which allowed my blackguard to charge his wardancers, and my execs managed to wipe out his dryads with the help of an assassin.
Lordmonkey
Corsair

Post by Lordmonkey »

niceas wrote:Heya - not exactly. What I do with my harpies is that I drop them in front of the unit I'm worried about and string them out away from it in the direction that I want my opponent to go.

This is so, so evil. Thanks for the response niceas! I've actually got a WElf opponent tonight too ^-^
Niceas
Warrior

Post by Niceas »

Lordmonkey wrote:
niceas wrote:Heya - not exactly. What I do with my harpies is that I drop them in front of the unit I'm worried about and string them out away from it in the direction that I want my opponent to go.

This is so, so evil. Thanks for the response niceas! I've actually got a WElf opponent tonight too ^-^

Nice - Dark Magic is fantastic against them as it can quickly shut down their 'magic' (read shooting) phase.

I should add that the above report was part of a mighty empires campaign, and my opponent brough an extra 250 points to the table. Ring of hotek was a superstar as it forced three miscasts on the first two turns which killed his two wizards. One thing to remember, if your opponent targets a template (aka a wood) and it is within 12" of the ring, bad things can happen :)
Lordmonkey
Corsair

Post by Lordmonkey »

Username: Lordmonkey
Game Size: 2000
Opponent's Army: Tomb Kings

50-100 Word Summary: I've been helping my opponent make his army competitive, so he proceeded to use my advice against me! Hydra, Corsairs, Cauldron and BG advanced behind a screen of Xbows and harpies. Shades + assassin harassed chariots on the right while Dark Riders baited chariots on the left. Hydra tanked a bone giant + ushabti for most of the game, black guard took on 2 x 20 skellies and a tomb king, and then fionished the left-side chariots and bone giant! Bolt throwers whittled down skeleton archers but were eliminated shortly by a tomb scorpion. Crossbowmen and shades finished skeleton archers and a liche priest, dark riders shot another liche priest. Corsairs were flanked and killed by chariots.
I played badly and didn't deserve to win (corsairs getting flanked!?), but my BG refused to submit and fought to the end, until there were only 3 left - They were responsible for roughly 1000pts of kills!

Game Size: 2250
Opponent's Army: Wood Elves

50-100 Word Summary: Lots of shooting is something I wasn't sure I could handle until tonight. The shades + assassin hid in a wood to the right, 2 x 10 XBow units screened my BG, corsairs and Cauldron, while the Hydra advanced down the middle and the harpies flew ahead. 2 x 5 Dark Riders ranged to my left, surrounding the BG to prevent a dragon landing by them while shooting. The shades performed admirably, charging and running down some Waywatchers (who fled). Wild Riders charged them in response, only for the assassin to appear and slaughter 3, break the charge and running them down. They then shot down a unit of Glade Riders and half a unit of Glade Guard!
The dragon killed my bolt throwers + cauldron. My BG were charged in the front my dryads and the side by Wardancers - and won. The Dark Riders charged a hero on an eagle who chose to flee (wtf?) and was run down. They susequently ran down the fleeing Wardancers, while the other unit killed the spellsinger hiding at the back of the board. The Corsairs + dreadlord butchered some glade guard to the last elf (overkill!) while the hydra killed the other unit. My sorceress was shot out of her unit by some glade guard :(
The BG anvil is a crazy build and can reliably hold two units at bay for turn after turn - never leave home without it! My opponent walked into a few traps, such as the assassin in the shades, and really fed me vp's turn after turn.
Last edited by Lordmonkey on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

New Page of the thread, new ladder.

75 - niceas (90, 15 )
74 - Cathel (90, 16 )
67 - Alkatchoff (93, 26 )
53 - TheDemolishedMan (64, 11 )
48 - The Golden Arrow (60, 12 )
39 - 22over7 (54, 15 )
28 - Romulus68 (35, 7 )
26 - Omnichron (33, 7 )
25 - LordMonkey (30, 5 )
23 - Thomus Darkblade (28 ,5 )
18 - Vicinity (22, 4 )
15 - Archon_Matt (18, 3 )
15 - Silverheimdall (18, 3 )
15 - WalrusM3 (20, 5 )
13 - Cat-the-odd (19, 6 )
13 - Dangerous Beanz (19, 6 )
10 - Aspiring Executioner (12, 2 )
10 - Coeur de Lion (14, 4 )
10 - Dalamar (12, 2 )
10 - fea Keme (12, 2 )
10 - Gh9st (13, 3 )
8 - SkaerKrow (11, 3 )
5 - Camaris (6, 1 )
5 - Gear22 (8, 3 )
5 - Layne (8, 3 )
5 - Malcom (8, 3 )
5 - Mekhet (6, 1 )
5 - Rebmonk (6, 1 )
5 - shinankoku (6, 1 )
5 - Wrath (6, 1 )
3 - - Human (4, 1 )
3 - Malekith's psychologist (5 , 2 )
3 - Sirius Dragonbrood (4, 1 )
0 - Fuzzydeath (1, 1 )

Also, I don't mind questions being asked in relation to other peoples batreps, but please at least post one battle report yourself, just so this thread stays within topic and isn't used/seen as being used for spam.

Also, I noticed several people posting one battle report after another in the thread using seperate posts. If you are going to post several reports in one day, especially within minutes of each other, then try to use a single post. I know you can forget about a game until 10 minutes later but please try to just edit your post and add in the additional game, I do not update the table for every post only 1 time every day at the most.

Thank you, I should have clarified this earlier and this will help to keep the thread running nice and smooth.

Remember that the titles before your summary etc

Username
Result
Game Size
Opponent's Army
Special Circumstances
50-100 Word Summary

Should be written in bold by using the following commands

Code: Select all

[b] Username
Result
Game Size
Opponent's Army
Special Circumstances
50-100 Word Summary [/b]

Keep up the good work, also welcome to the new members of the league, TheDemolishedMan and Gh9st.

Thank you all for participating in the league!
Last edited by Zardock on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Thedemolishedman
Warrior

Post by Thedemolishedman »

The Demolished Man
Result Massacre Win
Game Size 2250
Opponent's Army High Elves
Special Circumstances None
50-100 Word Summary

HE: Mtd Prince, Noble. Foot Noble, Scroll caddy, 2 units of DP, 1 Silver Helms, 20 Swordmasters, 2 x 10 Bow, 5 Reavers, 10 Shadow warriors, 2 Bolties.
DE: L4 Dark Peg, L2, L2, Master BSB, Assassin, 2 x 10 RXB, 2 x 5 Shades, 2 x Harpies, 18 Warriors, 5 DR, 2 Bolties, Hydra.
Very little terrain - woods diagonally opposite corners, House and hill in the other corners. I took the house side to give me somewhere to hide. He got first turn and shot me up badly. All 3 of my girls miscast on T1, but still managed to draw a scroll. T2 his DP's positioned to charge, and his Silver Helms charge a Shade unit - their Assassin (RoK, ToD, XHW, Cloak) was a nasty surprise, but the SH held. T2 saw 2 more miscasts, but also the last scroll drawn. Harpies and Shades move to divert the DP. Hydra lumbers towards the Bolties and Assassin finishes the Silver Helms. T3 he was diverted, and in my half the Hydra sorted out both Bolties, and my girls finally got their act together. After that it was just mopping up. Seven miscasts in four turns is a new record for me.
2009 - Bought: 1574, Painted: 698, Sold: 18
This year I will paint more than I buy.
Oh dear! This is not going well. Isn't the second number supposed to go up too?
Niceas
Warrior

Post by Niceas »

niceas
Result : Win
Game Size : 1500
Opponent's Army : Chaos Daemons (Nurgle/Tzeentch)
Special Circumstances : Mighty Empires, Scouts (his favour)
50-100 Word Summary
So, because of a special Mighty Empires rule, my opponent got to make me set up first and he got the first turn. He brought two blocks of Nurgle and a block of Tzeentch, a beast of nurgle, with a herald in each unit. He had 8 power dice and two bound items. On the whole, I stalled him while I got into position, sacrificing my two cavalry units to the Tzeentch daemons. The Execs + assassin wiped out a unit of his plaguebearers, and the Blackguard and Hyrda stalled the other unit until the execs could get turned around. On the whole, not a challenging game - more or less I just held him up and picked him apart.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to Date!

Zardock (Group 27)

Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

Username: Cathel
Result: Win (Massacre)
Game Size: 1500
Opponent's Army: High Elves
50-100 Word Summary:
DE: 2*5 DR, 5 harpies, 2 lv 2, assassin, 6 shades, 2*10 rxb, 5 COK, 1 COC, Hydra
HE: 2 lv2, 10 bowmen, 5 DP with combat character, 2 lion chariots, 2*5 fast cav, RBT, eagle

Magic was a definite game winner for me. Killed 4 bowmen in my first round, soulstealer on the Dragon princes made me smile even more.
On the second round my shades charged one chariot (fled of the board) due to the assassin displacing one shade. They killed off one mage, too.
His eagle flew behind my lines too march block and rear charge, got charged by my harpies. They fluffed their attacks (not a single wound out of 8 attacks) and were run off the board.
His second chariot charged my DR, which lost, fled and were caught but brought his chariot into a wood, Sorc finished it off with chillwind.
The Hydra only saw close combat in the last round, charging a lone mage. But acted well as a threat and kept his units out off some areas.

In the last round his mounted hero and one mage were left. The mage facing the hydra charge and his hero vs both sorceresses casting and shooting from COC and 3 DR.
I lost: assassin, shades, all rxb 5+2 DR and the harpies.

My friend already starts to wonder how the HE can keep us from retaking Ulthuan.
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Lordmonkey
Corsair

Post by Lordmonkey »

Sorry about that Zardock, i'll stick to the Battle Reports in future :)

Result: Win (Massacre)
Opponent's Army: Gnoblar Hordes
50-100 Word Summary:
DElves: 2*5 DR, 2*5 harpies, 1 caddy, assassin, 7 shades, 2*10 rxb, 14 BG, Hag BSB + CoB, Dreadlord, 13 Corsairs, Hydra, 2 RBT's.
Gnoblars: Um. Aout 200 of various kinds (8 blocks of 20+ and then skirmishers, slingers, etc everywhere)+ 5 Yhetees and a Scraplauncher.

Gnoblars filled their deployment zone. Delves sat mainly on the left half while rxb's, harpies, Dr's and shades held the other. Long story short, Sharp stuff and slings pose no real threat at long range and the game consisted of systematically shooting + panicking the enemy off the board, unit by unit (including the yhetees). The scraplauncher misfired turn 2 and charged a friendly unit, killing half and panicking the rest before being destroyed. The Hydra advanced and took the brunt of the Gnoblar shooting before being finsihed off in combat by manbiters (str 5!). After that though most of the gnoblars had run away and my BG, corsairs + 7-attack general mowed down the rest in cc. An easy victory.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to Date!

@Lordmonkey, It's ok but thank you, that'll help the thread be easier for me to find peoples battle reps.

Zardock (Group 27)

Niceas
Warrior

Post by Niceas »

niceas
Opponent's Army : Empire gunline
Special Circumstances : Mighty Empires, Elite army (his favour)
50-100 Word Summary
This was my first time facing a gunline. He brought an extra 240 points to the table, and had a pair of volley guns, a pair of mortars, and a pair of cannon. Add to that pistoliers, greatswords, Inner Circle Knights, handgunners, crossbowmen...

He rolled consistently high the entire game - which really ended up costing him. He fled from a Blackguard charge with his pistoliers which ran through an panicked his general's unit (the IC knights) at one point - they fled off the table... His Wizard also failed a terror test against the Hydra and fled off the board. He managed to kill the hydra (it had a CoB ward and I failed all the saves from 5 successful crossbow wounds...)

In the end we both had a good time. I left the field with 4 black guard, 4 dark riders, 2 harpies, 8 crossbowmen, a wounded Assassin and the cauldron of blood. He had 3 crossbowmen (detachment), 10 Handgunners and a mortar left. We determined that the end result was a solid victory for the Dark Elves.
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Username: cat-the-odd
Result: LOSS
Game Size: 1500 P
Opponent's Army: Bretonia
Special Circumstances: -
DE: Master(chariot), master, lvl2, Assassin, 18 Spr, 11 Csr, 5 DR, 6 Shades, 9 Exec, RBT
Bret: Gen, Ast, caddy, 3x5 Errand, 3x5 Knights, 4 Pegasi, 5 GrailK.
50-100 Word Summary: Ouch. I was wiped out in Turn 4.
Well it was the my first game using unpainted figures and vs. Brets a crappy setup. I know how I deserved this loss. It started with having only one useful spell (tried a new mage setup), I failed two charges by misguessing outrageously (my opponent wasn't kind enough to tell that these were more like 18", not 14"...). I opened a flank by not looking correctly and I fled, not thinking of the long distance the cavalery can go.
Lessons learned: Play more often, paint more, buy more troops (3 chars and an assassin are too much), stick to my usual magic setup, wait for charges, 14" are quite short and paint more. What a disaster.
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Niceas
Warrior

Post by Niceas »

I would like to report that the Druchii have prevailed in the local mighty empires campaign - I was named the victor last night.

niceas
Result : Win (MV)
Opponent's Army : Goblins
Special Circumstances : Nothing particular
50-100 Word Summary
This game was characterized by extremes in luck - mine sucked, his was amazing. I managed to miscast on turn one, blowing my poor mage to smithereens - he put out 3 total powers by turn 3. On the whole, it was a very fun game, and things were looking grim until the final turn - at which point the luck reversed, he miscast three times (!), and I managed to squeek out the victory.

niceas
Opponent's Army : High Elves
Special Circumstances : Grudge match
50-100 Word Summary
So I got challenged to a game by one of the regulars. I spanked him pretty bad last game we played, and he wanted revenge. His luck was less than exceptional, and my dice seemed to have decided to make up for the last game (see above). Turn one, I managed to kill his dragon mage and inflict 3 wounds on his dragon - with a unit of 10 Crossbowmen... His Lion chariot charged my blackguard - inflicted a single impact hit (killing the blackguard) - and promptly died to my halberds... In then end, it was an incredibly one-sided game unfortunately. He's indicated that he's going to lick his wounds and come back for another try.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to date!

Congrats niceas for winning mighty empires.

Zardock (Group 27)

Thedemolishedman
Warrior

Username - TheDemolishedMan
Result - Massacre Win
Game Size - 2250
Opponent's Army - High Elves
Special Circumstances - MK Massacre comp rules
50-100 Word Summary

HE: Noble on Stardragon, L2 and L1 caddy, 2 x 5 DP, 3 x 10 Bow, 2 x 5 Shadow W, 1 x 5 Reavers, 2 Bolties, Eagle
DE: L4 Dark Peg, L2, L2, Master BSB, Assassin, 2 x 10 RXB, 2 x 5 Shades, 2 x Harpies, 18 Warriors, 5 DR, 2 Bolties, Hydra.
An odd terrain split. One side had nothing to hide behind and luckily I won the roll and gave it to my opponent. T1 both my Reapers fire on the Stardragon, one fails to wound whilst the other kills the rider stone dead. The Dragon then proceeds to fly towards my lines, takes 3 wounds from my T2 shooting, but then lands in my lines - a failed terror test sees my spear block with Master flee. I try to prevent the stardragon chasing them off with my assassin, but he only does two wounds and dies. Meanwhile, my sorceresses have been using a building to blast way at the Dragon Princes, killing one unit quickly. The SS on DP has flown over into the HE lines and hiding behind a forest, uses her FF to blast apart the HE firing line. She even managed to finish off the stardragon with a Bladewind (of all things), but only after it had eaten one of the shade units.
At the end the HE had lost everything, except for 10 Bow and the 5 Reavers. I'd lost the spears, master, one unit of shades, a reaper and a unit of Harpies.

Only 2 miscasts this time - both a free spell for my opponent.
Niceas
Warrior

Post by Niceas »

niceas
Opponent's Army : WoC
50-100 Word Summary
Played a game against a new opponent - a solid opponent who had a bit of misfortune at a key juncture in the game. He brought 2 units of 12 warriors (one marked with Tzeentch, one with Nurgle), a unit of 5 Knights (nurgle, but with the frenzy banner), a level 1 and a level 2 nurgle sorceror, a unit of dogs, a hero marked with Slaanesh, and two units of mounted marauders. We didn't get to see the way the game would really have played out because I managed to land enough wounds on his Nurgle warriors unit which promptly failed the panic test and was destroyed along with both sorcerers. With such a devastating loss, the game became a mop-up excercise. I'm looking forward to the rematch.

niceas
Game Size : 2000
Opponent's Army : Beasts of Chaos
50-100 Word Summary
This game was a reminder that the old BoC list is still a viable army (well, maybe not against VC and Daemons...) An interesting game - my opponents timidity to commit was certainly a major cause of his defeat. Had he been prepared to go all in the game might have turned out differently. Instead, though, I was able to stretch his lines and pick him apart. The humerous part of the game was a Reaper crew holding off a unit of Gors and Ungors for two full turns right before the game was called.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to date.

Congratulations niceas! Welcome to the top of the Table, by 1 point you beat Cathel!

Zardock (Group 27)

Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Username: cat-the-odd
Result: DRAW
Game Size: 1500 P
Opponent's Army: Wood Elfs
Special Circumstances: -
DE: Master(chariot,CD), lvl2(Book,Powerstone), Assassin(rune), 20 Spr(cmd,shd), 18 Csr(cmd), 5 DR(m,rxb),6 Harpy, 6 Shades(bs), 15 Exec(cmd), RBT
WE: Caddy, BSB(Doom), 5x8 Dryads, 2x5 Kournos, 2x10 Archers, 5 Waywatch, 5 Dancers(mus)
50-100 Word Summary: Many Dryads but no big guys? Good!
I read the tactics book and decided to set a refused flank. It worked! Harpies let one flank play around for 3 turns. Shades on tha same flank harrassed well, too.
Charged in turn 2 with the Generals car into Dryads and overran into Kuornos. Got 2 Dryad units in the flank, but hed and wiped the m out with executioners help. Assasin ate one unit Kuornos before they did anything and the waywatch later.
Sorceress managed decent magic, scaring the opponent. A successful BHorror on the Dancers+General+BSB might have given me the win there.
A good game!
Lesson learned: Mind skirmishers 360deg LOS. My General held, but could have been cut down easiely. Plan ahead - I might have got one unit Archers with more carefulness. I love my Sorceress' setup.

@ Zardock: My games count is confused. That's my 6th game. Thanks for the ladder :-).
../¨¨¨|
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to date.

@ Cat: sorry that was me only updating your score and not the game count. all fixed now :D .

Zardock (Group 27)

Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Sorry Zardock from My side again,
but I think I only arrive at 13 (19/6) with that last draw.
CATR

PS: I'm german - being correct is in my blood ;-)
../¨¨¨|
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Ok I've completely messed up the maths Cat, somewhere down the line I've done something stupid. Thanks for the correction, I'll put that up right away.

Zardock (Group 27)

Thedemolishedman
Warrior

Three games at the Milton Keynes Massacre at the weekend. Finished 7th.

Username: TheDemolishedMan
Result: Massacre Win
Opponent's Army: Vampire Counts
Special Circumstances: MK Massacre comp
50-100 Word Summary: VC: Lord on Dragon, Fighty BSB, Fight Foot Vamp, 20 Ghouls, 2 x 10 Skeletons, 2 x 5 Dire Wolves, 5 Fell Bats, Vargulf, 8 Wraiths.
DE: L4, L2, L2, BSB, Assasin (RS,MB), 3 x 10 XBow, 5 Dark Riders, 2 x 5 Harpies, 2 x 7 Shades, Hydra, 2 Bolties.
Some bad luck at the start saw me fail some Terror tests, but eventually recover killing the Dragon in my turn 5, and the lord turn 6. 5 Bladewinds over a number of tunrs dealt with the Wraiths which had been causing me big problems. Only the Magic and BSB can deal with them and I could do with something more reliable.

Opponent's Army: High Elves
Special Circumstances: MK Massacre Comp
50-100 Word Summary:
HE: Lord on Foot, BSB, Caddy, 20+ Phoenix Guard, 20+ White Lions, 5 Dragon Princes, 2 x 10 Spears, 5 Shadow Warriors, 2 Chariots, 2 Bolties.
DE: L4, L2, L2, BSB, Assasin (RS,MB), 3 x 10 XBow, 5 Dark Riders, 2 x 5 Harpies, 2 x 7 Shades, Hydra, 2 Bolties.
My army is an awful matchup for his. Still his units are resilient and I don't have much luck with my Magic, both of my L2's miscasting (one killed herself). Gradually I wore his army down and had we had enough time for turn 6 then I'd have finished him off completely.

Result: Massacre Win
Opponent's Army: Vampire Counts
Special Circumstances: MK Massacre comp
50-100 Word Summary:
VC: Lord, BSB (L2), Vamp (L2) all on foot, Wight King, 5 x 12 Ghouls, 2 x 5 Bats, 2 x 5 Wolves, 2 Corpse Carts, 5 Wraiths plus Banshee.
Ghoul spam with 12PD, plus 3 bounds. In my opponents first turn he used 3 dice on curse of years and 9 single die invocations, a pattern he repeated every turn. smoked out all his scrolls in turn one, blasted 8 wounds off the Wraiths in turn two, so he was eager to get the Wraiths engaged, too eager and he recklessly engaged the unit with my unkillable master. My opponent wasn't happy when he realised what he was facing, and Mr Choppy made short work of the Wraiths. I sent out the Hyrda and Assasin to chomp through one unit of Ghouls and fired everything I had into another. Finally overpowering the raising. We only managed 4 turns, but I was comfortably ahead.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to date :D .

Zardock (Group 27)