Chaos Dwarfs and Dark Elves allied against Wood Elves

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Bassman76
Highborn

Chaos Dwarfs and Dark Elves allied against Wood Elves

Post by Bassman76 »

Hello,
this is not exactly a battle report but I like to tell you an episode happened during a battle I played with my Chaos Dwarfs and my Dark Elves (1200+1200 points) against Wood Elves (2400 points).

I had a master on cold one with pendant of Kaleth in a regiment of 5 cold ones ready to charge into a Treeman (the smaller one) supported by an entire regiment of Chaos Dwarfs with warbanner and full ranks. This was in the middle of the heath of the battle (turn 3) ready for the slaughter.
What happened? Faled stupidity test, of course, cold ones stumped on for 3,5" inches... just in range for the charge of the treeman next turn!
Luckily my heartshaket took care of the treeman slowing it down.

Woodies turn, ten archers shoot my cold ones, 5 hits, 5 wounds and rolled armor saves ..... 4 ones/two. Just a damn cold one knight survived....
Panic test anyone? Failed, of course, and they run stopping just 3 inches from the border.

Next turn, cold ones regrouped and tested for stupidity again... failing the test again! Walking 3,5" the moved outside of the table.

My next turn they come back and tested stupidity... failing again! :(

I finally managed to move them in the 6 turn doing nothing important....

3 stupidity tests failed in a row and a panic test failed...

Luckily the rest of the army took care of the woodies and I ended with a large victory.

Just final question: is it correct if my unit get out of the border because of stupidity, it can come back again? Or shall it be considered lost like if it run out of the table?

Thank you. :)
when you go down, go down fighting!!

if you hang around Milan:

www.milantour.net

Special cultural events in Milan? Pretige locations for your company?

www.milanoarte.net
Slortor
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Slortor »

well on the turn you rally you dont have to test for stupidity as rallying is done after compulsory tests and as the Cold Ones were fleeing when they would have tested for stupidity they didnt have to.

As to moving off because of stupidity - i would say they can come back, providing they pass the next turns stupidity check first, otherwise they should just go further off the board (although that may not be supported ruleswise)
Name: Khalia D'Vaarko (meaning: Khalia, property of Vaarko)
Height/Weight: 5'6", 8 stone
Other: no distinguishing features, barring the brand of a great house left wrist.
Class: Mage
Equipment: Robes, Dagger, Staff
Skills: Power of Ulgu, Power of Chamon
Stats: Ws3, S3, T3, D4, I5

lrnec wrote: Reality and truth is more brutal than almost any fantasy game
Bassman76
Highborn

Post by Bassman76 »

Slortor wrote:well on the turn you rally you dont have to test for stupidity as rallying is done after compulsory tests and as the Cold Ones were fleeing when they would have tested for stupidity they didnt have to.

As to moving off because of stupidity - i would say they can come back, providing they pass the next turns stupidity check first, otherwise they should just go further off the board (although that may not be supported ruleswise)

First statement sounds ok, it was odd to test two times, once for rallying the other for stupidity, in the same turn.

Second statement sounds reasonable, as if they do not pass stupidity test they shall not be able to come back.
I just want to be sure they can come back..... :)
when you go down, go down fighting!!

if you hang around Milan:

www.milantour.net

Special cultural events in Milan? Pretige locations for your company?

www.milanoarte.net
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

I think it's all wrong - once they fail a Stupidity test they're Immune to Psychology until they pass one - so they don't have to take a Panic check when shot. Also I'm pretty sure that if you make a compulsory movement off the table, you stay off.

Also welcome back Bassdude.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite