Old 6th member army blog, rise to powah!!!

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Medved
Beastmaster

Old 6th member army blog, rise to powah!!!

Post by Medved »

RECORD: 0W-2L-0D :cry:

Well, after some time away from gaming (i stopped for school/job reasonsjust before the errata in 6th ed), im back with more time playing my favorite and only army again, trying to win some games :P

Fist think ill say, many units i used or had paint in 6th ed are not really asmuch use anymore(cor, rbt, coc..) while some old underdogs are back in business and i still need to get them (hydra,BG,dragon,etc.)

So with this in mind, i picked up some stuff still decently painted (or not at all for the BG…) and started my trip to get back in gamewinng business again :P

Heres the list i played 2 times this week :
char
Death hag+cauldron
Master : ha,sdc,shield,steed,Pendant,soulrender,BsB,rxb
Sorceress : lvl2 2scroll
Assassin : star,manbane,ahw

units
15 warrior fcm,shield
20 warrior fcm,war banner,shield
5 DR,mus,rxb
5 DR,mus,rxb
10 RXB warrior ,shield
10 corsair,SSS,std
15 BG,fcm,BoHg,RoH
1 hydra

Game1 : LOST
First game was vs tomb king, something like this :
3 mage
1 tomb lord
4 carrion
2 scorp
2 catapult
5 fast cav
3 chariot
25 skelies
20 tomb guard

I got Chillwind and WoP

catapult were Deadly, got some misfire but with magic was shooting alot. Had BG under ward save blessing, DR were turn back with some well placed scorpion+magic charge. BsB took care of the chariot and catapult bu the end. Hydra got squased by catapult. 16 attacks from cor blessed by CoB bounced on scorpion and got charged on the spear after… Tomb lord in the end run down BG and CoB général, with all the cc fight during TK magic phase… Magic was useless for me most game.

Bottom line : magic heavy tomb king really hurt me, i wasnt able to kill his mage so he was doing what he wanted for most of the game… The missed charge by the cor also open my whole right flank and i got pummeled

Game2 : LOST
Dark elf vs Dark elf !
Dragon lord with pendant+Crimson death
Hag with brew and RoK in spear
Sorc lvl2 on steed
Assassin with manbane ,RoK,ahw (in shade)
25 spear (hag in them)
5 harpies
5 harpies
10 RxB warrior ,shield
10 RxB warrior ,shield
6 Cok,fcm,BoHg
7 shade,champ,LA,GW,rxb
1 hydra

I got chillwind and Bladewind
This one want better, but i had abyssal luck on leadership test lol

I refused flank, so had only DR vs 10 rxb that never did anything and the shade on left flank. Right flan kwas empty except my hydra and DR vs 10 other rxb+25 spear and hag. Hydra in the end had run rxb,hag and spear(she ate the hag lol).

On the center, well went worse…
Got first turn, both spell on shade in a tower got dispel, BG Under Ward for a good part of game, assassin got out and knocked 2 wound on dragon, but then went downhill….

Dragon panicked the 15 warrior with breath…made them+sorc run off board with assassin failing terror and running of board too…then went in BG back…
Rxb got eaten by hydra then BG got charged by hydra,with att+ help turn it back.
cor as screen got run down by Cok, who turned back after hittin warrior with warbanner.
BsB killed opposing sorc with well placed rxb, while DR on left flank shot down harpies. Then the dragon and BG enhanced by KB battle for 3 turn…never getting a single kill shot on lord…DR tried charged in back of dragon also Under KB blessing…5 wound no killing blow…
BsB meanwhile got charged by shade an assassin, horse finished assassin while champ an 2 shade got killed, one left held…dragon after finishing BG hit Bsb, missed all 5 PoK save on my BsB..great lol
Hydra rallied and finished my 20 spear with warbanner after 2 round of combat.
Opponent claimed 3 quarter+banner and Bsb..close one but not running down the shade, and missing bucket of KB after right in first turn losing all magic got me in the end :P

So in conclusion :
1-Needed more magic i guess, but was mainly bad luck,. but i usualy in the past played with 2 lvl2

2-Hydra and BG are effectivly no brainer and hit like truck, combined with bleesing

3- the Bsb steed was great, but one question that arised, to you claim CR for Bsb+std, or it only give +1 for Bsb,not+2 ?
confirmed i was working under assumption,bad me
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=61359

4-i got charged to much, my screen bothered me more than anything else and thats wut i need to work on.

5- assassin with star is just lol, perfect for juicy target, im always gonna fine it funny to Knock a dragon with that little guy, hadnt had lost him+spear+sorc in one phased, coulda put more pressure on dragon.
Last edited by Medved on Sat May 09, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dalamar: 03/10/2013 "Yes, we are the epitome of glass cannon now. In fact the cannon is so powerful that it's possible for it to damage itself."
7ed: 23-3-3 W-D-L
Kalthorn
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kalthorn »

1) I myself play with ROH and a level 1 sorc with 2 scrolls plus MR1 on 1 unit...
Its decent magic defence...

2)Aye...

3)+2

Just remember that gw now on mounted characters gives you only +1Str and makes you strike last. So halberd is better since you strike with initiative.

And try to use harpies a bit, them being core now and taking advantage of the crossfire 7th ed special rule :D
Medved
Beastmaster

Post by Medved »

yah i know for harpies, but i still need to convert some, but ill defenitly use them.

i also need to remember about cross-fire rule, cant seem to sink in my head to maximise its use lol
Dalamar: 03/10/2013 "Yes, we are the epitome of glass cannon now. In fact the cannon is so powerful that it's possible for it to damage itself."
Medved
Beastmaster

Post by Medved »

Kalthorn wrote:1) I myself play with ROH and a level 1 sorc with 2 scrolls plus MR1 on 1 unit...
Its decent magic defence...

im pretty sure too, but vs TK it was pretty useless :P
in the second game it went well, but vs TK 1 dice casting with 3 mage +lord, bleh is all i can say