2500 point Tournement

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Shiakhan
Warrior

2500 point Tournement

Post by Shiakhan »

Went to a 50 person 2 day event in January. The point limit was 2500 points, no special characters, player comp, sports, and of course painting.

It is a event have been to for the past 5 years. The lists run the gambit of insane power to fun lists, if you take something a little underpowered be prepared for a beat down by the super tweked upper list. This tournement decided on something a little different for the darkies, will dark elves are powerful the list I took was not optimized. Just wanted something with a little of everything. Here is the list;

Supreme sorceress: lvl 4, lifetaker, dispel scroll, darkstar cloak.

Noble on Manticore: blood armour, seal of ghrond, halberd, sdc, shield

Noble BSB: pearl, soulrender, full mundane

12 xbow: musc, champ

19 spearelves: full command, war banner

6 dark riders: xbow, musc

6 dark riders: Xbow, musc

6 harpies

12 Black Gaurd: asf banner, full command, crimson death

Chariot

10 executioners: champ, musc

6 shades: great weapons

2X reaper bolt thrower

Hydra

So with 7 PD, 5 DD, and one scroll, 60+ bolts flying throw the air, and some combat units I was ready to go.

So with no overall plan, I just decided to wing it as I go. And if gets to rough I'll point the hydra at the problem and hope it goes away.

This may get long and weird at times as english is my first and only language and I suck at it. (All the props for people that can talk and learn different langauges). So anyway onto the games.
And no pictures as I always forget the thing when I'm playing.

Game 1: Ohhh the joys of playing a death star list.

So I roll up to the table and see a warriors of chaos army with two blocks of warriors, 2 units fast cav., some knights, 2 chariots, and a marauder brick. So was thinking was going to use my mobility to harass and annoy the foot sloggers and use shooting to contain fast cav. And use hydra and manticore to attack knights and try to combo charge warrior units. That was the plan.

So the game was blind set up hidden lists. You roll for spells before setup so I roll my 4 spells, then he procceds to roll 4 for lord, 3 for little buddy wizard(spell familiar), then 2 more for his other little helper, all nurgle spells, and of course 1 for book of secrets for good measure, he was using that to "smooth out" his magic phase. So only 12 power dice a turn(had power familiar in ther too just to make sure it was a good even number). Against 5 DD was gonna have to be selective in there use so basically 7 PD unaccounted for a turn, Go me!

After he pulled away blind I noticed that those two warrior blocks I seen at beginging where one giant unit with 4 characters in it. Had a bad feeling about that unit, and the chariots where actually 2 war shrines, so that bad feeling was getting stronger, and when he rolled on eye of the god chart the light bulb went off. I was facing a chosen deathstar unit. Deployed 9 or 10 wide 4 deep. This was gonna be tough.

Game coming up.