Wood Elves vs Empire ETC comp lists

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Polfus
Slave on the Altar

Wood Elves vs Empire ETC comp lists

Post by Polfus »

So i just got my second tree man and second unit of tree kin, and finally got in a game to try out my new list which was:

Me:
Lords: 675
Treeman ancient: 375
Annoyance of nettlings, CoR (1+ dispel dice)

Spellweaver: 300
lvl 4 life, dispel scroll
ruby ring of ruin

Hero: 196

Noble: 198
Bsb, Shield, light armor,
Great eagle, GW, PoF, Dragon
helm, Amarathine brooch

Core: 684

12x Gladeguard: 150
musi
musi
musi
11x Gladeguard: 138
musi
10x Dryads: 120

Special: 780

6x Treekin: 390
6x Treekin: 390

Rare: 335
Great eagle: 50
Treeman: 285

He had: Just about the russian empire ETC list
lvl 4 light with magic resist 3
general on waralter or so (had banishement and some other spells as bound) with a 1+ save or so and 4+ ward i think
2x lvl 1 wizzards with items that didnt come into play
2x 5 knights with musi
6 demigryphs with banner and musi
the chariot that gives +1 power dice and bubble with +1 to hit
steam tank
39 swordsmen with full command and 10x skirmish archers detatchment
1x great cannon
bsb on pegasus with 1+ reroll save

deployment:

His army from my left to right:
Outriders (the fast cav), steam tank behind them, 1x knights, cannon with the 1+ to hit bubble chariot behind, swordsmen (with detatchment), demigrypths with archlector on chariot thing behind them, knights. His lvl 4 and 1 lvl 1 went into swordsmen while the last mage went in with the detatchment, the bsb went behind the swordsmen.

My setup from my left to right: Archers (1), tree kin (1), Tree man ancient behind them, archers (2), archers (3) (with wizzard), archers (4), tree kin (2), tree man, the eagle went infront of the tree kin (2) unit and the bsb went on my left infront of the tree kin and tree man ancient

Terrain: In front of the tree kin (1) and tree man ancient + bsb was a hill (the archer (1) unit was on the side of this hill to kill his outriders, but before the game started he found out he didnt have them, then removed them which put my archer unit way out of place). My archer unit (3) with general was in the middle of a wood, My tree kin (2) and tree man where hiding behind a rock (impassible) On his side was a hill on the far right side and a forest on the right side (these didnt come into play), a house was in between my tree kin (2) and his demigryphs on the right side of his tank was a rock.. . In the middle of the board but between my hill and forest was a puddle (water). That didnt really come that much into play. it looked somthing like this

.............................Chariot with 1+ hit bubble)..Peg bsb......... War alter..................................Forest........Hill
Tank....(Rock)...Knights(1) Cannon Swordsmen Detachment ........Demigryphs........................Knights (2)

..........................Puddle of water..................................................... House

..........................................................................................................................Rocks
Archers (1)...Hill.......................Archers (2)...................................................................Eagle
...........Tree kin + treeman ancient + bsb.......Dryads)..... Forest with archers (3) and general.........Tree kin (2) + tree man

He got all the light spells ofc, and for life i got Throne of vines, shield of thorns, regrowth and dwellers

He won first turn and moved the tank up, the knights (2) to the right side of the building, Shuffled some other stuff around and put his peg hero behind the house with the detatchment aswell. The demi gryphs moved to the left side of the house.
For magic he rolled decent (cant remember), but didnt get any spells off exept a banishment on my archers (2) unit killing 2. The cannon killed 1 tree kin (2), his tank cannon didnt do any wounds.

My turn my eagle noble flew to the other side of the hill (so it could charge the cannon). My eagle flew behind the house (out of sight of his bsb). My tree man moved in front of the rocks to intercept his knights (2). tree kin + ancient moved closer to hill, and i shuffled the archers a little. For spells i rolled decent aswell, but didnt get anything good threw, just shield of thorns on my tree man :o
For shooting my archer (1 and 2) killed the cannon, the rest shot at his demi's but no wounds.

Empire turn 2: He moved his knight (2) unit past my tree man, his knight (1) unit moved closer to my archer (1) unit, and the tank went the same way. For magic he got nothing threw i think, atleast nothing that did anything worthwhile. His tank shot my archer (1) killing 2. His detatchment shot my eagle causing no wounds.

Wood elves turn 2. Since the cannon was dead, i charged my bsb into his swordsmen, hoping to kill the lvl 4 mage. my eagle charged the detatchment who was about 6" away, so no stand and shoot. the tree man turned around to face the knights (this was a REALLY STUPID thing, should have kept going past the house). my tree kin (2) moved behind the house looking towards the left to charge the demi's if they moved forward. the tree kin(1) and ancient moved up on the hill rdy to take on the tank and knights (1). Magic saw the tree kin (2) unit get the one dead model down to full wounds. Shooting did 2 wounds to the demi's :)
Close combat: He challanged my bsb, i did 1 wound with my eagle so my noble couldnt hit back, i lost by 1 but held. My other eagle did 1 wound to his mage, he did 1 wound to me but he held (forgot stomp).

Empire turn 3: He moved the knight (1) unit past my ancient and tree kin. Knight (2) failed march test so moved up 7 or so. the +1 hit bubble chariot moved to face my bsb. His tank moved up a little to shoot my tree man, but he was very close.
Magic did nothing i think, and the tank overshot my treeman. close combat, my eagle killed his lvl 1, and stomped 1 guy, he did 1 wound in return and held. His other lvl 1 challanged my bsb, and i did 3 wounds, losing combat by 1, but held.

Wood elves turn 3: My tree man charged his knight (2) in the rear, my tree man ancient + tree kin (1) charged his tank. My archers (1) succeeded march test, but failed free reform, so was stuck with their rear facing the knights (had they succeeded they would get behind the hill -.-). I shot the demi's again for no wounds. Magic saw throne of vines up, but nothing more. My treeman crushed 3 kngiths who fled, he restrained. my eagle killed 2 archers before dying. My bsb did 2 wounds to his lvl 4, and held. My tree man ancient + tree kin did 3 wounds to the tank.

Empire turn 4: His knight (1) charged my archers who fled, got cut down. his chariot thing charged my bsb in the flank, everything els shuffled. Magic saw him trying timewarp (double mov) on the knights (was second try) but failed. He did a banishment on my general's archer unit, killing 3. His tank did 5 wounds to my tree kin, and i saved all (???).. his flamethrower then did 4 wounds. I did 2 or 3 and held. The chariot got 2 impact hits, doing 1 wound and i saved it. My eagle killed his lvl 4, and my bsb did 2 wounds to the chariot, and held.

Wood elves turn 4: I shuffled my archers a little and went to magic. I recast shield of thorns on my tree kin (1) to help with the tank (but totally forgot these). Shooting at the demi's did 0 wounds. i did some wounds on the tank (down to 3 now), my bsb did another 2 wounds to his chariot and eagle killed 1-2 swordsmen, held.

Empire turn 5: His knight (1) unit charged my tree kin (1) in the rear (i think this was wrong, can you reform after running down an enemy?). He finally decided to move his demi's up, around the corner to be charged next turn by my tree kin (2). As he didnt have any mages anymore, he didnt get that much threw with bound spells. His bsb charged my bsb this turn, and i was stupid enough to challange him, failed totally and died (cus he is bsb and cant flee -.-). His knights did some wounds, i did 1 or 2 in return, my treekin failed and ran, got away. I totally forgot to write my dryads up so far, but they had gottan in front of this battle to help out my bsb next turn, but got overrun into the rear by knight (1). My tree man held.

Wood elves turn 5: My tree kin charged his demi's. My mage unit moved up to regrowth the tree kin (1) who rallied, who was down to 3 models. I got it off and healed 7 wounds (so all 3 models got back). My tree man moved up to charge demi's next turn. My ancient finished off the tank with some luck (3 wounds and he failled all 3 saved), but to be fair i did hit the knights the turn before with my tree man, who couldnt even hit them and fluffed his attacks). The dryads lost 2 models and got cut down. My tree kin (2) did decent againt his demi's, but they held.

Empire turn 6: He shuffled around, tryed charging my tree kin(1) with his swordmens but failed (this was good for him, cus they would get 2 rounds of combat + tree man ancient charge next turn, could have destroyed them). rest shuffled a little. banishment on my generals unit saw the rest of the unit dissapear, but he held. demi's and tree kin (2) exchanged some founds but held (tree kin was down 5 wounds total).

Wood elves turn 6: No point in charging my tree kin or tree man ancient, too far away. My tree man charged the demi's. I cast regrowth on tree kin (2) and rolled a 2, so didnt get any new model back. In combat i managed to hit hard and the demi's fled, and i catched them. His general fled from panic, but the rest held.

I got 1300 or so, and he got 780. Victory to the wood elves

I did make some IDIOT moves, like my treeman going after his knight (2) unit, and my bsb challanging his bsb (to be fair he could have challanged me, but he didnt).. if hadnt i could have killed the chariot and got like 150 more vic points. His knight (2) unit i forgot to write more about, but they basicly rallied, my archer (4) unit reformed and shot it down in 2 turns. Should have moved dryads to intercept the knights insted of the tree man. This would allow my tree man to go around the house and flank the demi's, giving me a chance to take them out early and basicly run over his entire army with my tree man and tree kin (2) unit

I lost: BSB, 2x archer units, eagle. Too bad my archer unit failed reform :o

All in all a fun and great game, the first time i test this list, and the first time i actually played this passive, and was a first for him too (he usually goes all cav he said). To be fair i did roll a little over average and he a little under, but well..i did forget to make him test for fear and terror the whole game so