The battle in the swamp, Bayou Battles

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Geist
Noble

The battle in the swamp, Bayou Battles

Post by Geist »

Well after traveling a few hours to the misery that is the foetid heavy air of the swamp lands, I have returned. The army used in these reports can be found in the army rosters under the header of Bayou Battles army.
When I was making the list I was very curious how soft it was ranked in the minds of those that rate the lists. I was happy to see that it was ranked as very soft. As game one showed me just how soft they thought it was.
Game 1 high elves. Mission fire ants, two 3 inch fire ant bases were placed on the battle field, they moved randomly and if they hit a unit they popped out the other side, units touched had to take a dangerous terrain check, where upon failure take a flaming wound with no ar save allowed.
The high elves, very soft army in fact by the end of the event this army was given the new and very funny award of fluffy bunny. Which included a Bunnie doll. The list was roughly the following.
Lvl4, fighter lord, bsb, two reapers, two units of fast cav with out bows, one fire phoenix, 2 12's of archers 20ish sea guard, 20ish of spears 10 of maiden guard with maiden hero girl.
The list was silly easy to fight against and the young lady who ran it was not very good did not her rules very well, but was still a joy to play with and we both had a good laugh about me babysitting here. Often telling her why a charge was a bad idea or when to shoot what with what. Also her dice just hated her. Very fun for both sides and in the end a great game but a total route for her. My first win of day one.

Game 2 demons of chaos. Mission Texas Tea, you each get a barrel that is placed on a core infantry unit. These barrels give 2pts of mr, 6+ regen and other various benefits, but should you break panic or be killed off in combat they have a good chance of going boom. 5 inch template that wounds on a 4+ with no saves of any kind. The rules always have it centering for max damage when it goes off so don't drop the oil.
The list.
Great unclean one, Herald of nurlge, herald, 35 plague bearers 2 cream corn launchers, 2 3 man units of nurlge beasts , 3 man unit of plague fly drone things and a 10 of pinkies. I can not rember what the gifts were that he rolled but none of them really mattered. The two major points of this game, if my first game was playing against a lovely young woman who was a joy to play with then this game was the antis all ways. My history with this man was not just one of displeasure it was of an ill hate that festered for years. I never enjoyed playing against him. That made this victory all the more sweet, for not only did I crush him down to almost nothing I was able to fetch the mission from defeat at the last turn. Despite my lord failing 4 fear checks in a row with the same beast of nurlge unit for roughly 5 turns. Only able to kill one beast on the turn he charged, refusing to do his job and slowly killing them over the course of too many turns. My second win of the day, the gentle pattering of blood was starting to come down in a steady rain as once again my executioners killed all before them.

Game 3 warrior of chaos. Mission power of 10, all types of odd rules that had to do with the number 10. While the idea was very neat it sadly was not stuck to with the total observance it needed. As not only was my foe a joy to play with, as in one who knew his rules and actually was there to have fun. Which included imbibing of a wonderful brown fluid. Which half way through the mission he offered to get me a drink of said fluid. So in middle of game we took a 20min break and were a lil too happy to rember the mission rules. We just knew the game was going to end very soon, as I had him out maneuvered and doom was coming.
The list.
Demon prince of slannesh for ap, 3 chariots, 2 units of skull crushers with banner and musician, 20 something of nurgle warriors, lvl 1 uncle festes bsb. I am sure I am forgetting something like dogs or something, but due to a mishap with the TO his army list was not printed, so I literally have to work off the memory of what models he had. In the end my flying lord was into his demon, and my exes had flank charged a unit of skull crushers who died a horrid screaming death and failed to flank charge his big brick. But they game instead into me and met a horrid death. The over run took me into a position to charge the other unit of skull crushers, which were also wrecked and his chariots tryed to hurt me but it was all for naught. The game ended and I claimed yet another blood spilled orgy. The pattering of blood was now a down pour, khaine had smiled on me and I in turn gave her great heaving of blood and marrow for her choice of offerings.

Game 4 Skaven, before this one starts some things to point out. First I did loose by the mission but by game play I won, and scored enough points to make it effect my tally as a draw. I had said all day Saturday that I fucked up and did too well, going 3 wins usually means day two finds you facing very nasty hard lists. It is this fever that I blame for my simple mistakes that could have lead to yet another full on 20-0 win. As I could have taken the objectives and won handily. The mission was woman of my dreams, you both mark one you want to own and then whoever has their woman gets 3pts and one point for each one after that. 3 markers 3 women, easy enough to get to and hold, yet I decided to place far away from them for reasons I know not.
The list.
Father Squeek lvl 4on a bell, Deacon Squeel lvl 3 plague priest, Deacon Pop lvl2 engineer, Deacon Storm BSB with storm banner. 39 clan rats, 28 clan rats 50 slaves, 10 night runners, 6 gutter runners, 20 plague monks hell pit, doom wheel and 2 cannons warp thrower and ratling gun as well.
A very odd list and not what I expected to face on day 2 going in with 60pts. The player while a great and friendly sort, was highly unable to keep up with my play level or tactical thought, expect in regards to the mission. In this way he had his eyes firmly on the prize while I did not. The units that did me in for the mission were the 10 night runners and the 6 gutter runners. By the end of the game I had lost my 3 units of harpies and he was left with just the 10 of gutters and 6 of night runners. Both his cannons misfired and blew up late in the game, the hell pit lost a round of combat and broke from the dread lord and ran towards the board on his turn meaning the lord could see it off on mine. Exes moved up and killed a doomwheel where flank charged by the massive unit of slaves killed enough to win combat, reformed so that weight of ranks made them break next turn and where into the bell by turn 3. Exes made seer very dead, and turn 2 assassin and bsb made bell extra dead with exes killing all the rest. Repeaters punished the 20 monks and priest before they ever made contact in hand to hand. Storm banner blew out his turn one, I was second go so he turned it on in my turn 1. I was soo in the blood lust that my harpies were used to try and make it to
the cannons, instead of securing the objectives and running off with them. But as stated earlier I killed them all and managed to get a draw points wise. Ignoring the 10 and 6 of runners was a mistake. The blood rain was so heavy now that my senses were dulled I was more akin to a deathless one in its need for blood than my time honored drilling that made me the druchii's finest.

Game 5 The blood lust makes me forget the staples of tactical thought. The mission was a throw back to 7th ed, units were worth half points as they had once been. A game that I should have won mightily against ended up costing me any chance of redeeming myself and moving onward to glory.
The list.
Demon prince of nurlge, Demon prince of slaannesh, BSB on demon mount, sorcerer on a horse scroll ruby ring lvl 1, 5 chaos chariots 2 units of hounds 7 trolls and 7 skullcrushers. My blood haze had me run my exes and lord right up at him, which was foolishness. He angled his units such that all I could get was odd charges with the exes, and while I did manage to kill all but 1 of the chariots the sorcerer the nugle DP (who was general) one unit of dogs and the trolls. He managed ti kill far more, exes, bsb, pot of doom (cauldron of blood), 2 units of harpies, the 28 of repeaters and at the last the mage. While I could have saved the game if I had managed to roll more wounds on his bsb I had him on a rerollable 3 from a rear charge, he failed the first one and then passed the second on double 1's. Such was the might of my method of lil spell attacks that his bsb was down to a 6+ armour save and his 3 ++ ward with rerolls. Though I had several chances the last wound would not stick. This was truly a loss I could have avoided by sticking back casting my magic and setting up for charges where I needed them to be. Instead I moved up and in the simplest of terms lost because I was too eager to shed blood. I gained 9points from this one.
This ended me with a total of 79 out of 100 for the event in battle points.

Point of note, I did get in 2 pick up games on Friday, a young mans demon list which I blew through even after loosing my lord turn one due to the magic madness. The other far more interesting game was a man from Finland of all places a 20 hour plane flight. He played dwarfs, very soft dwarf list and was great fun to play against. He even had a leather bound note book as his actual book of grudges. Lots of fun.
3 days 7 games 6 wins 1 loss (yes I count the skaven game as a win). Yes there was a fellow at the event who has no clue how I kept the death hag alive and how it was that I could go about my games with out seeing it as a massive defect. Yet the proof is in the pudding, not only did she and her unit kill all they survived only time the unit has been lost was in that last game. That was avoidable. The lesson learned is, while the following of khaine guides our hands and our eyes toward victory, it blinds you if you seek to offer it your all. The training of a thousand life times most be first and foremost, with the blood of khaine guided by that discipline.
Flyers for the win in 8th.

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii