2400 pts vs OnG

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Gwii2510
Shade

2400 pts vs OnG

Post by Gwii2510 »

Okay so I faced OnG today.

A close mate of mine, who was trying out something new.

The lists:

Gwii's DE:

Sup Sorc, Level 4, ToF, RoH, Dark.
CoB, BSB, Witchbrew
Pegmaster, CoT
35 WE
2x5 DR
27 Executioners
2x RBT
2x K-Beast
5x Warlocks

OnG:
Savage Orc Shaman, Level 4
Savage Orc Boss on a Boar (Some Armor +D3 T and impact hits)
Black Orc
Savage Orc BSB
Goblin boss on a Chariot
40 Savage Orc BigUns
20 Savage Orcs
9 Savage Orcs on Boars
4x Pumpwagons
2x 3 Goblin Chariots
2x Doomdiver
1x Rocklobba

Deployment:
We went on to deloy and after Vanguardmoves we ended up link this.
(Keep the DR close enough for him to test for Frenzy)

OnG Turn 1:

He pretty much moves forward with everything he's got, he fails to hit my DR with the Pumpwagons (needed 16 on 4 dice) but managed to shoot and magic one of the units down to a single model.
He gets a direct hit on the Cauldron with the Rock thingy causing 3 wounds and 2 dead Witches.

DE Turn 1:

My Pegmaster charges a pumpwagon, fluffs most of his attacks, and takes 2 wounds in return, Wagon crumbles on CR. (OMG!!!)
DR charges the other pumpwagon and kills it.

I roll a 12 on the winds of magic and it reveals the his Horde unit BigUns has a 5++ save and MR(3), so wasted 4 dice and a doombolt right there (Warlocks). I get of Soulstealer to take a single wound on the block with 20 (And buff up my Sorc!!), along with everything els. He manage to dispell most of my other spells.

My RBT manages to put wounds on the 2 remaining Pumpwagons.

OnG Turn 2:

The 20 Orcs block charges my single DR who flee, redirects to the DR unit who also flees, he fails his charge.
The pumpwagons move forward, just not as long as he wanted or to short, the horde moves forward.
His Impacthit Orc dude and boar boys charges my K-Beast. He fluffs 4 of his 6 impact and most of his attacks, my K-beast take 2 wounds and do 3 in return (Draw)
Magic will see him miscast, rolls a 7, and takes a single wound.
He misfires with a doomdiver and kills himself, doesnt hit with either the Rockloppa or the remaining Doomdiver.

DE Turn 2:

I charge the small block of orcs with my locks, sorc and Pegmaster. I win combat by many and take 2 wounds in return (1 sorc, 1 lock)
I setup my remaining DR to annoy the Horde setting my soon to come charge with the witches.
My K-Beast Nr 2 kills one pumpwagon, and the last pumpwagon dies to DR shooting.
My Exe charge the flank of the boars and kills the unit running them down and into broken tower. (Although it sets my Exes up to a charge in the flank by the Chariots due to me not thinking straight, I should just have reformed instead, but alas it sees his general dead.)
RBT fails to kill anything (Puts a single wound on the horde, "%!%"%"%""!$")
Magicwise i managed to get Word of Pain, PoD and Soulblight off on the unit my casters were in combat with)

OnG Turn 3:

He rallies his fleeing Orc facing them towards the casters.
He charges his my DR redirects to the other DR and fails that aswell moving 6" Forward right into range of the Witches.
He charges the witches with the Chariots in a attempt to "soften them up" Kills 5, but is detroyed in return.
His Goblin Chariot unit charges my Exes in the flank (Oooh Damn my self for letting that happen) and kills alot takes a single wound in return. Runs them down and stops 1" away from the tower.

In the Magic fase he IF the boosted foot of gork and rolls a 1. Gork stomps on his own unit (The now about 5 Orcs) who take a wound. While the Wizard looses 3 levels in return.
The Rockloppa misfires and may not shoot, the doomdiver fails to do any wounds to the Pegmaster.

DE Turn 3:

The DR moves up to shoot at the few orc left, leaving them at 3 models.
The RBT obliterates his chariots with volleys and leave a single wound Goblin on the ground.
The Locks and SS move into position to have a little magic fun, I roll 10 (6,4) and channel a dice. He uses most of his dice to dispel Soulblight on the Horde, I cast IF WoP boosted on the horde whitch sees them lowered by 3. rolling 3x6 the horde takes 4 wounds to S1 hits. (Miscast outcome took a wound of my SS and a Lock)
The Witches, K-Beast and Pegmaster charges the Horde. In close combat my witches sees his unit destroyed causing 37 wounds, he saves some but ends up with 3 chars and 5 Orcs. (He pretty much conceeded after the IF WoP, but we both wanted to see the outcome (His first match against new DE)
My K-Beast sees his Black Orc killed, and my Pegmaster takes out the BSB.

Druchii prevails once more, All hail the Witchking!

After the game we talked a little on errors and so on (Lucky/Unlucky rolls) the only thing that really bothered me was my mistakes on the left flank. Had ive been more patiant i would not have lost a sinlge unit.

Afterwards we had a beer and concluded that WE, CoB is not easily dealt with (Not with his list anyway) and that Word of Pain really is a Pain. Talking over the Dark lore it is easy my most favorite spell.

Any comments questions and so on feel free to ask. (By the way, this is my first BATREP using chronicler, so if there is any advice on making the REPs better give it to me!)
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave! Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave!
Jvh792
Highborn

Re: 2400 pts vs OnG

Post by Jvh792 »

Great report. Holy crap those witches. Ur opponent had some rough luck.
"With hate, all things are possible." - Malus Darkblade
strategem
Cold One Knight

Post by strategem »

thanks for the report. looks ike it was a massacre :)
Sentarr
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sentarr »

Thnx for the report and man that was a slaughterfest! Gratz on the victory:)..
Kinda funny that i've also just played a game vs O&G where Word of Pain had such a similar impact. I had a lvl 4 running life and a lvl 2 with ToF on Dark magic because i couldn't proxy a unit of locks but overall during the game i think i've spend most of my dice on dark magic. I hand picked Word of pain and rolled another 2 trading it off for Bladewind and wow, these two spells are awesome just by themselves. Getting combo's off is most likely not gonna happen a lot of times but if you could pull it off it's gamebreaking to say the least.
I'm pretty happy with our new lore :D
Gwii2510
Shade

Post by Gwii2510 »

Thanks!

I had the PoD, WoP, Bladewind and soulstealer. I'm not the biggest fan the soul thingy any more, but the rest of the lore is great. WoP kan easily take out a "unit" for a turn.

I managed to get Bladewind of on the Horde in the first round, but having a 2++ saved him for any real casualties. But uhh it would have been nice to combo it with WoP.

Dark lore might not be the strongest lore out there but against OnG it works like a charm, I'm facing WoC/DoC next time ;-)
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave! Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave!
Jvh792
Highborn

Post by Jvh792 »

IMHO, I don't think you should use Dark versus WoC.
I'd go shadow or life. But that's my personal preference and play style.
"With hate, all things are possible." - Malus Darkblade
Gwii2510
Shade

Post by Gwii2510 »

It's fixed lists so I don't have any choice but I'll let you know how it works out ;-)

Edit: And thanks for the advice.
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

Congrats!

Sacrificing a unit of Execs to get this chariots into RBT range was clever.

:lol:
Gwii2510
Shade

Post by Gwii2510 »

Drek wrote:Congrats!

Sacrificing a unit of Execs to get this chariots into RBT range was clever.

:lol:

Aaaaaah yes now I remember! It was the gameplan all along ;-)