3000 p. Dark Elves vs. Orcs&Goblins

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Artfactial
Warrior

3000 p. Dark Elves vs. Orcs&Goblins

Post by Artfactial »

This was my first match with the new book. Nothing really new, just to get a taste of the new rules.
Opponent had an experimental list.
Dark Elf List:

Dreadlord on Cold One(in CoK)-Armor of Destiny, Dawnstone, Ogre blade, Seadragon cloack, Shield.
Hecuba:Lvl.4 Supreme Sorceress(in Black Guard)-Tome of ,Obsidian amulet(Dark Magic Lore)
Muraya:Lv.2 Sorceress(in Rxb)-tome of Furion, ruby ring of Ruin(Death Magic lore).
Nagairas:Lvl.1 Sorceress(in Dreadspears)- (Lore of Beast)
Corsair Captain(Master)(In corsairs)-Crown of Command, Dragonbain Helmet, Seadragon Cloak Heavy Armor, additional hand weapon.
Assasin(in corsair unit)- Glittering scales, biting blade, the other trickster shard, Dark Venom.
Core:
20 Dreadspears.
29 corsairs-banner of Swiftness.
11 Darkshards-Banner of Eternal Flame, Shields.
5 Dark Riders-shields,Spears.
Special:
9 cold one Knights-War Banner
20 Black guard-Banner of discipline
Reaper bolt thrower.
5 Shades
Rare:
Kharybdiss
Orcs & Gonlins List:

Black Orc Warboss on Wyvern-Armor of Destiny
Lvl.4 Goblin Great Shaman on Wolf-Feedback scroll
Savage Orc Big boss(in 1st unit of Savages)-Armor of silvered steel
Savage Orc Big boss(in 2nd unit of Savages)-Armor of fortune
Black Orc Big boss BSB(in Black Orcs)
Goblin Big boss on wolf(in unit of Wolfriders)-stuff
Lvl.2 Orc Shaman- Dispell scroll
Core:
30 Goblins with spears/shields+3 Nasty Skulkers
25 Orc Savages
25 Orc savages+big stabba
15 Wolfriders
20 Orc Boyz Big ‘uns
Special:
25 Black Orcs
~20 Squig herd+10 handlers
Rare:
3 Stone trolls

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... Hi0-7M&v=3

O&G1-
Squig herd and Big ‘uns fail animosity and charge forward into nothingness…
Magic: 12 Powerdice. I stop hand and foot of Gork but the Curse of the Bad moon kills 4 CoK’s, 2 Repeater crossbowmen, 2 Black Guard.
Wolf pack of 15 including a goblin Big boss ram into the black guard with the Supreme sorceress.
Black guard kill the big boss but the rest of the wolfs beat the SS to one wound.

http://sdrv.ms/1aCqrDq
Wyvern perched on top of the Statue of Gork/Mork.

DE1-
Magic: 3 power dice. Nothing gets through.
Black guard slaughter the wolfs, but 4 remain and kill the SS, Wolfs flee toward Black Orcs.
The CoK move up behind a hill…
Kharybdiss leaves the flank to support the Bg from incoming black Orcs.
Corsairs and Spearmen brace for a double charge.
Dark Riders move in next to Savage orcs and shoot a wound of the Orc Shaman.

O&G2-
Orc Big ‘uns charge into Spearmen, savages fail the charge.
Wyvern flies over the Corsairs into the Lvl 1 Beast sorceress and eats her.
Other Savages with the Big Stabba ram into the Cok, Trolls fail stupidity so don’t charge.
Savages get Sneaky stabbing for Armor piercing and brutally kill all but the dreadlord.
Wolfpack fails insane courage and thankfully stops just short of the Black Orc unit.
…Which gets hand of Gorked into a possible flank charge with my X-bow men and Black guard, or a rear charge with my Kharybdiss.

http://sdrv.ms/1cC64I5
Cok Armour saves...

DE2-
Corsairs madly charge into the savages in front of them, do a ton of wounds, assassin pops out and chops up the Big Boss, they flee but don’t get caught. In mid field the Dreadlord crushes the savages and runs them down, ending his overrun next to but in charge arc of the Trolls…
Spearmen still hold fast against the big ‘uns.
Darkshards move up to shoot at the trolls while the Kharybdiss and black guard turn around to face the Black Orc charge.
Shades take out the remaining wolfs and the Dark riders finish of the Orc Shaman.
O&G3-
The Squig herd again fails their animosity and the trolls again fail their stupidity so miracoulusly do’n charge into my Dreadlord’s flank(we actually were in the combat phase between de Lord and Trolls when we remembered the stupidity check and agreed to roll for it and step back to the movement phase when things went bad…and so it did.)
Wyvern turns about to set for a rear charge on the corsairs who are as of now being flank charged by the gobbo’s. The assassin swipes away the Nasty skulkas and the Captain deals some damage to the unit, but they stick. The Black orcs charge both the Black Guard as well as the Kharibdyss, making sure to only make contact with the first via the Big Boss(to hold them up and to escape the feast of bones), which the Black guard towermaster challenges, she deals a wound but gets cut down and so saves the unit some losses. The Kharibdyss goes to town and thrashes off more than a rank of Black orcs..who are wielding great weapon choppa’s and cut down the beasty.

DE3-
The Shades fire a volley at the trolls an luckily kill one, causing them to flee across the board.
In a cruel twist of fate the Bolthrower fires their single bolt at the Wyvern lord, hitting the lord on top, wounding him, breaking through his 4+ ward and dealing 4 wounds slaying the general and giving the Wyver stupidity (I had a D6 multiple wounds stuck into my head…this prompted us to later rematch this game). The Nauglir Dreadlord makes to charge the goblin’s in the rear.
I finally get a decent amount of power dice(which is nice in a magic heavy army as this) although I only had Muraya left by this time. He lets Caress of Lanith through and it kills his Black Orc big boss. This leaves me with enough to cast Purple Sun, which he tries to dispel and only fails by a point or two, he then uses his feedback scroll(which was another illegal move).
The vortex misfires and lands on the sorceress, and bounces away without doing harm. She proceeds to get obliterated by the scroll, canceling out my magic for the game.
The black guard had reformed to maximize attacks, while both units stand within range of an altar of Khaine, and consequently butcher the black Orcs, who whiff all their counter attacks, break and get run down.
O&G4-
The Wyvern charges into the corsair unit(who had reformed to meet the beast head-on) and the Squig herd charges into the victorious black guard. Who bravely run away, away(Illegal move again, since they still had their Frenzy.. Although the end result would have probably been the same, if not worse for the Squigs). The Spearmen get run down which brings the big ‘uns near the edge of the field and out of the battle for the rest of the game. The wyvern does a number on the corsairs but they stick due too stubbornness.

http://sdrv.ms/1hKfMIa
Brave,brave,brave, brave black guard.

DE4-
The General charges into the gobbo’s and slaughters a deal, but not as much as the Wyvern who eats the corsair unit to a man, which eliminates that combat and leaves the goblins hanging with the general…
The black guard rally and turn around to face the incoming Squig herd…only this time without frenzy.

O&G5-
The Squig herd bounces into the Black Guard, cutting both units in half, resulting in an exploding herd which mops up the remaining guards. Poof.
The Wyvern charges the Dark Riders who had failed their Terror check during the charge, thus failing the charge last turn(house rule we’ve kept from 7th). Wyvern eats a whole bunch of ponies but they stick due to the general, who runs down the goblin bus, being close.
DE5-
Nauglir Dreadlord pivots so he can see both the Golbin Shaman and the Wyvern.
Darkshards and Reaper widdle down the Big ‘uns unit.
O&G6-
Wyvern eats the last pony, who deals a vengeful wound to it(the actual Dark steed) and reforms to face the dreadlord. The Orc big ‘uns miserably fail their charge into the Reaper.
Goblin great shaman high tails out of the Dreadlord’s charge arc.
Trolls are still fleeing across the field.
DE6-
Shades, repeaters and reaper shoot the Big ‘uns down to 3 Orc Boyz. Though lads.
Dreadlord clashes into the Wyvern and decisively hacks it down before it can strike.
Dragon9
Assassin

Re: 3000 p. Dark Elves vs. Orcs&Goblins

Post by Dragon9 »

That was quite a lot of slaughter! Khaine would be pleased. ;) But who ultimately won the match. Was hard for me to tell reading through it.
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
Artfactial
Warrior

Post by Artfactial »

Yes, in the end he had 3 Orcs, 3 crying trolls and a Goblin Great Shaman left.
I had my General, my Rxb's, Shades and Reaper.
We had about 350 point difference in favor of me, so officially a draw. but we decided on a moral victory.;)

The Wyvern-bolt thrower mistake was quiet game changing and stupid, so the rematch is in order.

That start move with my Lvl.4+ in the front lines getting eaten by wolfs with nothing but a Mr 2 to safe her might have been one of my worst tactical mistakes ever:P
No Saves
Warrior

Post by No Saves »

If you scored more than 100 more points than him, which you did, it's not officially a draw, it's officially a victory for you. Why would you think it's a draw?!
Artfactial
Warrior

Post by Artfactial »

Rulebook page 143 states that only having twice as many or more victory points as your opponent counts as a victory- any other result is a draw.
Quiet a silly thing, but we never really use it.:)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

It has been errata'ed since ages:
Page 143 – Victory Conditions, Victory Points.
Change “[...]at least twice as many victory points as your
opponent - any[...]” to “[...]at least 100 victory points more
than your opponent – if you score at least twice as many victory
points as your opponent, then you have achieved a crushing
victory! Any[...]”
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Artfactial
Warrior

Post by Artfactial »

HA! Wonderful, thanks.:) That indeed makes things allot more interesting.
Kind of silly we didn't see that for all that time.
I'll have a read through the errata to see what else we left out!