2400 PTS Dark Elves vs. undead legion

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

reynakzhen
Slave (off the Altar)

2400 PTS Dark Elves vs. undead legion

Post by reynakzhen »

Hi all, just played my first game vs. an undead legions army.

my list:
Dreadlord on black dragon w/ cloak of twilight, helm of discord, sword of striking, SDC, HA

lvl 2 sorceress on dark Pegasus, dark magic, tome of furion (shroud of despair), terrifying mask of Eee!

death hag BSB, cry of war

20 corsairs w/full comm, extra hand weapons, banner of swiftness

10 darkshards w/ banner of eternal flame

5 x2 dark riders one with shields both with x-bows

28 blackguard w/ wailing banner

8 shades w/ great weapons

5 warlocks

10 sisters of slaughter w/ standard

my opponent had something like the following:

Arkhan the black, lore of undeath
vampire on steed w/ melee nastiness / lore of vampires
necrotech
necromancer lore of vampires
liche priest lore of nehekhara

40 or 50 strong horde of ghouls
6x2 dire wolves
casket of souls
skull thrower catapult
5 blood knights
10x 2 skeleton archers

I ended up losing the game, but, it was a very fun game. I managed to kill arkhan with combined efforts of my one remaining warlock IF doombolt and my unit of darkshards. The sisters managed to kill a 300 pt unit of crypt horrors a unit of dire wolves, a terrorgheist the necrotech and about 20 ghouls before they died.

my general killed the mounted vampire, the other unit of dire wolves, a 300 pt unit of crypt horrors and a terrorgheist
I took out his casket with the shades and the catapult with the dark riders unfortunately his blood knights ran off my dragon and he had a supped up black coach that annihilated most of the rest of my army. I'm only slightly annoyed at killing roughly 1000 pts of stuff for nothing. Grrr, I hate summoned units!
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: 2400 PTS Dark Elves vs. undead legion

Post by Gidean »

Wait...did he summon a Black Coach? :o
reynakzhen
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by reynakzhen »

Yes... yes he did... he also managed to summon two terrorgheists and two units of 7 crypt horrors before I magic missiled arkhan to death. Best advice is don't engage Arkhan in CC unless you're absolutely sure you'll kill him. I forgot Arkhan gained wounds back for killing models in CC.
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

reynakzhen wrote:Yes... yes he did... he also managed to summon two terrorgheists and two units of 7 crypt horrors before I magic missiled arkhan to death. Best advice is don't engage Arkhan in CC unless you're absolutely sure you'll kill him. I forgot Arkhan gained wounds back for killing models in CC.

Holy crap...he summoned all that in a 2400 point game? My word, those special characters are OP! :burns:
reynakzhen
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by reynakzhen »

I wouldn't necessarily call Arkhan OP, I just didn't have a list built to deal with him very effectively. I still managed to kill him before the game ended.