Youtube Report 2500 v Lizardmen

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Coop
Dark Rider

Youtube Report 2500 v Lizardmen

Post by Coop »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbBW0lJI9xs

Hey everyone,

I've got a battle report of 2500 points of my dark elves vs. lizardmen. The youtube report is linked above.

My list was ~

SS - lvl 4 fire, Ring of Hotek, Scroll, Shrieking Blade,
Dreadlord - 2+, 4++, OTS, Ogre Blade

Master - 1+ rerollable, potion of strength

14 Witches
14 Witches
10 Dark Riders
5 Dark Riders

4 Bolt Throwers
30 Executioners

10 Warlocks
5 Warlocks
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: Youtube Report 2500 v Lizardmen

Post by T.D. »

Nice game and write up. Thx for posting :)

Also: Love the natty colour scheme on your Witches, Exes and DR. Looks really good on the board 8)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Coop
Dark Rider

Post by Coop »

Thanks for watching and for the kind words!
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Post by Mikael.k »

Really enjoyed the report and looking forward to more content! :)
Lord hajjij
Rotting skull on the Glottkin trail

Post by Lord hajjij »

Great report, I really enjoyed it.

One final point you made was that Beasts didn't work as well for you. I would agree that with most of your punch coming from an executioner horde, that Beasts isn't ideal. However, Beasts is a great lore, especially when including the amount of Warlocks you have. Early game, Warlocks are able to supplement the lore's lack of a real magic missile and also are a fantastic target for Wildform. Try to cast a Soulblight from the Warlocks to draw out dice, and now you have a Wildform, which is 95% of the time slightly better assuming they're in combat or about to be shot at by something less than a cannon.

Also, Curse of Anraheir and Amber Spear are fantastic spells that in many situations are must stops, allowing you to get Wildform/Doombolt off.

Overall though, give Metal a try. I think that lore will be fantastic for your army.
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.

-Sun Tzu
Coop
Dark Rider

Post by Coop »

Lord hajjij wrote:Great report, I really enjoyed it.

One final point you made was that Beasts didn't work as well for you. I would agree that with most of your punch coming from an executioner horde, that Beasts isn't ideal. However, Beasts is a great lore, especially when including the amount of Warlocks you have. Early game, Warlocks are able to supplement the lore's lack of a real magic missile and also are a fantastic target for Wildform. Try to cast a Soulblight from the Warlocks to draw out dice, and now you have a Wildform, which is 95% of the time slightly better assuming they're in combat or about to be shot at by something less than a cannon.

Also, Curse of Anraheir and Amber Spear are fantastic spells that in many situations are must stops, allowing you to get Wildform/Doombolt off.

Overall though, give Metal a try. I think that lore will be fantastic for your army.

Good points on Beasts. I think I rolled up Flock of Doom, Curse, Pelt, and Savage Beast, so I ended up dropping Pelt for Wildform. Flock was nice for skinks and curse helped stop some of his units from moving. I think I had some lower dice magic phases that game, so I couldn't get too many spells through, which might be why I found beasts to be unhelpful. Spear would have really been good to have considering he had 2 lone cold one characters and 2 monsters.

Metal is a great option. I bring it all the time on my daemons, which is why I didn't bring it here. But you're right, it would have fit really well. Searing doom/hounds would have destroyed those monsters/characters with 2+ and 3+ saves, enchanted blades is great on witches since they really struggle with armor, and 5+ scaly skin makes executioners a lot more durable. Next time I play the list, I might just go with metal.

And thanks for watching!