Something the Dakr Elf list is Missing

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Adreal_the_immaculate
Assassin

Something the Dakr Elf list is Missing

Post by Adreal_the_immaculate »

ok well so were not the same as high elves the following skills cvan only be taken by one character (who must be your army general(nobel or highborn)) and they may only have one skill
These skills represent where the character is from or what convent they were raised in

Naggarond-Master of the Black Guard(20pts)hatred, stubborn, must be armed with halberd type weapon, cannot be mounted (Black Guard no longer 0-1)

Karond Kar-Beastmaster(20pts) All monsters (ie cold ones harpies ridden monsters hydras) within 12" may use his Ld, If mounted on a cold one may re-roll stupidity (if in unit the unit may re-roll stupidity) monsters that the rider is mounted on don't take monster reaction tests if the rider is killed

Har Ganeth-Draich Master (15pts)Killing Blow, must take great weapon, light armour (including magic armour) and sea dragon cloaks only, can't be mounted

Ghrond-Wind of the North (30pts) 3+ ward save, only magic armour thye can take is shield of ghronf

Arnheim- Bleak Defender (15pts) must be armed with repeater crossbow, gaibs city guard as 0-1 core choice, can't take cold one knights/chariot, cauldren of blood, harpies, shades or corsairs

Temple of khain- Had Queen(15pts)frenzy, may take items skills from the temple of khian up to magic item allowence, must take cauldren of blood, no sorceresses

Dark Convent- Sorcerer (25pts) Lvl 2, can't take any troops from the temple of khain or black guard, must take a normal sorceress (ie high sorceress or normal sorceress)

The Dark Fleet- Wavemaster (25pts) must take sea dragon cloak, can't be mounted, reaper bolt throwers are special choices (0-2 every 1000pts i.e in a 2000pts army you can have up to 4 reaper bolt throwers at 2 per special choice)
its not the lies that you say, but what the silence will scream
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

I like the idea of themed armies to each of our cities. It should've been done in the back of our book, but then again, not much else was done right either. I saw a thread somewhere else that addressed this, and in even more detail, that was real good. I can't remeber where I saw it though.
If you run, you'll just die tired
Adreal_the_immaculate
Assassin

well atleast its what some people want, now if only they mad the dark elf book the same size as the chaos book, and also asked for more help on the subject, ahh well, i guess i probly should start the playtesting then send these of the warhammer chronicals, who knows they might make it :roll:
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I really like these ideas. If you want some help playtesting give a call. I have an opponent who would be up for it.
Leithel and odd
My own worst enemy

Post by Leithel and odd »

The idea isn't a bad one, don't get me wrong. I was wondering if we could perhaps try and find a method of doing this without giving us the same abilities as the High Elves? The HE list is the only one to give it's leaders skills, that makes it unique. PErhaps we could make our own uniqueness?

Sure it makes sense, but it also stands to reason that ALL armies could have the same thing but they don't.
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore --
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

E. A. Poe
Adreal_the_immaculate
Assassin

well leithel your right that make does make the high elf list unique, but my idea was to try and break a little away from the raider lists and have ppl chose the general then make armies from the citys they come from, sure its not the most original, but most armies apart from ours can do this (skaven can chaos can empire can high elfs can dwarves sorta can) so i tried, plus this would make more sense than giving all our characters temple skills and poisons as there only given to temple warriors
Leithel and odd
My own worst enemy

Post by Leithel and odd »

Don't get me wrong adreal, it's a fantastic idea and I'd love to see something of the like implemented. I also think that your list seems quite balanced and well thought out at a glance. I just don't like the idea of being like a high elf ;) :lol:
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore --
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

E. A. Poe
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

The Ghrond one is a bit unbalanced, though. For a 3+ Ward Save, it should be AT LEAST 50 points. I think it would be better to make it a 5+ Ward Save for the same 30 points. It can be combined with Talismans and stuff.
Goodbye.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Yep, the Ghrond one is definitely not right. 50-55 points would be more like it.

But a 3+ Ward save in general is just not right, no magic armour or not. Dark Elves can get a 2+ armour save with mundane armour already! Furthermore, this can also be taken by a Sorceress!

No, no! ;)

Bye
Thanee
Adreal_the_immaculate
Assassin

hmm thinking on the ghrond thing.....a 4+ ward save for maybe 35-40ish points :? . And these skills are only allowed for the highborn or the nobel, and do you guys think these should take up magic allowences like the temple skills do, or just be left as options?
Newdisease
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Newdisease »

I think the Ghrond honour would result in the same problem we have just now, every powergamer or just smart person would take this one, how about a 5+ Ward Save or maybe +1 Toughness. :?:
Don't shoot the messanger they all say, but he'll be the one sitting idly while the whole world goes to hell!
Adreal_the_immaculate
Assassin

well i got the inpression ghrond was a magicy city so ide say no to the toughness one and as there was no ghrond specific troops i counldn't put limitations on the list...................
Ezeraal
Corsair

Post by Ezeraal »

The dark convent one is a touch under-priced as well. Looking at the chaos book a Tzeentch hero gets level 2 sorcerer ability for 70 points.
The penalties don't really account for such a wide points difference.
The darkness is here and you will fall...
Adreal_the_immaculate
Assassin

Ezeraal wrote:The dark convent one is a touch under-priced as well. Looking at the chaos book a Tzeentch hero gets level 2 sorcerer ability for 70 points.
The penalties don't really account for such a wide points difference.

true, but the points are down because of the need to take a sorceress as well, it could be raised to 35 pts i suppose but the need for a sorceress restricts your hero choices as well (no assassins) and as these have to be given to the army general unless he's a highborn you cant get a better fighter, so does that explain why the points are low?
Lord girathon
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord girathon »

I agree with the idea of these themed lists completly. as it seems as a very good way to improve our list. Also, I would like the addition of a Wih Elf Hero to our mundane list- as pesently them temple of khaine is vry underused.

Lord Girathon
“ …he decided to fight like a true elf and slew the weakling Aethis. This plunged Ulthan into chaos, and for this deed the name of Girathon shall be forever gloried in our legends." – Furion of Clar Karond
Sortelveren
Dark Emissary

Post by Sortelveren »

yes, a witch elf hero would be good to have. but with armour plz...
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Not even You!!

Hilsen Sortelveren
www.hardwareHQ.dk
Adreal_the_immaculate
Assassin

Sortelveren wrote:yes, a witch elf hero would be good to have. but with armour plz...

i don't see any temple of khain warriors using armour (shrugs)
Sortelveren
Dark Emissary

Post by Sortelveren »

i know
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Not even You!!

Hilsen Sortelveren
www.hardwareHQ.dk