Special List: The Dark Elf Slavers

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Cerulaetas
Highborn
Location: Behind you liek omg so whitty lolz I r unique lol!!11!1one wtf!

Post by Cerulaetas »

For the raiders rule, does that rule work like the Beasts of Chaos Raiders rule (i.e they're skirmishers that can claim a +2 rank bonus) or is the regiment ranked? Maybe I'm just reading it incorrectly, but I'm not sure whether it's a regiment or a unit of skirmishers currently.
Ashnari Doomsong wrote:So, you're saying that dwarf ironbreakers in HTH combat are heavy cavalry?
You're wierd...
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

It's still ranked, they just can reform freely throughout their move. Think Fast Cavalry, but walking ...

J
Cerulaetas
Highborn
Location: Behind you liek omg so whitty lolz I r unique lol!!11!1one wtf!

Post by Cerulaetas »

alrighty, thanks
Ashnari Doomsong wrote:So, you're saying that dwarf ironbreakers in HTH combat are heavy cavalry?
You're wierd...
Kold
Black Guard

Post by Kold »

Nice work. Cool and balanced list.
Try to fit our background affair of great beast (sea dragon,sea hydras...or something like them) that our armybook tell us about the black arcs and raiding forces.
...kill'em all
Anarchistica
Corsair

Post by Anarchistica »

I only really just noticed this list and i got a couple of questions. I'd've pm-ed either of the two makers but a post seems more effective here.

As you might know, i'm the current manager of the AB datafiles, and i'm currently looking for "the best" rules for WFB that's not been published in any GW publication. At the moment, i've only got some stuff by Ian Hawkes (ex-developer) and Marc Mann (the merchant prince) i want to add, but this list looks quite interesting. Now i've been very critical of stuff written by Druchii.net in the past (of all your revision ideas i picked almost the same stuff as Gav as being ok), but this list, and to a lesser extent the lists made for your campaign, look pretty decent.

To get to the point, has this list been playtested, would you like to see it added to ArmyBuilder (2.2) and who should i credit if i do? (Jeff Leong and xxxx Langmann?).

Also, the same questions go for the lists found here. Not sure who are involved in making those, so i thought i'd ask here since i bring it up anyway.
WFB 7th edition Army Builder 2 Datafile Manager

Latest updates here (new link)
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

The lists have all been playtested - they work pretty well, all told. Not over the top, not too weak. I have contacted the folks we worked with to get them done - will get back to you soon.

Thanks,
Jeff
Jojo
Executioner

Post by Jojo »

i coul swear that tjis list was on the war of flesh and blood website
hi
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

It is. But it was posted here before it came there.
Anarchistica
Corsair

Post by Anarchistica »

jeffleong13 wrote:The lists have all been playtested - they work pretty well, all told. Not over the top, not too weak. I have contacted the folks we worked with to get them done - will get back to you soon.
Thanks, looking forward to it.

Btw, if any you know of any other stuff you think is good enough to be added to AB, and would like to see it added to the official file, more info about this can be found here.

Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

We appreciate the offer and look forward to seeing them in AB.

Dark Elf Slaver List - Jeff Leong & Caillin Langmann
ToK List - Druchii.net Development Team
Lothern Sea Guard Addendum - as listed on the link you have

Any questions should be routed to www.druchii.net in the Ideas Forum.

Thanks,
Jeff
Anarchistica
Corsair

Re: Special List: The Dark Elf Slavers

Post by Anarchistica »

Cool. I hope you're open to changes, because it might occur that i'll ask if those are ok (i won't change stuff if you're not ok with it). Also, i hope you can deal with my bitching, especially since you tend to be a bit...clumsy.

And to work, i'll ask about the Slaver List here and make a new topic for the other 2, if it's ok with you.

Let's get to work.

langmann wrote:Slaves do not count as core choice and number of slave units may not exceed the total number of DE warrior or corsair units.
"Every unit of Corsairs, and of Dark Elf Warriors, allows you to take up to 1 unit of Slaves."

langmann wrote:Raiders: During raiding expeditions, Dark Elven Corsairs adopt a unique raiding formation that is extremely effective for rapid forays deep into enemy territory. Corsairs are able to strike rapidly and then melt away with their captives before the enemy is able to mount a counterattack.

Raiders may reform freely during a normal move or march move. This ability is similar to the movement ability of Fast Cavalry. Raiders charge as normal, and may not reform during a charge. Due to the rapid and fluid formation, corsairs may only obtain a maximum rank bonus of +2 for the purposes of calculating Combat Resolution. Characters inside the unit may use the Raider special rule.
Now i understand what imagery this is coming from, but it is nonsense. Simply use the Raiders rule from the Beast of Chaos book. It's clearer, makes far more sense (every elite unit in the game should be able to do this if puny Corsairs can) and tested. Free reforms like this only work for cavalry, because cavalry can't skirmish anymore in 6th.

langmann wrote:Dread Sorceress. Sorceress as per army book. Master of the Sea.

Beastmaster. As per army book. Master of the Sea.
No need to repeat the Master of the Sea rule. At best mention they can't be the General, though that isn't done in the CoS list either.

And what's with the "Dread"?

langmann wrote:Unit Size 10+ and 1-2 Apprentice Beastmasters.
A flat number is not in place here, you can't have 1 guy keep a hundred slaves in check. One Apprentice Beastmaster per 5 Slaves is far more logical and prevents "abuse".

langmann wrote:Reaper Bolt Thrower. As per army book. #

# One Reaper Bolt Thrower per unit of Corsairs. The Reaper Bolt Throwers are attached to each unit of corsairs who transport and deploy them before battle.
This makes them overly rare, you'd need to take 4 Corsair units to take the normal amount of RBT's. Simply 1-2 per Special Choice is fine, or per Corsair unit.

langmann wrote:Black Sea Dragons 0-1. See below.

You do realise this might cause WYSIWYG problems, eh? :P

langmann wrote:Harpies. As per army book except not limited to 0-1.
I can understand there will be tons of Harpies at the city they live in, but not on the other side of the world where the raids take place. Really good noses?

langmann wrote:Whips of Torment: These are two whips held in each hand. After being lamed by a human slave Lharek and his sorceress concubine created the whips to inflict incredible wracking pain upon his enemies.

For every successful hit from the whip the enemy must make a toughness test or be unable to strike in that round. The whips provide an extra attack by that model.
Basically a Chill Blade that works less than half the time and gives +1A?

Two whips is silly, it doesn't work (you try it). You can have the Whip give +1A if you must, though i think Strikes First would make more sense and help him survive.

Either have the Chill Blade effect work all the time, give it Killing Blow or give it Killing Blow that allows armour saves (a mix of the two). The Killing Blow would represent the enemy being taken out by the immense pain suffered (á la Fabius Bile).

langmann wrote:Cloak of the Black Sea Dragon: Crafted from the remains of a hideous ancient sea dragon, these pearly black scales wrap the wearer in a magical darkness shielding him from blows.

The Cloak provides a normal sea dragon cloak armour save that may be combined with regular armour and in addition gives the wearer a 4+ ward save.
How very original. :P

I mean, seriously, 99% of the characters out there has a 4+ ward save, can't you think of something else? Regeneration, can be wounded on a 3+ at best, some save vs. S3 missiles, etc. Anything that isn't as corny.

langmann wrote:Despise: Lharek has a deep bitterness for all lesser races and he inspires the troops he leads with his hate of all beneath him. (25 points)

Lharek and the unit he leads has hatred as per the Warhammer Rulebook.
I'd make this cost more, as it's for a WS5 A3 unit and a character. Normally Hatred costs 25-30 points for a character alone.

langmann wrote:Lharek must be accompanied by a unit of t least 9 Black Sea Dragons, which includes a Standard Bearer and Musician and counts as a rare choice.
Why are they Rare? Grimgor Ironhide brings his own unit of Black Orcs (0-1, Special), and those are still Special. I think these guys should be Special too, it would in fact perhaps even hurt more than them being Rare.

langmann wrote:The unit must take a magic standard, which may cost up to 75 pts.
Curious. This would be the first unit in the game that has to take a magic standard. It would seem more logical to simply give them their own magic standard. In any case, get rid of the 75 points thing, they're just Corsairs, not the Witch King's bodyguard.

langmann wrote:Black Sea Dragon – 13 points- M5 WS5 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I5 A2 Ld8
Musician 6 points, Standard Bearer 12 points, Dragon Captain 12 points A3.
So they're Witch Elves without poison or magic item on the champion, but without Frenzy and with decent armour? Really, you can't do an additional attack on a normal model. Only Chosen of Chaos have this, and they cost 20 points each, without the additional hand weapon. These are just Elves, not a bunch of He-Mans. Their WS5 is fine, just give them something else that makes them special. Make Raiders exclusively for them, allow them a +3 rank bonus while being a Raider, make them Stubborn, allow them to Scout, anything really.

langmann wrote:Extra Tenth. Black Sea Dragons are composed of worthy veteran corsairs and are under consideration for advancement to command their own ships. As such they are allocated an extra tenth of the raiding share.

Any standard captured by the Black Sea Dragons count as double the number of victory points.
Wouldn't the General benefit less from stuff captured by people who get a greater share of it? :P I could see the logic in a rule called "Veteran corpseraider" or something along those lines, not in this. :P

Yes i do biatch alot, but only because i care. ;)

Anarchistica
Corsair

Post by Anarchistica »

Not a very lively topic, eh?

I've added the Slaver's list (dubbed "Slavers raid", no medal for the name) to the first beta of the new datafile. You can get it here.

It's, as i said, the list exactly as how you posted it above. Haven't added notes crediting the makers yet, nor the lame character, will do that later.

I do wonder why Warriors can keep Slaves in check but won't carry RBT's. Black Sea Dragons won't even keep Slaves in check, the lazy bastards...

Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Sorry ... been busy on business travel.

Thanks for adding it to AB -
J
Lord of nagarythe
Slave on the Altar

Post by Lord of nagarythe »

Cool AL.
The Exuctioners may be equipped with a Sea Dragon Cloak, at the price of 4 points per model.

P.S. What are the Sea Dragon stats? :)
Troppo tardi... siamo arrivati
Dark lord joe
Corsair

Post by Dark lord joe »

Yep really nice list.

Id keep the harpies 0-1 or drop them all togehter. They're unique to the city of Karond Kar, they wouldn't follow a shi pto far off lands.

I do like the Sea Dragon/Levaithian idea, that would be a really good addition.

Also why not take a CoK foot unit, it would be difficult to take a load of Cold Ones oversees but the nobles would want to look after their investment.

Keep the slaves, and at M5. It even says in the DE book that the dark elves raided ulthuan and their attack was: "Spearheaded by drugged and screaming human slave warriors."

Great list though. :lol: