playtesters wanted...to test the new tzneetch list..UPDATED

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Warma
Warrior

Post by Warma »

Lethalis wrote:-the Magister, can he/she have Chaos Armour?

I've been thinking of that and I think the Chaos Armour would be a good idea since the character is going to be very expencive and some protection is needed.
-can units like Druchii Warriors, Dark Riders etc take the Mark?

That was the general idea. Costing 20 pts./unit.
-what lores can the Magister, Mages and the Cultist champions choose?

Lore of Tzeentch and Dark are obvious choises, Shadow and Death are not too far fetched either.
-in the CoP, there was no chariot cause they'd be fighting in the jungle, howcome there is none in this list?

Good point again. I'll add it in the list.
-shouldn't Cultists, being the equivalent of Devoted, be 1+?

Yes. They are but I forgot to add it in the list.

I'll post the updated list shortly.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Warma wrote:
Lethalis wrote:-the Magister, can he/she have Chaos Armour?

I've been thinking of that and I think the Chaos Armour would be a good idea since the character is going to be very expencive and some protection is needed.
Right'o.
-can units like Druchii Warriors, Dark Riders etc take the Mark?

That was the general idea. Costing 20 pts./unit.
And how about Reapers? I think there needs to be a careful selection of what can be marked, so there won't be a 1k 10 power dice army led by a Black Staffed Magister...
-what lores can the Magister, Mages and the Cultist champions choose?

Lore of Tzeentch and Dark are obvious choises, Shadow and Death are not too far fetched either.
All of them?
-in the CoP, there was no chariot cause they'd be fighting in the jungle, howcome there is none in this list?

Good point again. I'll add it in the list.
Right'o.
-shouldn't Cultists, being the equivalent of Devoted, be 1+?

Yes. They are but I forgot to add it in the list.
Okies.
I'll post the updated list shortly.
Malius
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malius »

as for the which units can be marked dilemma, i would make it just cultists, darkelf warriors, Cok, chaos knights and chaos warriors, possibly chariots. as Lethalis pointed out, if you let many units have the mark (like almost all units in the CoS) then you will have some seriouly overpowered armies on your hands...

btw, i love this idea, and may help playtest. its just a matter of getting the models together and finding time when not revising for exams...
Archdukechocula wrote:In fact I think the problem is that there should be a better term for jerky WAAC people, such as Win Avoiding Normal Kindness, Especially Respect (A " WANKER " if you will).

now thats funny :P
Warma
Warrior

Post by Warma »

And how about Reapers? I think there needs to be a careful selection of what can be marked, so there won't be a 1k 10 power dice army led by a Black Staffed Magister...
I agree. I don't want this to turn too cheesy (or cheesy at all) and I'll think about this. Malius's idea is pretty close I think.

All of them?
For now, sure. The last two can be dropped after some playtesting if that is necessery.
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Hey,
Ive been following this topic for a little while now, and im finding it pretty interesting. At the moment I have no really point to make, but Im seriously interested in doing some playtesting for it. I will have a go at a list or two in a bit, hopefully then Ill have something more usefull to imput.

thanks.
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Warma
Warrior

Post by Warma »

UPDATE!

Lords:
Lord Of Change
*Magister (mark)

Heroes:
*Magister (mark)
Aspiring champion (option for mark)
Noble (option for mark and may wear Chaos Armour for +10 pts.)
Mage (Lores: Dark, Tzeentch, Shadows, Death. Points: 90. May be upgraded to level 2 Wizard for +40 points, remember Magisters *Leader of the Cult special rule. Uses the Sorceress stats: DE book page; 27)

Core:
1+ *Cultists (mark)
Shades
(Druchii) Warriors (option for mark)
Marauders
Horrors

Special:
0-1 Chaos Warriors (mark)
Cold One Knights (option for mark)
Cold One Chariot (option for mark)
Dark Riders
Furies
Screamers of Tzeentch

Rare:
0-1 Chaos Knights (mark, takes two Rare slots)
Reaper Bolt Throwers
Firewyrm of Tzeentch
*Hydra of Tzeentch

Units:

*Magister:
(Lord) M:5 WS:4 BS:4 S:3 T:3 W:3 I:5 Ld:9 Points:285
(Hero) M:5 WS:4 BS:4 S:3 T:3 W:2 I:5 Ld:8 Points:200

Equipment:
Hand Weapon

Magic:
The Magister may choose one of the following Lores: Dark, Tzeentch, Shadow or Death.

Options for Lord:
-May wear Chaos Armour (+10pts).
-May choose a mix of magic items from the Common or Cult of Tzeentch magic items list, with a maximum total value of 100 pts.
-May ride a Cold One (+39 pts), a Dark Steed (+18 pts), a Barded Chaos Steed (+24 pts), or Disc of Tzeentch (+45 pts).

Options for Hero:
-May wear Chaos Armour (+10pts).
-May choose a mix of magic items from the Common or Cult of Tzeentch magic items list, with a maximum total value of 50 pts.
-May ride a Cold One (+26 pts), a Dark Steed (+18 pts), a Barded Chaos Steed (+16 pts), or Disc of Tzeentch (+45 pts).

Special Rules:
Mark of Tzeentch, Leader of the Cult

Mark of Tzeentch: Magister has the Mark of Tzeentch and is a level 2 Wizard in games smaller than 2000 points in 2000 point games or bigger Magister is level 4 Wizard.

*Leader of the Cult: Magister is the leader of the Cult so you must include one in the army and it will act as General unless Lord of Change is present however you can't have more than one Magister in the army. The Magister also has to be the greatest wizard in the army so you can't include any wizard that have equal or better magic level than the Magister, only exception is the Lord of Change.

*Cultists
Cultist M:5 WS:4 BS:4 S:3 T:3 W:1 I:5 A:1 Ld:8 Points:13
Champion M:5 WS:4 BS:4 S:3 T:3 W:1 I:5 A:2 Ld:8

Unit size: 9+

Equipment:
Hand Weapons

Options:
Upgrade one cultist to a Champion for +12 pts.
Champion can be upgraded to a level 1 wizard for +20 pts. Champion uses the Lore of Tzeentch.

Special Rules:
Skirmishers, Mark of Tzeentch

*Hydra of Tzeentch
Stats: DE army book page 13.
Points cost: 245

Special Rules:
Marked, Flames of Tzeentch, Terror, Controlled, Large creature, Scaly Skin.

Marked: The Hydra and the apprentices have the Mark of Tzeentch.

Flames of Tzeentch: The heads of the Hydra of Tzeentch can breathe fire in the shooting phase. Use the teardrop-shaped template to determine which troops are hit, exactly like any other breathe weapon. Hits are resolved at Strenght 3, and are magical attacks.

Terror, Controlled, Large creature, Scaly Skin: DE book page 13.

Magic Items:
You can use all the DE magic items including the latest additions. You can also use the Tzeentch only magic items from the Hordes of Chaos army book, starting at page: 50.

Something missing, Questions? Contact me or post here.

//Edit: I added the hydras information.
Last edited by Warma on Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Malius
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malius »

0-1 Chaos Warriors (option for mark)

these and the knights of chaos have to have the mark. asides from that, i like this list.
Archdukechocula wrote:In fact I think the problem is that there should be a better term for jerky WAAC people, such as Win Avoiding Normal Kindness, Especially Respect (A " WANKER " if you will).

now thats funny :P
Dearchon
Highborn

Post by Dearchon »

would it be an idea to put the tzeentch chariot in, the on pulled by screamers (i think) could be cool, other than that it does look like quite a cool list
+++Oversized Signature Purged+++
Frosts-maulers...lord of
Corsair
Location: hunting down the graves of the asur so i can spit on them

Post by Frosts-maulers...lord of »

that is a cool idea..............well think about that
current occupation......trying to taint the minds of druchii ready for tzneetch's invasion
Warma
Warrior

Post by Warma »

I thought the Hydra would be something like this:

Hydra of Tzeentch
Stats: DE army book page 13.
Points cost: 245

Special Rules:
Marked, Flames of Tzeentch, Terror, Controlled, Large creature, Scaly Skin.

Marked: The Hydra and the apprentices have the Mark of Tzeentch.

Flames of Tzeentch: The heads of the Hydra of Tzeentch can breathe fire in the shooting phase. Use the teardrop-shaped template to determine which troops are hit, exactly like any other breathe weapon. Hits are resolved at Strenght 3, and are magical attacks.

Terror, Controlled, Large creature, Scaly Skin: DE book page 13.

Basically it's the War Hydra with a few changes:
-Breathe attack is magical instead of flaming
-Hydra and the apprentices have the Mark of Tzeentch
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

DEArchon wrote:would it be an idea to put the tzeentch chariot in, the on pulled by screamers (i think) could be cool, other than that it does look like quite a cool list

I don't see it happen, really. First, the slaaneshi cult hasn't got a daemonic chariot, second, this cult already has a chariot, and third...your only reason to put it in is cause it is cool. It is. But it would also be cool if Dragons had S10, and it would be very cool if all Elves had T5, and it would be cool if we could use some kind of rocketlauncher to blast steam tanks and cannons away.

'T would be cool, but...no reason to include it. Just doesn't fit imo.
Derathini
Executioner

Post by Derathini »

played a 1000pts battle with it against High elves i know its small but i just wanted a quick go with it i'm not good at reports but there will be a brief one in a bit_ I won
where will you hide when death comes for you!
Warma
Warrior

Post by Warma »

Derathini wrote:played a 1000pts battle with it against High elves i know its small but i just wanted a quick go with it i'm not good at reports but there will be a brief one in a bit_ I won
Great! Keep us posted for the report. I hope you used the updated list.
Last edited by Warma on Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frosts-maulers...lord of
Corsair

wow that should mean the list does work can you think of any improvements
current occupation......trying to taint the minds of druchii ready for tzneetch's invasion
Derathini
Executioner

Post by Derathini »

sorry the report isn't up yet it's just-i was had just finished it then my computer crashed.
I found that it is extremely magic heavy had 10 & 7 DD in that fight Vs. one lv. 2 mage
destroyed his army with magic then killed it with COC
-- don't let the champ of cultists be a wizard
Edit this would tone it done a bit as the extra dispel dice from the champ meant i completely closed down his magic phase
Didn't use Update for the Hydra so it was Hydra with Mark of Tzeentch
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Only a minor point - you have a magister as a lord and a hero - I think that the lord magister needs a bigger title to convey his importance - Grand Magister, Lord Magister, Magister Lord etc. (yes I know this has already been covered, and as Leth pointed out there will only ever be one Magister in the army, but I still think the names should reflect their status.

Otherwise looking good. No doubt it'll be magic heavy, but then Tzeentch is like that anyway :)

Than again, my CoS has been known to pack 12 power dice, 10 dispel dice and 3 scrolls on occasion :)

One thing that I think we DO need to keep in mind though is that this list might be better if it wasn't just a CoS list with horrors instead of daemonettes. Not that I'm saying that this is what we have at the moment, but just a heads up to avoid going down that road. It needs to be just that bit different I think.
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Only a minor point - you have a magister as a lord and a hero - I think that the lord magister needs a bigger title to convey his importance - Grand Magister, Lord Magister, Magister Lord etc.

Thing is, it's a fact that there can only be one Magister. Powerul magisters attract larger cults, so get bigger armies.

One thing that I think we DO need to keep in mind though is that this list might be better if it wasn't just a CoS list with horrors instead of daemonettes. Not that I'm saying that this is what we have at the moment, but just a heads up to avoid going down that road

Same thing with chaos - take your typical slaanesh list, then replace marks and daemons. But it's already quite different though - nothing like an Anointed, chariots, hydrae, skirmishers instead of Devoted, and the Horrors are also something different to daemonettes in that they can't fight well but cast bound spells, and then there are screamers.
Warma
Warrior

Post by Warma »

I found that it is extremely magic heavy

Well it is Tzeentch so it's bound to be magic heavy. I toned down the magic a bit though and not every unit can be marked. I understand that the Cultist Champions upgrade can be abused but that's why the minimum number is nine Cultists in a unit, imagine what would happen if it was five.

but just a heads up to avoid going down that road

We were on that road but then we took a left in a junction. As Lethalis said this is a bit different from the CoS list: no Anointed, we have; Chariots, Cultists and the Hydra. Nothing much we can do anymore. Of course there is similarities with the Slaanesh list but I think this has a bit different feel on it.

If somebody has playtested or wants to playtest more please feel free, more feedback is always nice to have.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

I'm testing a 1k list tuesday, so I'll inform you how it went then.
Warma
Warrior

Post by Warma »

Lethalis wrote:I'm testing a 1k list tuesday, so I'll inform you how it went then.
So you played the game then?

Has anybody else tested the list? Please post results and suggestions if you have?

And more playtesters are still needed, so if you are interested in the list and you want to help us with it, then you can playtest the list and give us feedback. That would help us very much.
Frosts-maulers...lord of
Corsair

hello can someone please....playtest the list we really need it
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

It says cultists have hand weapons, do you mean they have one hand weapons or do you mean they have two hand weapons?
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Warma
Warrior

Post by Warma »

They have one hand weapon each.
Derathini
Executioner

Post by Derathini »

i can try and write the report that i had but i can't rember all of the spefeics like HE wargear.
is that okay
Warma
Warrior

Post by Warma »

Yes, It's okay if you don't remember all the specifics.