Mage Wars campaign

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Mage Wars campaign

Post by Darmort »

A few days ago, I had a fun thought, a campaign on an island where a group of Mages are battling for it for their personal gain. Obviously there's ores, forests, rivers, large fields and so on, but then it struck me, three armies;
Bretonnians, Dwarfs, and Dogs of War;
Bretonnians and Dogs of War are easy enough;
Rules for Campaign;

Army must have a single Hero, no more, this Hero is a Mage by default. Any Army needing a BSB or simirlar (SP?) cannot have that Hero/Lord, so a Vampire Counts, Storm of Chaos Von Carstein list, cannon be used, because it needs a Lord general, compaired to the Hero Rule. Any army needs a Mage, no other Heros may be included At All. Dogs of War may not have paymaster, Bretonnians may not have BSB, Dwarfs need a new Hero shown in this thread;
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=437628#437628

Army may not be over set points limit (as per tournerment/normal campaign).

Campaign map might be a good idea to show terrain, rivers, forests, mountains, fortresses and so on.
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Angel of algebra
Assassin

Post by Angel of algebra »

the vampire list doesn't need a lord general, either a necromancer or a necrarch vampire can be the general in this case
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

Lord Khael Agath wrote:the vampire list doesn't need a lord general, either a necromancer or a necrarch vampire can be the general in this case

In the Storm of Chaos List? Only Thralls, Counts and Lords in that list. :?

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Angel of algebra
Assassin

Post by Angel of algebra »

oh, i misread it, i thought you meant the vampire counts list AND the army of sylvania couldn't be included
Evilzealot
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Evilzealot »

Seems interesting, although I wouldnt be too excited to play in the campaign if I had an army that does not do well in the magic phase. I'm sure OK, Khorne, Dwarves, and some bret players would be unhappy about not being able to use combat characters.
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

Evilzealot wrote:Seems interesting, although I wouldnt be too excited to play in the campaign if I had an army that does not do well in the magic phase. I'm sure OK, Khorne, Dwarves, and some bret players would be unhappy about not being able to use combat characters.

Which is why the campaign's a test, the campaign is actually to limit the amont of big bad-@$$ killing machines in Warhammer. And Khorne can't use Magic anyway, not unless it's an Undivided Mage, anyway. And no, I'm not going to make Khornate Mages for this campaign.
Back From Druchii Hiatus