New army

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Deathrain-commander
Executioner

Post by Deathrain-commander »

I will have a site/ new post set up with all these stats and fluff and special characters and such later when all of this is finished. They are staying in Lustria just for personal reasons. Fluff ideas include
Short story about Leon and Carike
Battle vs. Skaven from the point of view of a spearcat
Quick little thing about Chira
Letter from the first empire ship to land in Catmen territory
A brief history of the catmen
I am trying to get my gorram scanner to work so that I can post some of my concept art up here (current pics: Chira concept art IE catgirl with a staff surrounded by cats, Leon and Carike pic, Front cover concept IE Catlord with Bladed spear raised above his head and a bow in one hand and an idea for wild catman (IE no clan) that I'm not entirely sure what to do with. They've let their fur and claws grow insanely long etc.). Die go you can send it to my at one of my three e-mails (look on my profile). I would love to see em.
I check the hotmail the most. That goes for ANYONE who wants to e-mail me ideas/ fluff/ whateva (minus flames of course).
And finally the guys at Asur.org believe that I should change the equipment of my archers from longbows to just regular bows. Ideas?
Last edited by Deathrain-commander on Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lording over a dead universe IS a lifelong dream of mine.
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=39077
The Catmen are upon us!
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Dearthrain:
Please email what you have, like you did for Xizor. My email again:

rasputinii@gmail.com
Pleased to be back
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

Just FYI, there were rumors a while back about GW releasing a list for Ind (The Indian subcontinent of the Warhammer world) that featured tiger-headed Beastmen, so your idea may bear official fruit at some point (although I wouldn't hold my breath...).
Mig el pig
Cold One Knight
Location: The land of beer, chocolate and crazy laws AKA Belgium

Post by Mig el pig »

cat archers
http://www.crocodilegames.com/secure/items/WGE-310m.jpg
cat dualwielding swords(wo)men
http://www.crocodilegames.com/secure/items/WGE-313.jpg
some very nice cat warrior models (20MMbases)
especially the musician and standard bearer have lovely sculpts
http://www.crocodilegames.com/secure/items/WGE-313a.jpg
http://www.crocodilegames.com/secure/items/WGE-313b.jpg

and even those are dwarfed by the "lords"
female (check this one out)
http://www.crocodilegames.com/secure/items/wge-209.jpg
male
http://www.crocodilegames.com/secure/items/wge-207.jpg
Mitharath
Executioner

Post by Mitharath »

Cat with bows? Come on! They should be brilliant fighters, fast, deadly (somethink like Instincts? Gives +1 to hit against enemy choosen by unit/character (catch), or frenzy(bloody hunt), or M9 or I10(quick legs)), but they shouldn't shoot! Or even if, they should have throwing spears or something like that, hell no bows or crossbows!
And for characters- 9 lives (they're cats, ya?): 2+ ward save against last wound or something like that
But what's puzzling you is just nature of pete's game
Deathrain-commander
Executioner

Mitharath wrote:Cat with bows? Come on! They should be brilliant fighters, fast, deadly (somethink like Instincts? Gives +1 to hit against enemy choosen by unit/character (catch), or frenzy(bloody hunt), or M9 or I10(quick legs)), but they shouldn't shoot! Or even if, they should have throwing spears or something like that, hell no bows or crossbows!
And for characters- 9 lives (they're cats, ya?): 2+ ward save against last wound or something like that

No offense but have you ever considered that this list is supposed to be balanced? I can only think of 3 2+ ward saves in the entire game and their all on insane special characters (Malekith and his is mundane, and teclis and tyrions and theirs only works on the last wound). So no, no 2+ ward saves for catmen. As I've said before the nine lives thing is incorporated into the Lore of Cats. Your stat suggestions are kinda unbalanced. And yes, cats with bows.
Mighij: Nice, might use them as a starting point for my models but their too... ranked up. And the catmen have less visible skin, due to a lot of fur. I'd probably give them some fur from,
Helderak: Someone get me Gav Thorpe's e-mail.
RasputinII: All that stuff is already posted here but I'll e-mail it once it's all formatted and such.
The Catmen are upon us!
Druchiishootlord
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Druchiishootlord »

Actually deathrain...there are a few magic items in the game that give the same benefit. They are however pretty expensive.

As for general stats...maybe BS 4 on them isn't the best for core...i can see rare or maybe even an 0-1 special with BS 4. WS 4...that i can see with no problem and whole heartedly agree with.
Last edited by Druchiishootlord on Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Like never before will the weaker race of men tremble before our might."

Lord Yeurl to his captain before a battle in the Old World.

R4V3N wrote:do not question eldacar.

his word is law.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Okay, I have read through most of it. Everything is soo cheesey and cliched, from the names to the ideas even to the fluff. It also seems there i alot of stuff in there thats there cause you think its kool rather than it being rue. If a manticore and a griffon get no save for their hide why should a bleeding lion? It shouldn't. Give them +1T to represetn them being, well tougher, they don't owever have scales, exoskeletons or the rule scaly skin.

I have rather gone off he idea I'm afaraid matey. I would have probably gone alot more down the Line of Skaven meet Tomb Kings with the list. Certainly no cavlry, but some really fast infantry, and un mounted ig cats.

Its just so sought of contrived and cliched it almost hurts to read...

sorry,

Ras
Pleased to be back
S_serpent
Trainee Warrior

Post by S_serpent »

I just only had time too read the first posts, and will be reading the rest later on when I get off work.

Since you are using Cleopatra 'Queen of Cats', perhaps an idea is to use Basteth (Egyption Catgoddess). Perhaps Bastaths as name which combines Basteth and Cats in one word.

But I really like the idea behind a cat army, nice work
Lord S_Serpent

Die go
Executioner

Post by Die go »

Deathrain, here you have my e-mail, if you want to contact me: ogham2001@hotmail.com. If you´re going to take this a little bit seriously, I´d like to draw something for the Catmen if you agree.
"Brother, while you burn, you belong to life."
Mitharath
Executioner

Post by Mitharath »

2+ ward saves for catmen.

Ok, maybe not 2+ but 5+. For heroes...
Army without shooting can be balanced. Via VC...
But what's puzzling you is just nature of pete's game
Deathrain-commander
Executioner

I'll consider 9 lives ward saves as a special ability (dedcuted from your magic items allowence) or for special characters. Die Go, go ahead and draw away.
Anyway here is some fluff I have for the catmen, Just when the Empire first lands on their shores

My Lord,
As instructed we landed in the Southern part of Lustria where the deadly Lizardmen are not known to roam. Immediately upon landing we knew something was wrong. All of the cats we’d brought as rat catchers ran ahead off the gangplank ahead of the men into the jungle. We thought nothing of it at the time, thinking that all they needed was to get some exercise and they would be back by nightfall. When they were not back by noon the next day we became worried. We became even more worried when the scouts we sent into the jungle did not return. All night the sounds of giant cats came echoing from the jungle. We had heard rumors of giant cat people in Ind and we wondered if perhaps these rumors were true. Our fears were proved right when a cat person, not giant but human sized, came from the jungle at dawn of the second day. His fur was completely black, he tail twitched back and forth as he stared at us and he carried twin swords and a longbow on his back. On his shoulder was my own pet cat purring. He informed us in perfect English that we were to leave now or suffer the consequences. I informed him that if he did not leave out camp he would be filled with bullets. When I blinked he was gone. That night the cat sounds were absent. Two of my men came running from sentry duty screaming about gleaming claws and glowing eyes. No one slept that night. We heard nothing of them the next day and knew only that our scouts continued to disappear. The next night they came. They fired as they came and ten of my men were down before we had a chance to fire back. The one who had come to us was at their head and our own rat catchers assaulted us in a swarm. My own pet gave me a scratch as if he did not recognize me and I fear it will become infected.
We barely made it through the night. I send this message with a carrier pigeon in the hopes to let you know to avoid this stretch of coastline and so that you will know of our plight. They burned our shops in the assault making it impossible for us to retreat. Now I must go. I can hear the sounds of our rat catchers yowling in the night.
This was found nailed to a tree on the beach mentioned in the letter by an arrow. Upon arriving out ship experienced the same phenomena regarding our rat catchers. The beach was deserted although the sand was stained with blood and the burnt wreckage of a ship was sunk offshore. Forgive our cowardice but when the deemed Catman from the letter appeared before us and gave us the same warning my men threatened mutiny if we did not leave. I have marked out this area of coastline as ‘Catmen territory’ and I believe all south of it is theirs as well.[b]
The Catmen are upon us!