Castlevania Symphony of the Night presents: Alucard

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Druchiishootlord
Malekith's Best Friend

Castlevania Symphony of the Night presents: Alucard

Post by Druchiishootlord »

I decided that Alucard is so awesome that i wanted to make a special character for him. Since this is only the first draft of him i expect him to be quite overpowered and unbalanced. I'll explain how i got his points and add fluff for him later. Points were generated from using the guideline in this thread: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=26705

Stats based off of those of a Vampire Count

Alucard will take up a Lord choice. Such is this Vampire's strength and power he will also take up an additional hero choice.

Alucard

M6 WS7 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I8(+10) A4 LD9

Total Points: 510 (+20 for being a special character.)

Magic: Alucard is a LvL 4 wizard who will always use the lores of fire and death. (+ 120...40 pts per extra level)

Equipment: Alucard's Sword, Alucard's Shield, Alucard's Armor, Vampire's Cloak and Necklace of J.

Magic Items:

Though Alucard may be the son of the dread Count Dracula, this sword is the heirloom of his mother, a human who was executed for trying to give medicine to the sick

Alucard's Sword: This sword adds +1 strength or the sword grants him +1 Attack. Choose at the beginning of each combat. (+15 pts for first ability, +15 pts for the second ability)

It is said that no shield can match the protective strength of the shield carried by Alucard. All damage that would be dealt to the son of Dracula harmlessly dissipates upon hitting his shield.

Alucard's Shield: This shield grants +2 to Alucard's Armor Save. (+20 points)

Enchanted to survive all of the elements of Castlevania, Alucard's armor makes him impervious to the effects of the elements. This allows him to walk through fire and ice as if through a spring breeze while lightning harmlessly bounds away.

Alucard's Mail: Counts as Heavy Armor. In addition, Alucard's Mail makes him immune to Fire, Ice, all other element based damage. This armor doesn't hinder Alucard in his magic casting. (+5 for Im to fire, +5 Im to ice, +5 element immune, +20 no magic hinderance, +5 Heavy Armor.)

Of unknown origin, the Necklace of J hangs around the neck of the only vampiric vampire hunter while the Vampire's Cloak marks Alucard out as being gifted with the Vampire's Kiss.

Vampire's Cloak and Necklance of J: The combined powers of these artifacts grant Alucard a 5+ Ward Save. (+30 points)

Special Rules:

Hate Vampires(as per rules on page 84 of the BRB). Such is Alucard's burning rage against those who draw blood from the living, Alucard must charge any vampire if in LoS if possible. Even if a vampire is not engaged in combat while Alucard is, Alucard must always Challenge. This overrules the standard rule for Challenges. (+20 for hatred. -10 for must charge and challenge)

Birthed from human womb: Alucard follows all of the rules for Undead but will always take wounds from combat resolution as if he is within range of a Battle Standard Bearer. (+25 for reduced Undead Combat Res wounds)

Determined Quest: The will to destroy his father, Dracula, that Alucard undertook his quest alone to save those he loves. Alucard may not join any units. Though inspiring as his quest may be, even if Alucard has the highest Leadership, he may not be your general. (no points added or deduced.)

Alucard is also supposed to be known for the power to change into a bat(strigoi power), a wolf (von carstein power), and a mist. I'm not sure if i should approach this or not. I was also thinking of attempting to make a lore for Alucard, kinda like Tzarina Katarin.

Comments and all wanted and appreciated. Tear into him guys. Thanx in advance.

Edit Notes: Edit 2. (added Necklace of J, Vampire's Cloack, and changed Alucard's Sword ability.) Rest of the edits are just grammar and spelling corrections and fluff additions.
Last edited by Druchiishootlord on Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Like never before will the weaker race of men tremble before our might."

Lord Yeurl to his captain before a battle in the Old World.

R4V3N wrote:do not question eldacar.

his word is law.
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

How about naming his magic items? Like, 'Myrtharul' or 'Heartrender' or summat. Just gets a bit more into the feel of it. Also, the story behind these trinkets would be interesting.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Druchiishootlord
Malekith's Best Friend

well i'm using the names they have in the game, as well as those are the items he starts the game with.

The items really don't have too much of a back ground...but i'll pull what i can together as soon as possible.

What about his rules and balance?

his word is law.
Druchiishootlord
Malekith's Best Friend

here is the idea for the transformations of alucard. My problem is that i'm trying to find a valid use for Wolf Form...Mist can wound units, then there is fly for the bat...but i'll be damned if i can figure something out for Wolf.

Alternate Forms: Alucard may adopt an alternate form in the Remaining moves part of the Movement Phase. Thus making any of these forms unable to charge into combat.

Bat Form: Grants Alucard the ability to fly.

Wolf Form: Grants Alucard M 9. In addition, if Alucard moves at least 9 and through a unit of skimishers, every model in the unit takes a S4 hit.

Mist Form: Alucard gains a float move of 10". Poison: This allows Alucard to move through ranked units in the manner that he moves through skirmished units in Wolf Form.

his word is law.