Fear

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Entreri
Executioner

Fear

Post by Entreri »

What will happen when a 20 strong unit is being charged by 6 cold one knights in the front and 5 cold one knights in the flank.
I know that they take a fear test for each unit, so lets say they make the front charge but fail the flank charge, now there outnumbered right? and will break.... or am I way off!? and do they have to fail both?

Anybody!?
With each kill I grow wiser, and with added wisdom I grow stronger.
Bad beast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Bad beast »

they test for each unit individually, and at this point they will only auto flee if an individual unit has a higher US

in the case which you spelled out the unit would not flee, however would only hit the ones on the flank on 6's, should they lose combat and still be outnumbered, they will be outnumbered by fear causing enemy's and only hold on insane courage

if they fail both checks they still are not forced to flee as a charge reaction, however, needing 6's to hit both units they are very unlikely to not lose to outnumbering fear causers
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Bad Beast is correct.

Test for each unit, unit strength of each is counted separately for the purpose of Fleeing or Hitting on 6s.
If both chargers make it into combat, you count the Unit Strength of all Fear causing models.
Entreri
Executioner

Post by Entreri »

Thanks you 2 :D
With each kill I grow wiser, and with added wisdom I grow stronger.