Pendant of Khaeleth, an oddity

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kreoss
Noble

Pendant of Khaeleth, an oddity

Post by Kreoss »

This is probably a simple answer, but I just wanted to see all the viewpoints out there. I was playing a game earlier and this came up: My Sorceress, with Pendant, was on the bad end of a Banshee's Scream, which rolled exactly enough to do two wounds. The Scream allows ward saves, but it just deals wounds directly - there is no Strength value involved. It seemed very odd to me and my opponent that one could have a ward save that did nothing, and threw around some ideas that maybe the Banshee's base Strength value was used or somesuch, but ultimately decided that she died with no saves.

Does anyone disagree that this is how it should work for these situations?
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

The banshees attack has no strength value, so you get no save.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

No saves should be right and also seems to be the most common viewpoint on this matter.

It's the one disadvantage of an otherwise rather overpowered item. ;)

Bye
Thanee
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

If there's no Str value, there's no save at all, because S0, you have to roll egal or lower and I don't see any 0 on a die.

Also, the item doesn't say that you always succeed the ward on a 1 so, you are right, if there's no Str value, the pendant doesn't provide any save.
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

She gets no save. Its a 35 pt item. It provides outstanding protection from high strength attacks and is balanced by the fact that it provides no protection from attacks with no strength value.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.