can the bsb take a lance if mounted?

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Cougar_roger
Cold One Knight

can the bsb take a lance if mounted?

Post by Cougar_roger »

it doesn't say that he can't, but the new army builder takes the option away if you select the master as the bsb. Which one is right?
bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve...
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

if the book doesnt say he cant i dont see why not. He could probably use the flag pole as a lance anyway ;)
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

For several army books now GW has eliminated the restriction on BSBs having normal equpiment. Starting with the HE book and now continuing through the DE book the BSB can take, shields, lances, etc... even if he takes a magic banner. He just can't take Magic Banners + other magic items.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

Dont trust army builder. Trust the army book.
Konrad von richtmark
Beastmaster

Post by Konrad von richtmark »

Yes, he can take a lance. There is no general rule which prohibits BSBs from taking equipment normally available to the hero in question (aka the requirement to use one hand to hold the standard).

Most armies have army-specific rules that prohibit a BSB from taking certain things, but 7th edition Druchii only have the restriction that you cannot both have a magic standard and other magic equipment.

Now when I think about it, it would be perfectly legal to mount a BSB on a manticore.

addit: What Linda said. What Army Builder thinks has no implication whatsoever on what is legal and what is not. Army Builder and the people behind it are in no way affiliated with GW. And Army Builder has been known to be wrong in the past.
Unless you already figured out, I play Empire. And I like spearelves.

Read The collected tales of Khorandras the Fallen