Daemonic Icons

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Stonecutter
Noble

Daemonic Icons

Post by Stonecutter »

I was just re-reading the daemon FAQ and the daemonic icon response seems contradictory. It states the icons are treated like magic items (and hence only 1 of each type could be taken in an army vice multiples of the same) while at the same time saying the icons fall under the rules for daemonic gifts (which allow multiples of the same). Has there been any clarification on this issue (or opinions for that matter)?
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

You can have more than one copy of the same icon but they are affected by effects that work on magic items (like Law of Gold, Null Stone, Vaul's Unmaking etc.)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Stonecutter
Noble

Post by Stonecutter »

Dalamar wrote:You can have more than one copy of the same icon but they are affected by effects that work on magic items (like Law of Gold, Null Stone, Vaul's Unmaking etc.)

Ironically, this part is what I thought I understood - that the icons would not be affected by things that work on magic items. The FAQ states that icons are treated as magic items with the caveats listed on page 92 and those same caveats in turn state that the daemonic gifts are immune to anything that affects magic items. Why do I feel like I am caught in an infinite do loop of diametrically opposed circular logic?? :lol:
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I guess I need to re-read that FAQ :P
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16