estion about facing banner of drakonhof

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lostshadow
Dark Rider

estion about facing banner of drakonhof

Post by Lostshadow »

I was playing a game against vampire counts and they were using the banner of drakonhof, I was using a dogs of war wizard with the lore of fire.
My question is, I know you cant regenarate wounds from hits that are flaming, but the banner gives the whole unit regeneration.

So if I kill a model with a fireball spell, does this mean the whole unit can never regenerate again?

When the vampire counts raised their dead models, do they lose regeneration after being killed by a flaming attack or do they still keep it?

Thanks
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

Post by Zakath the slaughterer »

So if I kill a model with a fireball spell, does this mean the whole unit can never regenerate again?
That is old rules and was left out mostly because it is plain stupid :? If you cause a flaming wound on a unit of Trolls, for example, the rest of the Trolls' wounds can still be Regenerated - unless hit by another flaming attack, of course.

When the vampire counts raised their dead models, do they lose regeneration after being killed by a flaming attack or do they still keep it?
I'm not sure if I quiteunderstand but:
-There is a Grace Guard unit with Regeneration on the field
-The last model in the unit is named Jack
-A fireball hits Jack :arrow: he doesn't get to roll Regeneration
-Vampire Lord John resurrects Jack. Jack has Regeneration (if the unit still has the banner at that point)

Hope I helped :)
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings/
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams/
Blinded by me, you cant see a thing/
Just call my name, `cause Ill hear you scream
Bad beast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Bad beast »

under the old rules they would never be able to regen again, however, in 7th edition flaming attacks only negate the regen save for the flaming attacks, not all future attacks
Fr0 wrote: The evil Dr. Henry McCoy as usual, has a firm grasp on the rule.