Question about Harpies

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Blackfel
Black Guard

Question about Harpies

Post by Blackfel »

In this edition, it seems to me that more and more Druchii players are fielding multiple "squadrons" of Harpies. I couldn't figure out why until I realized that they have two attacks now, which makes them pretty darn good for killing off war machines and skirmishers. Therefore, I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and field a few units of them in an upcoming tournament.

Here's my question: it's been a long time since I've actually used harpies, and the ones that I have are converted Daemonettes of Slaanesh. The only problem is, Daemonettes are on 25mm bases. Are harpies mounted on a 20mm base or a 25mm base?

Thanks in advance!

Blackfel
There is one rule, above all others, for being a man. Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
Lakissov
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lakissov »

20 mm bases

and as for the two attacks - they have been like that also in the previous edition. and, to tell the truth, they are useful for many other purposes beside war machine hunting (march-blocking, screening, redirecting charges); being 55 points per unit, they are a steal!
Blackfel
Black Guard

Post by Blackfel »

Thanks for the quick reply. The more I look at them the more I like what I see. In a 2250 point tournament list I'm working on, I had two units of 20 Witch elves backed by a cauldron, but for the same points as one of the units of Witch Elves I found that I could take 5 units of Harpies. The ability to threaten that many war machines etc., at the same time is priceless.

Blackfel
There is one rule, above all others, for being a man. Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Even better... make them 2 units of 10 Witch Elves, which are almost as effective as 20, and still add 4x5 Harpies.

You can screen your Witch Elves from shooting and units you do not want to charge that way, and on the turn, the screening Harpies charge, you can still charge with your Witch Elves.

Bye
Thanee