CoB Stubborn and a killer not a leader.

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Geist
Noble

CoB Stubborn and a killer not a leader.

Post by Geist »

So this question might have a simple answer but maybe not.
I have a unit of corsairs with an assassin in it, hes reviled, unit is within 12 inches of a cauldron. Yes I know the assassins LD can not be used for break checks, but since he is a khainte does he make the unit he is in stubborn? Does his a killer not a leader rule make it so this is not even an option? Is this a handy way to have stubborn with out buying the crown?
Flyers for the win in 8th.

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Yes.

In 7th ed they had a FAQ entry that said it didn't count.

But in 8th ed they removed the FAQ entry. So, yes, having an assassin in a non-khainite unit that is within 12" of a CoB gains stubborn. As long as he is declared that is.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

Be aware that there are some players that will RAW this to the extreme and claim that even a Death Hag cannot pass along the Caldron Stubborn to a non-Khainite unit.

The logic (such as it is) goes like this:

The Cauldron passes Stubborn on to Khanite UNITS, not Khainte MODELS. And since spearmen (Corsairs, whatever) are not Khainite, and they form the majority of the unit, the unit is not Khainite, therfore not Stubborn. Apparently the Khainite character somehow miraculously looses the Khainite rule when part of a non-Khainite unit. Or stops being a unit of its own just because it is part of a large unit now, I don't understand the reasoning.
Zenith
Noble

Post by Zenith »

Shove them the COB rules under their nose, a model is even considered a "unit" in its own right.
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Zenith and Red +1
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

Their next argument becomes 'if the character remains an independant unit whilst in another unit, then it can be targeted as an independant unit' and try and snipe them with a unit of whatever shooty troops or magic missiles they have.

It's TFG logic at its very worst. But be aware that it is out there and be ready for it.