Super Bomber Woman query

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Super Bomber Woman query

Post by Holt »

Hey,

I have been reading through the D.R.I.A.C.H. articles (which are great by the way and I would recommend that everyone at least has a bit of a browse over them) and found the following set up for a Sorceress:

Super-bomber-woman provided by Red…
Sorceress - 200pts
Lvl1, Ring of Hotek, Earthing Rod, Dark Pegasus
Red said:
This bad girl is made for flying between/behind the enemies lines and moving within 1" behind or beside her target unit(s). In the magic phase she casts her spell (preferably a really nasty one) using ALL of the magic dice you have available. Odds are that you will not only succeed in casting it, but that your score will be too high for your opponent to dispel it AND you will get a miscast (due to the ring). She then gets to roll on the miscast table (with a re-roll in case you get a score that you don't want) and hopefully do a ton of damage to the victim unit(s) that she is next to. Even though she will probably take a S10 hit, this will only cause a single wound and she has 3 (due to the peggy), so can do this two more times!

It's a bit extreme, but could be lots of fun, especially against an elite heavy army (that unit of Chaos Knights just won't know what hit em!).

Sounds like a bit of fun but I have a question about her. Can someone explain the part to me that says she has 3 wounds because she is on the Dark Pegasus? I have been looking through my copy of the BRB but cannot find anything about this in the characters/mounts section. Or am I just having a bit of a blind moment and its clear as day infront of me?

Here is the link to the thread is anyone is interested about the other set ups that are listed there: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=66137

Thanks.
Last edited by Holt on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

A dark pegasus counts as a monstrous beast (my translation from my german rulebook) if it is used as a mount it counts as monstrous cavalry. In this case they follow normal cavalry rules with some exeptions, one being that you always use the highest W stat and not automatically the riders. Thus the Sorceres, and our other heros, on a dark pegasus have 3 wounds.

In my Rulebook its on page 83, hopefully its the same in yours :)
Lepaca
Shade

Post by Lepaca »

Lokil wrote:In my Rulebook its on page 83, hopefully its the same in yours :)

Yep, it is.
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

Well there's my problem, I was looking on page 104. Thanks for that. My next question is where does it say that the Dark Pegasus is Monstrous Cavalry?
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

the bestiary in the BRB, more specifically page 158
Opus vos liberaverit
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

More specifically, it says there that it counts as a monstrous beast, then if you look up monstrous beasts it will say that when theyre ridden they count as monstrous cavalry... kind of complicated rules but it will make sense once you get the hang of it.
• Name: Akish Shadowborn
• Male Khainite
• WS4 S3 T3 D4 I4
• Equipment: Dagger, 2 Short Swords, Throwing Dagger x4, Light Armour,
• Skills: Basic Stealth
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Nice to see my creation is still out there and making an impact :) If you do use her, please report back how it goes - it's always interesting to hear how theory translates into reality (or not, as the case may be...)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

@smiler666: Page 486 of the BRB, you must mean the LRB for page 158? Thanks for pointing out that it is listed in there as MB, two little letters that clear it right up. O and that little paragraph above the picture of the Great Eagle on page 85. Simple as that a.

@Red...: No problem, I'll be sure to let you know how she goes when she makes it in to one of my lists.
Doug
Warrior

Post by Doug »

What a great idea I like that a lot :twisted: !!!
Lorddrittz
Beastmaster

Post by Lorddrittz »

It reminds me of an expensive version of the Skaven Warlock Engineer Suicide bomber with the Brass Orb.

You could also give her Dark Magic in case she gets the spell which doubles her wounds.

It may also be nice to Steed of Shadows her into a good position.

Give her the Opal Amulet for a 1 off 4+ WS.
Dark Elf Battles

Win/Draw/Loss
10 : 1 : 4 7th Ed Codex
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Enough with the necroing of threads already.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Well, at least, LordDrittz brings to my attention some threads that I failed to D.R.A.I.C.H. before.
But you're right, the normal policy is not to exhumate an old thread, but rather to start a new one with a link to the former one.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}